Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Mid EAST

Old 17-11-2009

Default Mid East AGM

Hi ALL.

Given that Jim Balls is standing down as our rep after three good years in charge I thought it best to throw the issue of electing a new rep open to all interested parties (having a BRCA membership). Accordingly a Regional AGM has been arranged at short notice for Saturday 28th November from 10am to 12 noon at Christchurch, St Peters Hill, Castlegate, GRANTHAM, NG31 6TA (hired room).

All Mid East BRCA members are welcome to attend and I am hoping Jim can make it to hand over formally to the new Regional rep.

The agenda for the meeting will be roughly as follows:
1. Introductions and outline of Regional Reps role.
2. Nominations for the Regional Rep post.
3. Election of new Regional rep.
4. Proposal to run nominated tyres for 2010 Regional Series.
5. Proposal to run 3 legged "A" Finals at all Regionals in 2010.
6. Any other business.

I hope members from all clubs in the region can support this centrally located meeting as it is important to the future and ongoing development of the MID EAST REGION which has seen such a positive return to 1/10th Off-Road racing over the last two highly successful years.

I will be on hand to officiate/help/clarify the meeting process to the best of my ability.
Regards
Charlie Fraser
Sec. BRCA 1/10th Off-Road Section.
Old 17-11-2009
Mad Member

Good idea charlie! Am liking the 3 legged A Finals!
Old 17-11-2009

More go's for you to knock me and robbo off?
Old 17-11-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes View Post
More go's for you to knock me and robbo off?
exactly! Ill have lots of times this weekend aswell!!
Old 18-11-2009

Default 3 legged a finals?????????

From a race directors point of view, 3 legged a finals are not easy (may be not even possible?) with RC timing. It would definitely create a lot of work for the race director on the day, running rc timing. Can't comment on BBK as we don't run it. Would the region care to buy BBK and provide race directors etc for each round?

Just my thoughts as someone who may be left to sort them out on the day!!

Alan
Old 18-11-2009

Hi Alan.

I could never claim to be an authority on timing systems but other regions eg MID WEST always run 3 leg A's with all sorts of different systems. I will seek advice from someone.
Regards.
Old 18-11-2009

I have emailed the author of RC timing to see if it is possible or not. I have had a good look, and can't find any way of doing 3 legged a finals but I have often been proved wrong!. Perhaps there is a free program that can do this? It would be nice to know what solutions the mid west clubs use, just out of curiosity if nothing else!

Alan
Old 18-11-2009
Mad Member

Alan is right you can't do three legged A finals on rc-timing, it is not possible on the 2006 version anyways, might be on the new version but I doubt it. Only way round it would be to have two copies of rc-timing open and filter out the a finalists from the main meeting me thinks, hassle lol.

Would it not be the case that the A finalists would struggle to get charged in time to? It's ok when you have a big attendance but if it's a bit drizzly and people (like danny won't turn up because it is a bit damp) don't turn up attendance is lower resulting in less time between finals. I would love to do three leg Finals though

Robert Jaques, Schumacher Racing KC, K2. Team Associated SC5M

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles
Old 18-11-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

3 leg finals used to be very good, I always thought so anyway, when we used to run them in East Anglia. Not ideal if the timing software won't support though, although that does seem like a serious oversight from their point of view. I think BBK has been able to do this for say the last 15 years at least that I know of!! oh well.
Old 18-11-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiejuk View Post
It's ok when you have a big attendance but if it's a bit drizzly and people (like danny won't turn up because it is a bit damp) don't turn up attendance is lower resulting in less time between finals. I would love to do three leg Finals though
you bugger!
Old 18-11-2009

Default 3 leg finals

of course rc timing would support 3 leg finals for all
and so would i

Old 18-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottmboy View Post
of course rc timing would support 3 leg finals for all

and so would i
Good idea Andy, i'll second that. Although 2 from 4 rounds of qualifying is essential for regionals so it may be a push to fit it in. Possible maybe if there is no practice, straight in at round 1 nice and early
Old 18-11-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSharpy View Post
Good idea Andy, i'll second that. Although 2 from 4 rounds of qualifying is essential for regionals so it may be a push to fit it in. Possible maybe if there is no practice, straight in at round 1 nice and early
straight in at round 1!!!! nice and early!!! what are you talking about! youve lost your marbles kid! there may still be some dew on the grass and get my car dirty!!!
Old 18-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbizzle5 View Post
straight in at round 1!!!! nice and early!!! what are you talking about! youve lost your marbles kid! there may still be some dew on the grass and get my car dirty!!!
Don't forget you have that little pink brush in your pit box to wipe your car clean. GAY BOY
Old 19-11-2009

A typical regional day timetable assuming up to 80 drivers should follow the following patern more or less:

Booking in and free practice up until 0945
Drivers Brief - 0945
Round 1 start - 1000
Round 2 start - 1100
Round 3 start - 1200
Round 4 start - 1300
First A final start - 1440
H - E finals start - 1450
Second A final start - 1525
D - B finals start - 1535
Third A final start - 1605
Meeting closed - 1620.

I believe it only gets difficult when more than 8 heats per hour is necessary. Is the regional asperation to exceed 80 drivers at each event in 2010 - great if it is?
Old 19-11-2009

What about having 4 qualifying rounds and 2 finals for all and only having one round of practice.

Then, you could count each final as a seperate result and have 5 from 8 count for the championship. Seems a lot fairer that all drivers get more track time and not just the A finalists. It also meens that A finalists won't have to race, marshall have 5-10 mins car maintenance time and then race again. Rather rushed I feel?

Alan
Old 19-11-2009

I must say i agree with Alan on this one i think four or even three qualifiers is ample then have multi leg finals for everyone then the software problem does not become an issue.That is if you are going to change it but also with the great attendance on this years regional i think the most popular, by far if it aint broke don't fix it comes to mind.
If you are going to change the program then make it fair we all pay the same money and it must be multi finals for all not just the best drivers
but we will be at the AGM so these points can be discussed further
Thanks Darran
Old 19-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
What about having 4 qualifying rounds and 2 finals for all and only having one round of practice.

Then, you could count each final as a seperate result and have 5 from 8 count for the championship. Seems a lot fairer that all drivers get more track time and not just the A finalists. It also meens that A finalists won't have to race, marshall have 5-10 mins car maintenance time and then race again. Rather rushed I feel?

Alan
Sounds intresting Al, is that touring car stylie? I've always been a fan of having points for qualifying though, think it means more than finals, could have 9 from 12

Also another one to throw in the mix is the possibility of having 5 rounds in the championship............ I'd extend the hall hire Charlie
Old 19-11-2009

Send a message via MSN to Garry

I know its not part of the region in terms of being a BRCA class, but is it possible to discuss putting on one heat for short course trucks? I know they could be hosted outside of that day's main class (like 2wd buggies on a 4wd day), but I don't know of many organised series allowing them outdoors so Mid East could be a trailblazer. And I'm aware some turned up at the end of 09.

Just the one heat (max of 15 cars to keep things....erm...scale). Same rules as per WB's Winter Series (SCT tyres, 10.5/19t motor limit).

Old 19-11-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

2 Finals has to be the worst surely? Maybe it's just me!! I'm not a fan

It's an option though. One thing I will say, when it was run in touring car, I don't think it was great. It's not "easy" to say who actually won the meeting. It may seem obvious, but i seem to remember it not working out quite like that.

I'm firmly in the 3 leg A finals camp (if it isn't obvious!). Yes it's elitist, yes it's not fair on everyone over the amount of track time everyone gets, but I think it makes making an A final that little bit more special. That's what I used to think before I'd made A's, something to aim at. Nationals have been that way since I first did them (a long long time ago!).

Shame I can't be there to vote, i'm not in the country that weekend!