Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/10th OFF ROAD

View Poll Results: Which Short Circuit for beginner ?
Associated SC10 Factory 3 27.27%
Associated SC10 Factory 4x4 4 36.36%
HPI Blitz ESE 2 18.18%
Team Durango DESC10 1 9.09%
Another ? please leave a comment with suggestion 2 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21-01-2012

Smile Interested in getting some reviews on these Blitz ESE / SC10 Factory

I've currently got a Maverick Strada SC, which I seem capable of breaking almost everytime i take it out and would like to swap thats a bit more robust.

So I got chatting with some guys the other night and one advised a HPI Blitz ESE and the other Associated SC10 Factory (or 4x4)

So if it was your cash which would you get ? and why ?

I've not seen a blitz bring driven in anger only Durango DESC10 which I'd love but haven't got the cash, plus spares seems really pricey in comparision.

Taking that I'd have to start from scratch and build up which would you recommend.

I've only been driving on and off since Aug '11 so really not good but slowly getting there..slowly being extremely operative word.

I'd love Speed passion but price puts me off, clones if i can find out who they're branded as would be great. If anyone can help

Ebay Feedback http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/chrisfoster1971
Old 22-01-2012
Mad Member

Default SC, Hong Nor.

I have a hong nor, love it, 4x4, not overpriced. and i have driven it in anger and raced, area 51 was 3rd overall(2 days) and it handles great.
only thing i have broken, was a carbon body mount, rear after a hard landing doing a silly high able top, but the standard part is plastic and does not break. so IMHO it is a great SC 4x4 and very well priced....

.................................................. ..

I bought 2 used ones, as one was for spares, but to be honest i am just not breaking it, so selling the 2nd one.... as no point keeping it, there just so hard to break..............
2013 & 2014 OOPLE INVERNATIONAL
BEER RACE RUNNER UP!

FEEDBACK LINK =
Old 22-01-2012

Tartman thanks for your reply.

I have seen the hong nor driven in anger as a couple of people at the local club Mansfield do have them. The only thing that has put me off is I've setup saved searches for hong nor on ebay to try and grasp how readily available the spares are and the cars of course and they seem to rarely have parts listed.

This has kind of put me off as I'm new to RC's never mind club racing so quite likely to break something I don't want to be in a situation that i cant drive as i'm struggling for parts.

Would you say this is justified ?

Old 22-01-2012
Mad Member

Default hmmmm

Apex models can order what you need generally. I have not had any problems with parts so far!
SO, i would say EBAY is not the be all and end all for SC stuff. people should stop relying on a rip off auction site( iuse it and its great but damn expensive to sell on) and look to local model shops for spares and help......
I love the hong nor, and would only replace it if schumacher did a SC..............
BEER RACE RUNNER UP!

FEEDBACK LINK =
Old 23-01-2012

Send a message via MSN to colmo Send a message via Skype™ to colmo

The HPI Blitz ESE is well priced, but I would swap the chassis out for the black RTR one - the white one is more prone to breaking (I have read).

The RTR Blitz is nigh-on unbreakable, but the ESE comes with those lovely shocks and CVDs (I believe Macnum CVDs fit the Blitz btw).

I can't fathom why the SC10 2wds are so expensive, when the 4wd costs much the same - note the 4wd has big bore shocks, a super-beefy chassis and doesn't need a 550 motor.

Photos:
Oople Invernational 2010 - Sodden Sunday
Muchmore N. Irish GP 2010 (Touring cars)
BADMCC 1/8th Nitro buggies

Current cars:
X6^2 | JC BJ4WE | TM E4 & E4JS | HPI E-Firestorm | Losi Crawler | + many F1s, super crawlers, scalers, drifters in the works...
Old 23-01-2012
Mad Member

Hi Chris, don't forget to check out the Ansmann X2SC. Thats what I have been racing and it's great piece of kit. I raced it at bridgford not last friday but the friday before (Was the truck in your heat which was light blue and white). I have found it to be very competitive against all the other trucks out there.

Also if your on a budget look at the Ansmann C.O.R.E truck. which is the cheaper version, a few hop ups is all that is required to make it into a good club racer.

Don't at the Ansmann SC2, it is too small and makes it difficult to get tyres for.

Anyways if you want to take a look at it I will be down West Bridgford a week on friday.

Robert Jaques, Schumacher Racing KC, K2. Team Associated SC5M

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles
Old 23-01-2012

Thanks for the replies fellas. I think it's helping although each one of you has said a different model

I must admit I'd been put of annsmann as they appeared to be more towards maverick type quality. But I'd be happy to be proved wrong. Certainly be interested in seeing yours in the flesh as it were on Friday.

Thanks again
Chris

Old 23-01-2012
Mad Member

Default We all like different things.

You will always get this sort of reply, we all like differnt ones for different reasons, like anything.
Best decide by.... can i get spares?.... is it a solid reliable truck......Does it perform well for what i want it for......... handles OK....... Looks good....

than make a choice and go for it. I did and love my Hong Nor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisfoster1971 View Post
Thanks for the replies fellas. I think it's helping although each one of you has said a different model

I must admit I'd been put of annsmann as they appeared to be more towards maverick type quality. But I'd be happy to be proved wrong. Certainly be interested in seeing yours in the flesh as it were on Friday.

Thanks again
Chris
BEER RACE RUNNER UP!

FEEDBACK LINK =
Old 23-01-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisfoster1971 View Post

Thanks again
Chris
I won't be there myself on friday, but I can send the truck down with Dave (Race control) if you want a butchers.

Dave has a massive range of Ansmann spare parts that he carries with him on a Friday night, and anything you want he can get in a couple of days so you would be well covered on that aspect.

Personally I would go for a 2wd because it would be less of an initial outlay, so I would suggest looking at the Ansmann, SC10 or HPI blitz. They are all good trucks and plenty of people run them. Plus with the right tyres the 2wd are easier to drive, especially on our carpet.

Robert Jaques, Schumacher Racing KC, K2. Team Associated SC5M

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles