Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/18th & Micro stuff

Old 21-10-2010

Default newbie

Hi guys and girls been doing rc for a few years now but 1/8 nitro and thinking of changing to to 1/18 leccy and getting a LRP shark but i know nothing about Leccy or this car and was after advice on what i need in way of servo, speed con and motor etc etc and i have also heard people run a LWB kit for this as well i am after mid range stuff as i dont want to spend a fortune but dont want to be at the left at the back either (my driving will take care of that)

Thanks Glen
Old 21-10-2010

Default Sharks!

Hi Glen,
the Shark is a good starting point as it's probably the most competitive car at national level (until the Carisma GT14B becomes available). The long wheelbase chassis is not an essential upgrade but it does make the car more stable at speed at the slight expense of not turning as quickly, especially on tighter circuits. At nationals the car is now classed as 1/16th scale to give some of the less race orientated cars a chance in 1/18th scale.

Electrics wise, I use a Novak Mongoose esc with Novak 10.5 turn motor. This is plenty quick enough and small enough to fir comfortably within the car. Gearing wise, you would want to fit a larger spur (49t) and a pinion of around 10/11t to stop it getting too hot.

Servo wise, I use a low profile futaba but many people use micro servos. A standard 1/10th servo will fit but you have to remove the mounting ears.

Take a look at the forum on www.uk-microrc.co.uk as there's a section dedicated to the Shark. Try rcmodel imports for the chassis kit and top deck/body/shock towers made by Frogger.

Good luck, they're great fun. Hope to see you at some of the national rounds
Old 21-10-2010

Send a message via MSN to JonMack Send a message via Skype™ to JonMack

I've sent you a message about the car I have for sale. It's RTR except body shell, batteries and radio gear. Was built on a LRP Shark Factory Team but has had a LWB chassis fitted and frogger towers/top deck. I had two cars running simultaneously and this was my number 2 car which was setup for drifting, so has only been used 6 times since I bought it. Drop me a reply to the PM and we can talk