Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/10th OFF ROAD

Old 16-08-2012
SHRCCC Legend

Talking Short Course Trucks to Become Rally or Rally Cross?

Remembering the old days of fitting car typre shells to my buggies to resemble road cars or rally cars, I think we used to call it rally cross??? Oh the pain of the body mounts!!!

With Trucks not taking off dramitcally at present compared to the USA, perhaps this is a way of making use of the chassis, a new 2012 Rally Cross?

Sure would be a good sight!!!!

http://www.rc-area.co.uk/2012/08/16/...us-st-sc-body/

Old 16-08-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

it does have more of an apeal in looks
Old 16-08-2012

Agreed, just as with monster trucks, full scale short course truck racing is very USA centric, so you can see why the American manufacturers went RC with it. For Europe and the rest of the world rally cars would be great, may hold off on thoughts of a SC truck for now
Old 16-08-2012

Location: Nottingham till I retire, then Caribbean or Palawan.

Mmmmm... I'm not so sure... OK the trucks are a little North America centric, but at least (the good bodies) look to scale and quite cool.

This rally body a little too wide, a little too squashed, and a little too awkward looking.

I'm actually more excited about the short course buggies looks wise, they look absolutely phenomenal! But I think it'll be a cold day in hell when that takes off in the UK.
Old 16-08-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudders View Post

With Trucks not taking off dramitcally at present compared to the USA, perhaps this is a way of making use of the chassis, a new 2012 Rally Cross?
Sorry Neil, but tbh that is a very naive comment,

I've been racing SCT's for pretty much 3 years and the class is popular at all the clubs i race at, plus we have 2 heats at our BRCA 1/10th Regional series, so the suggestion that it's a class that isn't taking off is a silly one...

the main issue with SCT racing in UK is the attitude to them by some clubs and meeting organisers and also the misconception that we race the trucks in a demolition derby style full contact smashing into each other... i find SCT racing is cleaner than buggy racing!

With new trucks and products coming all the time it is here to stay i'm afraid an will only grow i hope... there is another big manufacturer getting in on it and maybe that will add to the UK following

As for the bodyshell... cool, i'm a massive rallying fan and if this adds another option to SCT racing or a side class then good stuff... doubt it will make a difference tbh but i like the concept
Old 16-08-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I must say I can't recall the last time I saw an SC truck running anywhere in the West Mids.
I think they are popular in some places and not so in others.

I can understand why some people enjoy running them but to me they will always be BDTs (big dumb trucks) .... but that is just a personal opinion of course

The rally bodies might help a bit as they are more identifiable for the majority of people I think.
Old 16-08-2012

Thumbs up popularity

I agree with freakly chimp.
Class is popular at local level right across country but nationals not pulling the numbers in as not currently a BRCA backed class. Once this happens then am sure will mean greater attendance to nationals. currently is the crowd that love the way they drive.........I am included in that group!! think they are a brilliant realistic looking class.
Rallycross class was from the 1990's down here in Essex. Southends multi surface off road track was brilliant. had metro 6r4 and astra gte's all based on 10th buggies. control tyres and stock motors. close rubbing racing....
Old 16-08-2012

I don't think the class is popular across the whole country based on the tracks I race at most frequently. It is clearly popular in some areas, but then in others it is almost non existent, certainly at club level anyway.
Old 16-08-2012
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye View Post
I don't think the class is popular across the whole country based on the tracks I race at most frequently. It is clearly popular in some areas, but then in others it is almost non existent, certainly at club level anyway.
Correct!
At YORCC we advertise trucks welcome and get a grand total of... no trucks this year.
At the oOple race there wasn't even a full heat!
Old 16-08-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col View Post
Correct!
At YORCC we advertise trucks welcome and get a grand total of... no trucks this year.
At the oOple race there wasn't even a full heat!
YORCC were offered a SCT National and turned it down as far as i'm aware.

at YORCC Mid-East Regional the truck heats were cancelled by race director when there were SCT's booked in

The oOple SCT entries were down to the organisers choice, could have easily filled 2 heats with the olk i know that would have run a SCT... there were 11 cars on heat list Saturday morning so dunno what happened there... Hupo was a non starter and Mr Jemison broke his chassis i heard.

SCT's on RHR Dirt are awesome and hopefully there will be more trucks allowed at oOple 13
Old 16-08-2012

Send a message via Skype™ to Timee80

people look like they have fun racing them but to me they are just an extra heat of racing that extends an already long day. Most of the time the heats arent full either. It comes across to me as a "mess about heat" that has absolutely no appeal.
I know there are people out there who love to race them (the east midlands seems like we have more than the average number) but i cant see the point really.
Only my opinion i know. If we were all the same it would be a boring place to be
If it brings more people into the hobby then I would have to agree its a positive thing
Old 16-08-2012

I Love running sc more then my buggy and they r not slow crashing lumps I ended up beating lots of buggies in time last time I raced mine

As for 7 min final so much fun and if u have a bad start u have loads of time to fight bk
Old 16-08-2012
Gypsy Member

scs are here to stay
minority to the buggys but there here and they hold there own
its fun racing
Old 16-08-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I'd buy one and run it if I could race it anywhere with a bunch of others... it looks good fun. No one runs them round here (Yorkshire).

I almost bought a cheap ansmann truck for the mmrx sct national, but glad I didn't now as they couldn't run the meeting properly.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------