Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Hot Bodies / HPI

Old 09-02-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post

If its a BJ4WE you want, buy one.. They look better, they are original and the guys who make them are awesome
With all due respect to JConcepts who indeed make a great buggy and yourself (im not flaming, just airing an opinion ), where in your statement do you mention how well the BJ4WE drives. Look at the real world where we have the Jaguar X type. This apitamy of british engineering is using a Ford Mondeo chassis (not that there's anything wrong with the Mondeo)
And look at the B4 and XXX CR both 2WD buggies that, although not identical, have very similar layouts.

If its a good design, why not make a variation of it. Afterall, when a D4 crosses the finish line infront of a BJ4WE, which it obviously will at some point given the law of averages, are you gonna say the BJ4WE has had its day.

Just my 10 penneth's worth.
Old 09-02-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

It's the same with F1 - To the untrained average person the entire grid of F1 cars probably looks identical but with different colours, yet one will be 3-5 seconds a lap faster then another, so tiny differences = big differences on track.

You could also argue that the Cat 3000 was the first with this layout, and actually the Losi XX4 was the first 4wd competitive car to have a motor anywhere near the front of the car, this was a massive difference to previous 4wd off road cars but is almost the norm now!

Things change and improve all the time as the years go by, it's called Evolution

We're at the stage where these cars are all so good now, it's only small changes that are being made to gain every last 1/10th of a second. If you look at for instance the first Losi JRX, then the XX, XXCR, then the XXX, BK2, CR - They're fundamentally the same "design / layout" but with Geometry and slight weight distribution changes over the years hence Evolving into the current XXXCR that people are running today.
Old 09-02-2007
LeeOtard

nicks spot on....

even moving the cells mm's in different places will massively alter the cars handle. i feel. so theres no end to the amount of stuff they can do. but it will also 'look' like a BJ4 with that layout, but may not go like one....i.e, Academy??
Old 09-02-2007

Send a message via AIM to Adam Skelding Send a message via MSN to Adam Skelding Send a message via Yahoo to Adam Skelding Send a message via Skype™ to Adam Skelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad Garner View Post
I have a stack of D4 bodies…Muhahaha
Hook me up then Mr B to V.....
Or the slice of bread gets it!!!!!
And you get no more Kit Kat Chunkies

Powered by OptiPower

Do, or do not, there is no try!
Old 10-02-2007

Send a message via AIM to Andy Moore

I constantly see the argument that this layout requires the buggy to look similar....but why do the parts appear almost identical. The front arms, caster blocks, c-hubs, center slipper assembly, etc all seem to be blatant copies, not Hot Bodies spin on this particular layout.

| Kyosho America | kyoshoamerica.com | Team Orion | teamorion.com |Winning Edge Designs | wedjim.com | Jab Graphix | jabgraphix.com |
Old 12-02-2007

What Andy has said above is my exact point.....

It is a blatant rip off of the BJ4WE...

Evolution YES, copying the best car on the track at the moment and calling it an "EXCLUSIVE" I say NO!!!!!!

Its a shame and to be honest, is just a little bit wrong...

JConcepts have done the right thing and will continue to do so, so in a way Jason and Brad should be flattered that a company with the resources of HotBodies should basically take the blue prints and put their name on it...

Thats looking at it in a "glass half full" kinda way!

I dont think in a million years could HB back up there product the way JC do...
Old 12-02-2007

Hot Bodies, Tamiya, and Yokomo all used BJ parts in their prototypes and use very similar looking production parts. Its true that some use them to a higher extent than others though. Two companies actually ordered parts through us.....

| Kyosho America | kyoshoamerica.com | Team Orion | teamorion.com |Winning Edge Designs | wedjim.com | Jab Graphix | jabgraphix.com |
Old 12-02-2007
Administrator

Hpi are a big company and can certainly get more drivers into 4WD and off road electric in general with this car. There is talk of the 'other' andy moore giving this car a race this year, which might turn some other touring car drivers onto this class of racing - good for everyone!
Old 12-02-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
Hpi are a big company and can certainly get more drivers into 4WD and off road electric in general with this car. There is talk of the 'other' andy moore giving this car a race this year, which might turn some other touring car drivers onto this class of racing - good for everyone!

Thats is definately the best outlook for this car, and if its able to do that, then great!

Old 17-02-2007

Send a message via AIM to Adam Skelding Send a message via MSN to Adam Skelding Send a message via Yahoo to Adam Skelding Send a message via Skype™ to Adam Skelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Moore View Post
I constantly see the argument that this layout requires the buggy to look similar....but why do the parts appear almost identical. The front arms, caster blocks, c-hubs, center slipper assembly, etc all seem to be blatant copies, not Hot Bodies spin on this particular layout.
Please remind me where all this lot came from on the Original BJ4:

Castor Blocks & Knuckles (Losi).
Sipper: B4.
Front and Rear Wishbones: B4.
Drivetrain: TC3.

Hairs could be split all day on which came first, the chicken or the egg.

There are subtle differences all over the car.....