Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 26-05-2011

Default Car keeps cutting out??

I have just recently built a b44.1 after first 10 mins of runing it in it keep cutting out , when you give some throttle it just stutters in power, i check the motor wires etc, then after bout 30 second rest it is fine? I dont know if its the esc over heating? Im running associated xp 450 esc with reedy 4900 kv brushless , orion carbon 6000 45c 2s lipo and a etronix pulse radio on factory setting , any help would be very gratefull cheers

Im running the grey etronix receiver, ive heard they had problems with these rx's would this be the cause?
Old 26-05-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

edited . The esc can handle the motor. If the esc was hot you,d know it. When it stutters and cuts out how far away from you is it. You may be at the end of your tx range.
Old 26-05-2011

Lipo voltage?

http://matthew-chandlers-rc--blog.blogspot.com/

Old 26-05-2011

The same has just started happening to me and the way I solved it was when it cuts out completley check which lights are not on. Another way is if you have spares or friends with spares change one thing at a time motor, the ESC, then receiver e.t.c. to find out whats good and what's duff. In my case it turned out the receiver was broken.

Good luck
Old 26-05-2011

everything is brand new, plus im literally about 10/15 meter's away, from the car only does intermittenly
Old 26-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MChandler View Post
Lipo voltage?

is 2 cell 7.4v saddle pack
Old 26-05-2011
Mad Member

could be 1 of 3 i can think of.

1st thing voltage seting on the esc what is it set at?you want the lipo cutoff set at 6v no lower if its higher such as set at 7.4v it will stutter when the voltage gets to 7.4v.

2 receiver cutting out but when this happens it wont stutter it will just stop nothing will happen till it rebinds.

3 faulty sensor in the motor or sensor cable not connecting properly try some blue tac on the plug to the motor to hold it in and on the esc.
Old 04-06-2011

tryed the car again today and it seems to happen when the motor / esc gets hot, then i leave it for 5 mins to cool then ok, so its a heat issue, does anyone recommend getting a cooling fan for a assocaited xp esc?
Old 04-06-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Could also be a gearing problem. I dont know the gearing for a b44.1 but you could see if you can find it in the b4 forum.