Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Losi Racing

Old 03-12-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Southwell

2 deg i believe. Yes it is noticable, it makes the car more stable on the rear and and better over the bumps.
Old 04-12-2009

Cheers Ian
Old 04-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwell View Post
2 deg i believe. Yes it is noticable, it makes the car more stable on the rear and and better over the bumps.
Do you mean running the car with 2 degrees pro squat?
If it is just a matter of the pro/anti squat angle, wouldn't it be easier to use 0 degree blocks with shims or wedges below the rear holes?

Avner.
Old 05-12-2009

I have dremelled my pivot blocks now, and fitted them to the car. I would say that with no wedge, they are at 0degrees. I have added 1 wedge at the front, to give me 2deg (I think) anti squat. I cant find the rear hinge pin support bracket though, as I was not using one with the 0deg toe in street weapon blocks I had on before (had outboard toe in hubs). Do I need to use one? I believe the part no. is A2209. Is that the correct one for 3 deg rear toe blocks? I believe atomic carbon used to do one, is there an alternative if I cant get an original one?

I think it might be part no. losa9951 rear pin brace 3 deg blue?
Old 06-12-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Southwell

No, 2 deg anti squat but with the pins lower? down. You need the rear brace on, if you have a random crash you 'could' rip the rear hole out the chassis and be left with a big bill. Im not sure part numbers, maybe email trish bits for a custom one? I could give him my XX4 for a template, although he may not have time.
Old 13-12-2009

When running the cr rear end, when the weight is taken off the rear is it normal for the drive shafts to fall out? is this the reason why you would run outdrive savers on the rear? cheers
Old 15-12-2009

Got all the parts now. It looks like 5.5 E is a reasonable starting point for the top link, and the VLA short (hub hinge pin in the inside hole nearest the middle of the car). Is that right? The rear hinge pin brace is LOSA9951 for 3 deg inboard rear toe in if anyone needs one.