Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 14-03-2013

Send a message via Yahoo to Randy p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason B View Post
Hi - I have an RS Pro speedo which I am very pleased with but can someone explain why it goes backwards if I turn my transmitter off first after a race. It isn't a big issue but I wondered if the reverse can be switched off.

Cheers

Jason
Sounds like you have a reverse motor type chosen. And your radio systems "fail safe" is programmed with a bit of reverse/brake input.

You can change both or just your radio fail safe setting.
Old 16-03-2013

Randy,

Thanks very much for that, presumably it will be ok if I just change the radio; as far as I know other than servo reverse selection the radio and the speedo have standard settings.

Cheers

Jason
Old 16-03-2013
Spends too long on oOple ...

If your on 2.4ghz, you may need to rebind radio to receiver, or read up on how to set the fail safe.
Old 16-03-2013

Hi, my RS died last night it has served me well for 4 years but no longer lives.

Power is being passed through it to the receiver allowing the servo and PT to work but the RS itself has no lights showing, no signs of life and wont connect to the laptop either (no flickering light when connected to the hotwire).

What are the chances of getting it repaired, either through RC Disco or an independant? any suggestions?
Old 16-03-2013

Default wanted looking for 150A

please i wanted looking for esc 150A speed control thanks
Old 16-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBurgess View Post
Hi, my RS died last night it has served me well for 4 years but no longer lives.

Power is being passed through it to the receiver allowing the servo and PT to work but the RS itself has no lights showing, no signs of life and wont connect to the laptop either (no flickering light when connected to the hotwire).

What are the chances of getting it repaired, either through RC Disco or an independant? any suggestions?
Only thing to do is email them.
Old 16-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy p View Post
Sounds like you have a reverse motor type chosen. And your radio systems "fail safe" is programmed with a bit of reverse/brake input.

You can change both or just your radio fail safe setting.
yes both off the transmitter swtich off will failsafe car wont run off to stop u can pick up car turn off the engine yourself... if withOUT failsafe car will run off some where will damade car (crash)....
Old 18-03-2013

Simply contact the service team at Tekin USA or Tekin Europe and they'll provide you with the info you need to get your RS serviced or replaced as needed.
Old 20-03-2013

Hi guys, hope someone can help here. I have posted on the Durango thread but thought i'd also pose this here as maybe another Tekin owner might shed some light.

Running a Tekin RS with a SpeedPassion V3.0 6.5t motor. Geared at 22/87t (48dp). Speedo set to Dual mode, 5 timing, profile C1 (which is identical to profile 3) current limit 40 and the motors physical timing fully retarded.

Im finding the speedo is almost at thermal. Run's fine at the start of a run but by around the 3 minutes it begins to cog as the speedo gets to hot. At points the speedo seems to freeze, then after a few seconds comes back to life.

I believe the RS can handle down to a 5.5 motor limit so ideally it should be able to handle this motor. Have I done something wrong here or set something incorrect though for it to get so hot ?

Any help would be appreciated. I do have an RSPro in my 2wd so may well swap this into the 4wd where im having this issue.

Cheers

John

Currently utilising (abusing) Durango DEX210 / KO Propo Espritt III / Tekin / LRP / SpeedPassion / Savox
Old 20-03-2013

I run a Tekin 5.5 Gen2 on a 22t in my 410 with an RS Pro and it works fine, i do add a small fan infront of the speedo to keep things nice and cool but only really need that in the warm summer months. Are you running indoors or outdoors ?? Have you tried a different motor ?? Im not sure if the SP's draw more current etc. My speedo is running dual mode, 60 timming, 70 current limiter. Airflow on the 410's is quite important as there isnt a lot of space under the shell so try and get some air passing over the solder posts on the speedo. To be close to thermal at 3/4 mins is not normal.
Old 20-03-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo90 View Post
Hi guys, hope someone can help here. I have posted on the Durango thread but thought i'd also pose this here as maybe another Tekin owner might shed some light.

Running a Tekin RS with a SpeedPassion V3.0 6.5t motor. Geared at 22/87t (48dp). Speedo set to Dual mode, 5 timing, profile C1 (which is identical to profile 3) current limit 40 and the motors physical timing fully retarded.

Im finding the speedo is almost at thermal. Run's fine at the start of a run but by around the 3 minutes it begins to cog as the speedo gets to hot. At points the speedo seems to freeze, then after a few seconds comes back to life.

I believe the RS can handle down to a 5.5 motor limit so ideally it should be able to handle this motor. Have I done something wrong here or set something incorrect though for it to get so hot ?

Any help would be appreciated. I do have an RSPro in my 2wd so may well swap this into the 4wd where im having this issue.

Cheers

John
It is rated down to a 5.5, but with all that current limit on a high current motor, the speedo is gonna be working hard to limit all that power.

It does this by basically turning on and off, thousands of times a second which is what generates the heat. I'd swap them over myself. Its almost like running on 1/3 to 1/2 throttle for 5 mins, so I'd expect it to get pretty hot. Guessing the motor is cool too?

Your best option though if you need to limit the speed so much is to put a more tame motor in there. Maybe a 10.5 would be more suitable.
Old 20-03-2013

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions regarding my RS Pro. I think a solution would be to disable reverse on the speedo. Can this only be done using the mode button (changing to brushless motor setting one) or can it also be done via the Hotwire/PC set up? Thing is I don't want to change the main settings (dual mode etc) by removing the reverse option.

Thanks very much again

Jason
Old 20-03-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason B View Post
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions regarding my RS Pro. I think a solution would be to disable reverse on the speedo. Can this only be done using the mode button (changing to brushless motor setting one) or can it also be done via the Hotwire/PC set up? Thing is I don't want to change the main settings (dual mode etc) by removing the reverse option.

Thanks very much again

Jason
it can be done on hotwire, it wont effect the temps though, i can tell you that much
Old 20-03-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:

Cheers

John
John, the RS is advertised as being for 2wd applications only. I think with all that current limit and load of the 4wd its too much. Have you tried it without the current limit? Also what capacitor bank are you running? A decent 2 or 4 cap bank like the hobbywings/speed passion ones work well and help with cooling.
I'd certainly be looking to swap it with the rs pro in your 2wd though, or running a tamer motor.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 20-03-2013

Ahhh just read that its an RS not the Pro, Yes, i would look at getting the Pro in a 4wd, the ratings on the RS are with ideal situations, 2wd, cool weather, low grip etc. RS fine in the 2wd, but get an RS Pro in the 4wd or drop to a 7.5.
Old 21-03-2013

Quote:

Cheers

John
The RS is only rated to a 7.5. You're going to need an RS Pro in 4wd.
Old 21-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy p View Post
The RS is only rated to a 7.5. You're going to need an RS Pro in 4wd.
Lucky I just read that. Tower Hobbies list it as 5T+ (brushless) and 8T+ (brushed). So can the RS handle a 7.5T without much issues or should try and save for a RS Pro?
Old 21-03-2013

4wd, always go for the Pro I always feel, then you should never have an issue.
Old 21-03-2013

Thanks Randy. Not sure why then at some point it was listed to a 5+ T limit ?

It's swapped out now though to the RSPro I have, luckilly my 2wd has a 7.5t in it

Currently utilising (abusing) Durango DEX210 / KO Propo Espritt III / Tekin / LRP / SpeedPassion / Savox
Old 27-03-2013

Just an update to one of my earlier posts regards a Tekin RS getting hot when used in 4wd. Swapped it for the RSPro, got a fan in the DEX410 also. After a 5 min run it is stone cold

Will run the RS in the 2wd frmo this point on.