Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 18-03-2013

Default Info needed

Hi well I'm looking at getting into the world of electric and would love some info on the best route to go down, I'm torn between GT12 and the 1/10 touring. The info I need to know is are there any half decent RTR models also what sort of prices would I be looking at as would need 2 of whichever I decide to do for both myself and my partner.

Thanks
Old 18-03-2013

Default Help !

From my experience its best to see what runs at your local club. If they race outdoors only, 1/12th is not for you as they only run on carpet. 10th Touring can run indoors or outdoors.

Personally, cars like the Schumacher Supastox or Mardave V12 series are an excellent place to start, both are carpet racers and are 'cheap' to get up and running.
Old 18-03-2013

Hi yea I have just found out they are a 1/10 touring club only so what options would be a good rtr or something?
Old 18-03-2013

Default Help ! 2

Or if you are setting your sights a little higher in 12th scale, you can do a lot worse than try an Associated 12R5 / R5.1 / R5.2

They go together superbly and out of the box - with the right tyres handle really well !
Old 18-03-2013

Default 10th Touring

Again, best thing to do is see what cars are popular at the club.

Good car to get started with would be something like a Xray T3 2011, there are plenty out there and parts availability and commonality of parts is a bonus.

Good luck.
Old 22-03-2013
Mad Member

Check out the Associated TC RTR cars. Associated make some of the best RTR cars for racing, usually a version that can be upgraded if you like the sport. Also their RTR cars are worth something on the used market.

You will have to buy the right tyres for your local club - ask the club guys what they use. Usually the kit tyres will be quite unsuitable. HTH
Old 23-03-2013

Some clubs run novice class which may have some tamiya TT01s and older TC chassis which are good as a taster but if the club run more modern chassis then you will pick up good condition used chassis like Xray T2009 T3 10,11,12 Schumacher Mi4 ect which can all be competitive in the right hands plus parts are easy to get if needed.
Old 23-03-2013

Wink

Be very wary of rtr they usually put cheep gear together and charge top price electric wise to maximise profits for them selves. Like as been mentioned go to your local club and ask about there will be people to put you right, as long as they don't have there cars in bits trying to get ready for the next heat which always happens to me
Old 23-03-2013

I agree with most of the comments above and I'm sure you'll be happy with whichever you choose. I personally race 1/10th touring and would recommend to anyone starting to choose a Xray as a good starting car (either a 2nd hand model or if new and are on a budget (which most of us were when we started outed out) I highly recommend a racer version of the car, still very competitive but a fair bit cheaper.

Xrays are very popular and as previously said parts are easily available, Start up costs are always quite high especially now with everyone running brushless etc, but with a good eye on the sale threads you'll get some good bargains.

Which ever you choose I'm sure you'll be love it.