Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Batley Buggy Club

Old 23-11-2010

Default Indoor Venue - need your feedback!

I have met with the manager at Whitcliffe Mount Sports Centre and there are 2 halls (each one is about the same size as we had at Batley).

As you go through the door to the hall there are a few steps to a balcony which overlook the hall (about the same height as from the outdoor rostrum) which could even be used as a rostrum if thought suitable which would save time setting up and putting away.

The floor surface is the same as at Batley in one of the halls but has more grip in the other hall - the one that I would suggest we use.

The container would be sited outside the fire doors to the hall and this is on concrete (not mud and grass as was at Batley). Car parking is double what was at Batley.

The only time available for the next few months that would be suitable for the Club is 1 pm onwards on a Sunday so I would suggest 1 pm - 6 pm. If we then decided that we wanted to race earlier we could then get our booking in first and start at an earlier time next season. We could also ring at short notice to go indoors if the weather is poor for our outdoor meetings as the halls are not used very much on a Sunday in the summer months.

We obviously need to look at making some jumps etc and track markings but I think it is an ideal venue. If ever we wanted to run a bigger meeting ie Supercup we could open the doors between the 2 halls and use both.

I was asked at the weekend whether or not we would continue to run the series at Chadderton and this would be a definite yes if this series goes well and remains popular.

We would look at running club meetings on a weekly basis with the exception of when we are at Chadderton.

I would appreciate some feedback as to how many would attend if we were to run weekly from 9 January 2011 at 1pm till 6pm for the remainder of the indoor series as we will need to start organising things and book the hall.

Dianne
Old 23-11-2010
Admin

Excellent news I personally think that if the balcony offers a good view of the track, that is a big plus, because the rostrum is the largest thing to set up and pack away at meetings.

With this new hall being close to the outdoor track, I think that the local club members would be more inclined to attend, rather than face a 40 min drive as is necessary to our current venue.
Old 23-11-2010

Default --

i am with john, i wouldn't make all the meetings but would welcome an indoor winter venue with open arms, keep us posted dianne
Old 23-11-2010

This is great news! I would defo attend as many meetings as possible, its only 10 mins from my house .

Batley has always had a strong following of club racers so im sure with regular meetings the numbers would be quite high. This is also excellent news for attracting young drivers to our hobby. Theres too many big events now which can put people off, so having a club which is more laid back gives youngsters a place where they can learn before moving on to bigger meetings.

Really hope this goes ahead

Craig
Old 23-11-2010

Send a message via MSN to super sparks Send a message via Skype™ to super sparks

Count me in Dianne, Clare has said she will give you a hand if she is not racing.................... stuart

lrp - novak - spektrum 2.4 ghz
KYOSHO ZX-5 SP x2
KYOSHO RB-5 sp + sp2
KYOSHO INFERNO NEO

BATLEY BUGGY CLUB
Old 23-11-2010

Default indoor

yes put my name down too sounds like it could be a great meeting
Old 23-11-2010

Great news, just what the club needs. Totally agree with Craig on needing a local club venue for the youngsters to get started and build confidence.I do have a couple of contacts in the fire service,with regards to hose for the track markings.Have asked already and will keep you posted on any news Dianne.
Old 23-11-2010

I'll be there at as many as I possibly can do.
Old 23-11-2010

Sounds good.
Old 23-11-2010

Send a message via Skype™ to AndyG

Great news - will obviously race there as often as I can !!
Old 23-11-2010

jack and james would be racing good news
Old 23-11-2010

I have also been in touch with Fire Service HQ and they have asked me to put a request in writing. They had some a couple of weeks ago but said that they get some into stores from the various stations on a regular basis - they do sell the hosing on but also respond to requests for donations if it is thought to be an apprppriate cause - so hopefully they will view the request favourably.

Dianne
Old 24-11-2010

excellent news count me in dianne
Old 25-11-2010

Yep this is brilliant news Di and should be well received by many. Keep us informed.

Mike P.
Old 28-11-2010

Do we have any dates for these meetings. I'll be able to come over next weekend if it's sorted by then.
Old 28-11-2010
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianneH View Post
I would appreciate some feedback as to how many would attend if we were to run weekly from 9 January 2011 at 1pm till 6pm for the remainder of the indoor series as we will need to start organising things and book the hall.

Dianne
Its in the first post
Old 29-11-2010

Great stuff, just what the club needs, will defo attend!
Old 07-12-2010

count me in