Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/10th OFF ROAD

Old 24-08-2012

I only started racing 2WD last December (only did 4wd before that in the many times I raced). Initial car was a rear motor RB5, I then converted it to a mid. I have since purchased an X2C and found it absolutely brilliant. It has put the fun back into racing. Yes it is cheap and its not a top notch racer like a centro or the vega. But you can put it round the track quickly and improve your skills. It's a forgiving car. It needs minimal set up changes so you can just get on and drive. If you do break anything it's really cheap to fix as well.
That got me going well and I now run the TC02C with the Akula conversion which is going nicely as well. You can get a 2nd hand X2C for around £80-90 and most have some upgrades on already.
Old 25-08-2012

Thanks for the reply.

What's the quality of the parts like on the Team C TC02C?
Looks like a bit of a bargin for the price
Old 25-08-2012

to find out about team c products you need to talk to rich johnson at pbm in eastwood, he can tell you all about the products and they stock them as well
Old 25-08-2012
oOple Advertiser

The team c is the best car I've driven full stop, can't rate it highly enough.

It is a bargain and in the unlikely event you break it parts are mega cheap too!

I would say have a good look at one and hopefully drive one before you buy anything else

--SMD--INSIDE LINE MODELS--PR RACING UK--

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79696
Old 25-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by john333 View Post
The team c is the best car I've driven full stop, can't rate it highly enough.

It is a bargain and in the unlikely event you break it parts are mega cheap too!

I would say have a good look at one and hopefully drive one before you buy anything else
the TC02C & the X2c are 99% EXACTLY the same car.. the only difference is the importers / distributors, the cars & parts are interchangeable between the 2 brands.

On that basis, if your local shop supports Ansmann & has a trade account with Ansmann (which seems likely as Ansmann currently have more dealers on their network it seems than Team C do) forget the Team C car & go for the X2c or buy a 2nd hand team C & use Ansmann spares or vice versa depending on how well the local dealers support the brand you choose.

Also don't forget the X2c is just the pro version of the Ansmann Mad-Monkey - the Monkey is still a very capable car & with some basic upgrades (better shocks being the main one & you will need bearings as the kit comes with bushes) you can be just as competitive as anyone out there, considering a Monkey costs about £70 for the kit, it's not going to break the bank if you want to try the car for a couple of months & you could always upgrade to the X2c later or improve what you have by fitting X2c parts (which will fit) to upgrade as you go along to get back into the hobby gradually.

One other thing the X2c / TC02C chassis takes saddle pack batteries, but the Monkey chassis takes regular stick type packs, so it may be worth considering the monkey if you have stick packs as the lower cost alternative if you have to factor in batteries to the car's price if you haven't already got batteries to go in the car already.
Old 26-08-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

All depends on budget.

I'd be looking at what the RB6 can do, others I'd look at SV2 & 22.

DEX210 wouldn't be on my list.

Final point which I think has already been mentioned, see what other people are racing. Popular car at track means you'll stand a chance of help etc.
Old 26-08-2012
Mad Member

Vega gen 2 and new b4.1 kit together
Or
Associated c4.1 with a decent chassis not the kit one!
Old 26-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad-Wolfie View Post
the TC02C & the X2c are 99% EXACTLY the same car.. the only difference is the importers / distributors, the cars & parts are interchangeable between the 2 brands.
The other 1% being the uprated Polyamide idlers/Polyamarid spur gear you get on the TC02C & not on the X2C.

http://www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com/