Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 14-03-2015

Default Car cutting out but still on???

Hope someone may be able to help.

Last night racing I had a problem where in each heat the car would cut out about two thirds through the heat. The esc lights still on. Transponder still flashing and if you pushed the front wheels you could hear resistance on the servo. But no drive or steering.

Nothing was loose and if you turned off the car and back on again. All ok.

The only thing I have changed since the last race is the motor!! Would this be the cause of the problem??

I did add a fan to the esc thinking it could be a heat thing but made no difference. I was running a 5.5t last time with no issues was just too fast.

Motor x12 lrp 7.5t
Esc Novak havoc pro
Servo savox full size.
Old 14-03-2015

Hi have you changed the link wire from esc to receiver ? I had the same problems even bought new radio gear turned out was the link wire changed it n no more problems . Hope it helps .
Old 14-03-2015

Not as yet. Did check all the connections last night and seemed to make no difference. Couldn't see any damage to the connector. But will have a further inspection thanks. Hope to be able to do some garden testing later.
Old 14-03-2015

Fairly obvious I know, but try the previous motor again.! If it is ok, that will narrow it down to a motor , sensor lead problem...
Old 14-03-2015
Mad Member

I saw this once on a car that had the thermal cut out on ESC set too low. At the end of the straight each lap the car would cut out and needed to be switched off and on to reset. Changing the thermal cut out solved it

Yokomo YZ-2

No 4WD because nothing lives up to my original Optima. Until now maybe?...
Old 14-03-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Could be thermal cut out on motor, or you are hitting the esc low voltage cut out, indicative of a tired/high resistance battery pack. Did you try more than one battery?
Check esc low voltage cut out and temp or motor temp cut out settings (if it has them). disable, (or lower cut off voktage) and see if it does the same in a race. besure not to run the pack down flat if disabled.
check motor and esc temp with a temp gun when it cuts out to see if its excessive.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 14-03-2015

If you got no steering sounds like a receiver problem, I had similar and it was a loose connection in receiver.
Old 14-03-2015

Thanks for the input.

I have given it a run in the garden to try and replicate the fault with no luck so will have to wait for next week. The fault seemed to develop around the same time in each race that makes me think was temp related.

I will put another motor in for the next race and see what happens. At least that is a place to start for fault finding. Have enough other bits to work through the other suggestions.

Unfortunately the esc does not have an adjustable temp for it or the motor. But did not seem to come off excess hot.
Old 14-03-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedders View Post
Thanks for the input.

I have given it a run in the garden to try and replicate the fault with no luck so will have to wait for next week. The fault seemed to develop around the same time in each race that makes me think was temp related.

I will put another motor in for the next race and see what happens. At least that is a place to start for fault finding. Have enough other bits to work through the other suggestions.

Unfortunately the esc does not have an adjustable temp for it or the motor. But did not seem to come off excess hot.
I suspect it's a duff battery and you are hitting the low voltage cut off.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 15-03-2015

Is happening with different batts at around the same time so think these are ok.