Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > North West

Old 07-07-2008

Default Bury, no interest in club racing ?

I went to Bury yesterday, to race.

Ive been to two regionals ~70 cars, great.

Ive been to three club meets this year, two times I WAS THE ONLY CAR THERE.

Yesterday, THERE WAS ONE OTHER CAR THERE.

The race calendar is on the website, just wondering why it is so poorly attended.

This is only my first year racing, so Im keen and badly need the practice but its a bit disappointing to travel there only to find no one else has shown up.

I think its fair to say Roger is a bit peeved too.

Dont want to sound like Im shouting the odds, Im new to racing and the club, is there anything that can be done to improve the current situation ?

What is the average club meet turnout at Southport ?
Old 08-07-2008

Send a message via MSN to mx0range

i say we start a riot! is it really that quiet? sounds perfect for me & my 1st race if theres only 2 or 3 cars..
Old 08-07-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Poor turn out could have something to do with the Belgium GP and the Euro's in italy being on!
Old 08-07-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

There was 17 at southport on sunday according to the results on there site.
Old 08-07-2008
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

Belgium GP was on, the euros is on at the same time, and southport the same day,if you look on here or ask were everyones going this weekend you'll be able to see the hot place to go,
Old 08-07-2008

I knew about the Euro's and the Belgian GP, I just didnt realise that it would mean no turn out. Bury and Southport usualy have a club meet on the same day, as was the case this weekend.

The other meets I went where no one else turned up there was always a 'reason', a national taking palce, a regional coming up so go there to practice, a national coming so dont want to wreck the car the week before. Basically there is always going to be something going on elsewhere which leaves poor Bury with no attendance until a regional then, bam, 70 cars.

Hope this doesnt sounds like Im whining, if this is how it is then I will have to accept it !

Southport is double the distance / time / cost for me to get to and I would like to support my local club.
Old 08-07-2008
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

and theres nothing wrong with supporting your local club, but unfortunately these days traveling is the only way to enjoy racing with lots of others, seems to be the way it is I'm afraid,
Old 08-07-2008
Super Moderator

I don't want to come accross as harsh or even p**s anyone off here, but is Bury actually trying to get new members? E.G. new people into the sport?

G
Old 08-07-2008
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northy View Post
I don't want to come accross as harsh or even p**s anyone off here, but is Bury actually trying to get new members? E.G. new people into the sport?

G
i agree with that G.
we can't realy on the people that are racing now we need to get out and find new blood.

check out the thread in the northeast section about jarrow and what we are doing.
Old 08-07-2008

And yet i though off road was the getting BIG this reminds me when i was at halifax i was the only electric racer there i won 2 gold medals at the club i jsut hope we get alot more racer turning up
Old 08-07-2008

Send a message via ICQ to Scouser

That's really sad to hear, Bury made alot of improvements to the track for this season and it seems nobody is racing there to appreciate it. It makes you realise how lucky we are at Southport. A club day with no points at stake in any class usually gets between 30-40 drivers, this can rise to 80 drivers for a regioanl event.
I hope things pick up over at Bury, I am sure there will be a point where Roger and ther rest of the committee have had enough and call time.
I am looking forward to racing there in a few weeks (regional), hopefully there is a good turnout then.
Old 16-07-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Has to club closed down? The website has been taken down and replaced with a 'closed' message
Old 16-07-2008

I really like the bury track and wanted to make the effort to attend and race
Old 16-07-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Lowe View Post
Has to club closed down? The website has been taken down and replaced with a 'closed' message
Try this link, I think the address that now shows 'closed' was from an old ISP that they moved from.

http://www.bmrcc.talktalk.net/
Old 20-07-2008

This is a dual posting from the link below which is identical, but I thought it worth putting in here to.

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthre...?t=9302&page=3

Today there were between 15 and 20 people wanting to race, all of whom turned up to Bury and most of whom are Southport regulars (go figure!!).

As this was advertised as a CLUB DAY on the website calendar it should have been running, but no one turned up to run the thing, so we all ended up bashing around the track for a few hours. What gives?

Enjoyable as this was, it is pretty much a disgrace that no one came to run it, especially when Bury moan that no one ever turns up and especially as the organisers live very close by. I don't know if I will make the trip next time - would you?

There seems to be a collective effort brewing (albeit seemingly not from your own club members) to support Bury because folk like to race there and it keeps the North West scene alive, but with this sort of attitude I expect the future of Bury is bleak - this is a terrible shame.

The mind boggles.