Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Associated

Old 26-09-2014

Default Which batteries for B44.3

Have any of the UK team drivers got their hands on one yet?
I have one on order, but not sure whether to go with shorty or saddle
Old 29-09-2014

I am definitely no team driver but I had a B44.2 with avid chassis and gear diffs and have now gone to the Azarashi Greyseal with shorty layout and the gear diffs. Neither with centre diff of course.

The shorty layout is much more agile and amazing on tight tracks but can be a little twitchy. I have used the AE big centre weight to calm it down but the 44.3 should be better with the ally chassis. The two layouts require quite different setups and style of driving with the shorty layout in the Azarashi rewarding a more measured gentler style whereas the 44.2 avid could be thrashed hard as it was more stable.

I am sure the b44.3 will be different again but I am getting one for my son so will be good to see how they compare.
Old 29-09-2014

With the shorty setup (Team Azarashi), do you find that you need a slower motor than with the usual saddle configuration? For example if with saddle you would use a 6.5 for shorty confi. its enough with a 7.5..?
Old 30-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by suparajicon View Post
With the shorty setup (Team Azarashi), do you find that you need a slower motor than with the usual saddle configuration? For example if with saddle you would use a 6.5 for shorty confi. its enough with a 7.5..?
Certainly not, POWEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRR is always good

Actually you are sort of right. I had a 6.5 in my b44.2 then went to a 5.5 for giggles which was a blast but not much fasterfor my laptimes if I am honest

I put the 5.5 in the Azarashi and it was a bit mental so went to put the 6.5 back in but I seem to have mislaid it somewhere I have a 6.0 in it now and it is perfect.