Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bedfordshire RC Model Car Club

Old 27-01-2010

Thumbs up Growth of club causes extension to race evenings

Due to the success of our club we have some great news.

As some of you will know from last Friday, we've more than doubled our membership already in the first 3 weeks of 2010. This is fantastic news for our club

However, we have now taken the decision to extend our race evenings at the Bromham Hall by 30mins so we now run from 7.00pm through to 10.30pm. This will make the scheduling of the racing on the night a little more calm than last week and hopefully provide everyone the time to enjoy the evening more.

A huge thank you to you all. It's your club and you're the ones making it a great club which is attracting all the interest and new drivers, I just can't wait to see what happens if we get the go ahead on the off-road track

Happy racing and see you all this Friday for Round 2 - Let the battle commence
Old 31-01-2010

I hope you'll all agree that the extension made for a more enjoyable evening on Friday. This week I shall be reducing the gap between races from 3mins to 2.5mins - I'm doing this as more often than not I was starting the race ahead of time.
Old 31-01-2010
Mad Member

3 minutes between races?

I run my club now at 70 seconds between races, with the option of pausing the countdown if there is a problem.

It means everyone is ready to plug in, fit the body and turn their cars on when the previous race is finished and even at 70 seconds I end up starting races early.
Old 31-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry.sc View Post
3 minutes between races?

I run my club now at 70 seconds between races, with the option of pausing the countdown if there is a problem.

It means everyone is ready to plug in, fit the body and turn their cars on when the previous race is finished and even at 70 seconds I end up starting races early.
I appreciate that some clubs run heats closer together, I would run closer myself but you have to understand a large number of our members are very new to racing RC cars and unlike myself who's being doing it for over 30 years now, we want to encourage everyone to have an enjoyable evening.

We ran 60 sec intervals last week but it was just too fast for some. In time we can start to reduce the intervals but at the moment I think we've reached a happy medium.

As I mentioned above, on Friday we were starting each heat well before the 3mins which is why this week I shall be running 2.5min intervals. If we still find that we are starting a lot sooner then we'll reduce to 2mins. I think that's the optimum I'm looking for in the long term.

I'd prefer not to be stopping the computer as it's unfair for those who are well prepared. If all drivers are ready to roll then we can always advance the computer which I'm more than happy to do.

So long as you are open and honest with everyone about the rules then it puts the responsibility firmly on the driver to be ready to race.