Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround

Old 27-08-2009

Default 'that' user.....

I don't want to be a left wing PC dweeb, but there's something going on here that needs to be nipped in the bud I think.

I'll put my hands up and say that I've been guilty of contributing negatively in a few of the threads.... until it dawned on me that arguing / baiting / trolling this particular forum user for comedy value just isn't cool or funny.

it's borederline distasteful, and almost certainly constitutes a mild form of bullying

the person in question may possibly have some 'issues' which put them at a disadvantage. so trying to score points off this person in threads is bad sport.

an argument is only truly amusing if the participants are all on the same level (IMO).

I can understand the frustration over some of the nonsense posted & multiple threads, but if it really annoys, you don't have to read it!

we all need to be aware of how our posts come across, as generally speaking, once it's 'out there' it can be difficult to retract (been there, bought the t-shirt).

can't we all just get along?

Old 27-08-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Well put. It was funny at first but now its just boring. The man is just trying to ask advice but every post of his is getting hijacked by someone who should know better, to the point they have been asked to take it somewhere else.
Old 27-08-2009
Administrator

Totally agree.
Old 27-08-2009

The guy is OK. Ive met him on a few occasions and he is fine to talk to. He is genuine in his questions, he is reliant on us for our advice and help... If he finds it hard to spell and punctuate, so what, were all different. Its time to give it a rest.
Old 27-08-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Agree'd.

Personally ive taken some stick over the years and its not nice especially when someone is nasty to you about something you cant do much about.

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 27-08-2009
oOple Contributor

Send a message via MSN to rcracer

Agreed and its been going on for a while to other members who dont seem to post anymore after been "bullied" if you want to put it that way and I for one are bored and just pissed off with it everytime i log on and get reported posts about abuse on there threads, give it a break and grow up before you put off anymore members from posting or joining the forum..

Rant over sorry Jimmy...
Old 27-08-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Yeah have to admit I contributed to one such thread to my shame but agree with you, and it is bang out of order!