Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 07-01-2014
Spends too long on oOple ...

Default OrangeRC DSM2 + Futaba

I was looking at getting the Futaba Module so I can get the micro orangeRx receivers, anyone used the module in a 3VC?
Old 07-01-2014

If I remember correctly the tx module is land and the rx is air, hence they do not talk to each other. At least that is whtaI have read in the forums. That is why I am using the FrySky option.
Old 08-01-2014

Darn it, I am get conflicting news, HobbyKing say it WILL work, others say it won't, not sure whether to order it or cut my losses and order more DSM Spektrum receivers!
Old 08-01-2014
Mad Member

all is not lost DC

I have a hobby king orange module in my FF9 air set if its the same fitting in the back of the 3VC just use the orange 4 channel dsm 2 rx and their tiny, range should not be an issue I fly my small models further away than I ever would drive an rc car

ill send you my orange module and an rx to try if you want save you laying out any dosh

it worth looking into

chees dave
Old 08-01-2014

The Orange GR300 receivers are brilliant in cars....I use them with a Spektrum DX2s transmitter...they are same size as Spektrum 3500 micro recvr and in my experience , work better...a fraction of the price as well..
Old 17-01-2014

Well, the Futaba module came today, and so far I haven't been able to get it to bind to the GR300 receivers... grrr
Old 17-01-2014

That is what I was afraid for. I thought there is a difference between latencies. I would try to switch the latency on the module and then see if the rx is binding. But I am afraid since it is an air module and a ground rx they will not bind.
Old 17-01-2014

You can only change ID not latency on the module...... little miffed as HK said they were compatible, ho hum!!
Old 18-01-2014
Mad Member

dcm

go back to the Hk website try the 6 channel or 4 channel air rx they still cheap and small or ill send one down for you to try

fid