Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 01-10-2013

Hi randy,
I've tried all that several times and I still get the same issues when trying to edit a profile. HotWire software is 238 but every time I've loaded it I have pop up screens arriving as described above. I've used add/remove, manually removed Hot Wire folder, cleared recycle bin, and then dowloaded from fresh and after installing for the sixth time it still does the exact same thing. C1 curve adjustment box shows up over other tabs and 'set up notes' over the set up tab every single time I click the set up tab and nothing seems to remove it.
Old 03-10-2013

Send a message via Yahoo to Randy p

Paul can you email me a screen show of what you're seeing please: Rpike@teamtekin.com
Old 03-10-2013

Hi Randy, I've sent two pictures of the relevant screen shots.

thanks, Paul
Old 04-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy p View Post
It sounds like you may have not gotten a proper install done. You need to go into the control panel, add/remove programs and uninstall the current Hotwire. Reboot the PC, go to www.teamtekin.com/hotwire.html and download the latest Hotwire software which is 238.
Paul.

this is the one option or there is something that is not nice on your computer virus/trojan.

wait for randy to get back or pm me and i can remote on to your pc and have a look m8.

either way i do not mind.

by the way, what OS and AV are you running?
Old 07-10-2013

Default Tekin RS trouble

Think this is going to be one for Randy but I will throw it open to the floor !

Have got 3 Tekin RS's all three of them are running except one has developed a strange fault.

Before anyone asks they are all set up to run 1cell Li-Po and the setup is exactly the same for all 3.

The one which is causing trouble fails to start up in the usual way when switched on and remains completely dead. It connects to the Hotwire and I am able to program it fine but just wont work on a 1cell Li-Po.

I have tried connecting it up to a 2 cell Li-Po and a 4 cell Ni-Mh pack and it works fine but refuses to work like my other two with a 1cell.

Any ideas or am I looking for a new/replacement ESC ?

Last edited by CrashBangWallop; 07-10-2013 at 05:57 PM. Reason: text addition
Old 07-10-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashBangWallop View Post

Have got 3 Tekin RS's all three of them are running except one has developed a strange fault.

Before anyone asks they are all set up to run 1cell Li-Po and the setup is exactly the same for all 3.

The one which is causing trouble fails to start up in the usual way when switched on and remains completely dead. It connects to the Hotwire and I am able to program it fine but just wont work on a 1cell Li-Po.

I have tried connecting it up to a 2 cell Li-Po and a 4 cell Ni-Mh pack and it works fine but refuses to work like my other two with a 1cell.

To me if it works fine on 2S, then I'd be looking at your 1S booster wiring.
If you aren't using a booster, then you should be. My RS works on 1S without a booster (albeit with a slow servo), but my RS pro doesn't work at all on 1S.
If you are using boosters, then swap the faulty one with one that works fine, and see if the fault moves.

Another thing to check, is the voltage cut off you have, and make sure 1S lipo mode is selected in the hotwire software. You may be hitting a higher voltage cut off limit than the 1S output can provide.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 07-10-2013

Default RS Trouble

Don't use a booster, tried a few out and did not get the same results as using a small 2 cell Li-po i.e reliability.

2cell Li-po is wired into the switch harness so ESC 'sees' 3 Cell but only uses the 1 cell for main power. The other 2 I have are wired exactly the same and work fine but its just this one causing trouble.

1 cell li-po is selected on the software settings.

Have tried substituting all the parts and the problem is definitely the ESC - it did have another problem but replacing the receiver lead sorted that.

Just wondered what my options are really as everything I have runs 1cell Li-po and this RS is the fly in the ointment.

Suppose I could sell it as it works fine on 2cell Li-po or chop it in for a GEN2 but then I would have to change the other 2 as well.
Old 08-10-2013

swop it out with a know working esc on the motor.. this will tell us if it is ESC or motor... or maybe even firmware?... have you re-flashed the esc....
Old 08-10-2013

Default Tekin RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by levontraut View Post
swop it out with a know working esc on the motor.. this will tell us if it is ESC or motor... or maybe even firmware?... have you re-flashed the esc....
Have tried another ESC and the motor works fine, I also downloaded the latest software and installed that. But it still refuses to work the same as my other two.
Old 14-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashBangWallop View Post

I believe I emailed you already but just in case:

If it's working on a 4 cell or 2s lipo something is off on the booster or rx pack. If we don't get enough power to drive the fets, it will turn on but will NOT chime NOR will it drive a motor.

Rp
Old 09-11-2013
Mad Member

Default Redline Gen2 timing

I have a redline gen2 7.5 (not rpm version) motor. The performance, compared to a redline gen1 7.5 motor, is a little lack lustre, even when tried on the same Tekin RS Pro esc.

As a rule of thumb, where should the timing on the Gen2 be set for optimal performance?

The Gen2 is very smooth, but lacks punch and top-end and generally does not perform as well as the Gen1 motor.
Old 12-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgie View Post
I have a redline gen2 7.5 (not rpm version) motor. The performance, compared to a redline gen1 7.5 motor, is a little lack lustre, even when tried on the same Tekin RS Pro esc.

As a rule of thumb, where should the timing on the Gen2 be set for optimal performance?

The Gen2 is very smooth, but lacks punch and top-end and generally does not perform as well as the Gen1 motor.
That's generally the opposite. Where did you setup your gen1?
Old 12-11-2013

Hi Randy, any news on the Hotwire software it's been 6 weeks now and I've heard nothing and I still don't have a fully working Hotwire program.
Old 13-11-2013

Paul, what do you mean you don't have a full working Hotwire?
Old 14-11-2013

Quote:
Paul, what do you mean you don't have a full working Hotwire?
I sent you details weeks ago by email and discussed it on here the software does not allow me to use all the features of the Hotwire with my RS ESC as I get pop up menu's preventing me using it. You told me you would speak with the software developers to try and solve the problems.
Old 15-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulj View Post
I sent you details weeks ago by email and discussed it on here the software does not allow me to use all the features of the Hotwire with my RS ESC as I get pop up menu's preventing me using it. You told me you would speak with the software developers to try and solve the problems.
Paul,

Please email me all of the details of your issue : Rpike@teamtekin.com
Old 16-11-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
That's generally the opposite. Where did you setup your gen1?
The Gen1 is stock, the Gen2 has been on different timing settings without noticeable performance gain or otherwise.

My particular Gen2 seems to be a slower motor overall.
Old 18-11-2013

Have you used the RS sensor checker feature to verify the sensors are working?
Old 22-11-2013

Default RS Pro overheating

Hi
I have run my RS Pro for the last 2 years with no real problems .till now...
RS Pro with a redline 6.5 in a DEX 410 .running endbell 8, TP 3,CL 75%, BS 90%,Sensored mode fwd/brk, DB off, boost 40 start 5k fin 20k.
It now overheats and cuts out after 4 1/2 mins so with 1 or 2 laps to go it just starts to cut out and will keep going if i throttle back and nurse it to the finish but by this time i have been passed by everyone, this has been happening for the last 2-3 weeks and in practice i even tried a LRP 6.5 and it lasted 5 mins just but still running very hot (80c) motor and speedo ,i also have a fan fitted pointing at the h/sinks.
Running on high grip indoor astro air temps now around 5c. no problems in the summer running with air temps of 20-30degs.
I run an RS with a 7.5 in 2wd with no problems at all .also tried turning boost to 25 and no difference in temps ??? frustrated.
Anyone any ideas. First winter c/ship round this sunday.

Last edited by kartstuffer; 22-11-2013 at 10:02 PM. Reason: text
Old 25-11-2013

Boosting a 6.5 with that much boost it should be ballistic. So you've either over heated the rotor, lost a sensor board or something has changed in the car mechanically. Bearings?

If the caps on the RS Pro have failed it can cause the esc to run hot but not cause the car to lose speed.