Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > News

Old 14-07-2011
Administrator

Default Oswestry BRCA national report

The Oswestry BRCA 10th off road national report is now online - videos are being added as they go online. Lots of new bits of interest - 22 short conversions, some new Team Durango parts for their DEX410 cars, a look at Ansmann's top driver Stu Wood as he makes another A final with the cars and plenty more!

Check it out here: http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/2011national-oswestry/

Last edited by jimmy; 14-07-2011 at 10:52 PM.
Old 14-07-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

TOP TOP report as allways jim-bob you monster munch eating warrior
Old 14-07-2011
oOple Journalist

Thumbs up report

Great report guys...as always ...the short 22 wave is rolling strong!

Check out my trader feedback here - http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65776
Old 15-07-2011

Blooming awesome reportage team oOple!
Old 15-07-2011

and very good videos too !
Old 15-07-2011

Great report, Thanks Jimmy
Old 15-07-2011

Awesome report & videos!

Shame Jonesy appears to have wet himself for the club pic.
Old 15-07-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Amazing report Jimmy and co, what a race 4wd race 2 was!

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 15-07-2011
Administrator

The videos all seem to default to low quality and I'm not sure how to change that for the embedded stuff - but they are all filmed in 720p HD so you can select that for a better view

I think there are a couple of photos missing - I wil go fix those. The reports are getting to be a lot of work and unfortunately Kidderminster tho it's nearly complete will have to wait until after the Worlds now as I need to go clean cameras and pack stuff!
Old 15-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz_Stanton View Post
Shame Jonesy appears to have wet himself for the club pic.
Wonder who made him do that
Old 15-07-2011
Administrator

Oh I should also say thanks to Stu Evans for getting some awesome photos for the A final write ups - 2 cameras is better than one! and Ross Williams for his filming of the waxing! - I'll have to give Ross a camera at all events from now on as he's mad enough to go capture some crazy action.
Old 15-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
Oh I should also say thanks to Stu Evans for getting some awesome photos for the A final write ups - 2 cameras is better than one! and Ross Williams for his filming of the waxing! - I'll have to give Ross a camera at all events from now on as he's mad enough to go capture some crazy action.
usually because he is involved in it
Old 15-07-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

Once again, excellent report jimbo.
BUT (time to open a can of worms!), regarding the second leg. Surely if Ellis didn't trigger the loop at the end and crashed off the track and didn't rejoin (through his own decision), surely that is classed as a DNF?

Yes he crossed the line, but he was OFF THE TRACK? Therefor not ON the track thus not actually crossing the line on the track? So technically Ellis didn't finish?

How does that work then? Because normally people (lesser drivers) get penalties for going outside the track markers?

I got the first penaly of the year a nats, because in my final someone rudely punted me over a track marker whilst I was running in 3rd on the 1st lap. The marshal didn't place my car back where I crashed from, so I kindly waited for the WHOLE field to go by before rejoining in last place....only to hear that I got a 10sec penalty for track cutting. And that WASN'T my fault.

As far as I can see from the slo'mo' on the oople vid, Ellis just grip rolled on his own due to carrying too much speed. He didn't clip Lee, yet he is allowed to retain his position?..even though he didn't actually finish the race?.....not to mention, he could have hurt the marshal in the process!

I've lit the blue paper, and I'm now standing back!
Old 15-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by telboy View Post
Once again, excellent report jimbo.
BUT (time to open a can of worms!), regarding the second leg. Surely if Ellis didn't trigger the loop at the end and crashed off the track and didn't rejoin (through his own decision), surely that is classed as a DNF?

Yes he crossed the line, but he was OFF THE TRACK? Therefor not ON the track thus not actually crossing the line on the track? So technically Ellis didn't finish?

How does that work then? Because normally people (lesser drivers) get penalties for going outside the track markers?

I got the first penaly of the year a nats, because in my final someone rudely punted me over a track marker whilst I was running in 3rd on the 1st lap. The marshal didn't place my car back where I crashed from, so I kindly waited for the WHOLE field to go by before rejoining in last place....only to hear that I got a 10sec penalty for track cutting. And that WASN'T my fault.

As far as I can see from the slo'mo' on the oople vid, Ellis just grip rolled on his own due to carrying too much speed. He didn't clip Lee, yet he is allowed to retain his position?..even though he didn't actually finish the race?.....not to mention, he could have hurt the marshal in the process!

I've lit the blue paper, and I'm now standing back!
assuming you were at drivers briefing you would have heard paul worsley tell all "that providing your PT gives you a start time we will calculate a finish time providing the officials are satisfied that your car was circulating at the end of the race"

in this case Ellis had his finish time calculated because i was satisfied his car was circulating at the end of the race, paul calculates the time using a standard formula and this formula was used earlier when nathan ralls had a similar incident in qualifying, it was also used several times at kidderminster and previous nationals. ellis was treated in exactly the same way as any other driver. to suggest that i or the other officials treat you differently due to your believed status is a little disappointing.
Old 16-07-2011
oOple Advertiser

I think to bleamish what was probably the best race seen this year is wrong. They were ALL trying to throw their cars over the line to get the result - Any of us would of done the same thing.
Please be critical but constructively.
Oswestry was again a great National but the small mistake lies with putting the loop 'just' round the first corner.
And to be critical next time put it all the way round the corner so the corner must be completed on the circuit or on the straight.
Either way it was a great race that will be remembered by many and well done Oswestry for another good event.

ps - Jimmy you are getting dangerously very good with these reports - LOL - excellent mate
Old 16-07-2011
Stu-Perstar

After hearing this I should of done something in one of my finals on Saturday as I caught the piping going onto the loop and ended up inside the track and Danny passed me to finish before me and I had to go back and cross the line. If I didnt do this then I would of finished one or even two places up.
I will have to remember this one for the future.
Old 16-07-2011
Mad Member

Excellent report Jimmy.
Old 16-07-2011
Mad Member

Hi all

In terms of the loop we had a club discussion about this along with very positive feedback from Paul W and for next year (providing we are accepted and we apply of course) we will be looking at loop placement.

As Paul said to us there is always a danger with having the loop on a faster part of the track, places such as Kiddy (running into the bushes) or Tally (up the hill) are not oblivious to this issue, we do have the luxury of being able to change ours though!

Thanks for the feedback, please keep it coming and Jimmy great report as always dude
Old 16-07-2011
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
Thanks for the feedback, please keep it coming and Jimmy great report as always dude
Just to clarify, my comments are meant as constructive and nothing else - Please do not thing or assume anything different.
The Oswestry crew have done a great .....
There is always someone, somewhere with something to say - LOL