Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 01-05-2008

Default ....

Old 01-05-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I've been using the muchmore CTX for about 18 months with no problems, on the rare occasion there has been a problem with one at are club the backup from muchmore has been
Old 01-05-2008

Default ....

Old 01-05-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-JT View Post
Cheers, do they do the new Lipo compatible CTX in MRE blue as it would nicely match my 415MRE
you tart check the muchmore website. I'm using the original CTX so i don't know if they have upgraded the spec or not.
Old 01-05-2008

For Lipo charging go for the silent charger.

I have a fairly new CTX and only goes up to 1A in lipo mode.
Old 01-05-2008
Spends too long on oOple ...

Ive been using the orion advantage lipo version for 2 years now ive never had a problem with it the only problem i had was when i was pitting outside at kiddy and we had a sudden downpoor while i was racing which meant it got very wet and it did die but it was a simple fix. but under normal charging cercumstances its been fine.

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 02-05-2008

Send a message via MSN to rcluke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-JT View Post
I've just sold my old charger, a ProPeak Prodigy 2, so am in the market for a new one but with so much choice am undecided what to go for. The ProPeak was a good charger but a bit prone to false peaking.

The ProPeak charged LiPos and NiMh which is a feature I'll be needing again as well as being small in size which while not essential is handy. I also sold my ProPeak power supply so will need a new PSU unless I buy a charger with one built in.

So far I'm liking the look of the Orion Advantage, MuchMore CTX, MuchMore Silent charger which I think is the quiet version of the CTX with a lower max charge rate. Also I've seen quite a few chargers based around the Bantam IP6 but I've no idea how good these are.

Any experience or recommendations anyone. I'm after something decent but not Sprintec level prices
LRP Pulsar 3, well worth the money !!!

Tamiya TT-01E

Quite a rare discontinued hard to get hold of NIB Tamiya TB-01
Old 08-05-2008

I have also needed to replace my charger. Original Pulsar started overcooking my cells even on a 3mV delta peak. Pretty good for 5 years old tho.

For value for money, I got a Duratrax ICE (Stay away from the Checkpoint version, although better specced it goes poof when discharger is used according to many users at RCtech).

I have set profiles for part charging my cells for storage, which I think is quite handy. Also motor run in. It has a 10 amp discharger, but I like it a lot more than many as it gives you a resistance measurement as well. Although it won't give you a truer race time estimate (like a 30amp discharger), you can use the discharger/cycler to compare your packs in terms of voltage, runtime and resistance.

I also have the temp sensor on the way, which you need for Lipo. I can't comment for lipo, but I know it will do 1C (so 4.4A on a 4400mah Lipo I believe), and then switches to constant voltage charging at a certain point.

Only negatives are no backlight (if you race in the dark lol), and when the power is unplugged it just switches off and resets.

Good value at $120 USD or thereabouts.
Old 08-05-2008

P.s. I bought second hand in my own country (not UK). Don't know what supply is like of these chargers in UK, so provided price as comparison only..

Please don't hit me patriots if you can't get 'em there! lol..