Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Ansmann Racing

Old 11-04-2012

Default Hop Ups suppliers

Seems due to the Ansmann 'reshuffle/unrest' there is little to no availability for the aluminium upgrades in the UK.

Loathed to pay half the price of the upgrades in P&P from Team C so does anyone know of any UK based suppliers for the below ?

+1 Rear Hubs
Front arm mount + weight
+3.5/4 deg rear arm
80T Kevlar Spur
Front Castle Block
Kevlar/Carbon front Chassis
Old 11-04-2012
Mad Member

Hi,

We waiting for our order to arrive, but yes we (Telstar Racing) will have all of the above.
Old 11-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordnikon View Post
Seems due to the Ansmann 'reshuffle/unrest' there is little to no availability for the aluminium upgrades in the UK.
why do people keep thinking there is "unrest" with Ansmann?
Old 11-04-2012

People find it easier to 'gossip' about bad things than good things... the way of the world!
Old 11-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattybucks View Post
Hi,

We waiting for our order to arrive, but yes we (Telstar Racing) will have all of the above.
Excellent to hear thanks - will keep an eye out

As for unrest, last i heard there was a change of supplier, or a break down with existing supplier/s then a new company formed 'abisma' or something of the like, plus the team drivers all moving back or on to another brand, wouldn't this all be classed as unrest ?? Not that it makes jack diddly difference
Old 11-04-2012

It's team C ... but it's all supporting the hobby...

http://www.eurorc.com/category/10/hop-up-parts

I got all...and I mean ALL the alloy parts within 4 days...including shipping time.

J

ANVIL-GFX
Old 11-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordnikon View Post
As for unrest, last i heard there was a change of supplier, or a break down with existing supplier/s then a new company formed 'abisma' or something of the like, plus the team drivers all moving back or on to another brand, wouldn't this all be classed as unrest ?? Not that it makes jack diddly difference
There is to my knowledge a problem with the suppliers of the ARE, Master Smacker, Royal flash & the 1st generation cars aimed at the bashers but these are not the pro spec cars or the mad-rat based cars, so there is no "break down with supplier", it's just the people who made those cars have i believe gone bust due to the economic downturn.. even so those cars would probably be coming out of the catalogue this year anyway to be replaced with newer cars.

TQ have split from Ansmann we know this, but just because someone has decided to bring in Team C cars which we all already know are identical to Ansmann cars apart from the packaging & brand name does not spell disaster for Ansmann.. did LRP go bust when they brought in Nosram despite the fact the only difference is one is painted blue & the other painted them red? I even once bought some Ansmann body-pin pullers that were on an Ansmann header cars but the pullers had "team C" embossed into them instead of "AR", if Team C do exclusively take over the likes of the rat, monkey & blizzard based cars, i'm sure Ansmann will just bring out another car next year anyway as i believe behind the scenes the powers that be in the company are sourcing new manufacturers & a new design of car will be along soon enough.

As for the team drivers moving, we've had 3 drivers move & that is it. No disrespect, but i could always see Mossy going back to Schumacher sooner or later & as for McGee & Woody, that is their business & nothing to do with the team breaking down, Ansmann still have a race team & still represent the Ansmann brand.
Old 11-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad-Wolfie View Post
There is to my knowledge a problem with the suppliers of the ARE, Master Smacker, Royal flash & the 1st generation cars aimed at the bashers but these are not the pro spec cars or the mad-rat based cars, so there is no "break down with supplier", it's just the people who made those cars have i believe gone bust due to the economic downturn.. even so those cars would probably be coming out of the catalogue this year anyway to be replaced with newer cars.

TQ have split from Ansmann we know this, but just because someone has decided to bring in Team C cars which we all already know are identical to Ansmann cars apart from the packaging & brand name does not spell disaster for Ansmann.. did LRP go bust when they brought in Nosram despite the fact the only difference is one is painted blue & the other painted them red? I even once bought some Ansmann body-pin pullers that were on an Ansmann header cars but the pullers had "team C" embossed into them instead of "AR", if Team C do exclusively take over the likes of the rat, monkey & blizzard based cars, i'm sure Ansmann will just bring out another car next year anyway as i believe behind the scenes the powers that be in the company are sourcing new manufacturers & a new design of car will be along soon enough.

As for the team drivers moving, we've had 3 drivers move & that is it. No disrespect, but i could always see Mossy going back to Schumacher sooner or later & as for McGee & Woody, that is their business & nothing to do with the team breaking down, Ansmann still have a race team & still represent the Ansmann brand.
Not sure you have a handle on the situation and your only speculating with phrases like
“To my knowledge”
“I believe gone bust due to the economic downturn”
“Would probably be coming out of the catalogue”
“As I believe behind the scenes the powers that be in the company are sourcing new manufacturers”

Other weird comments
“TQ have split from Ansmann” No they split from Team C the parent company of the race cars.
“Team C cars which we all already know are identical to Ansmann cars” Ah read above.
I could always see Mossy going back to Schumacher sooner or later” Care to explain this a little more? Did you even read his statement on the return to Schumacher?
“& as for McGee & Woody, that is their business” Oh again Woody was booted as there wasn’t enough room for 3 at the top. McGee got NO support and maybe left due to extreme frustration.
Ansmann may have a race team but NO ONE that can contend in the A mains. Great race teams need leadership and someone to aspire to be like. Massive FAIL Ansmann and most certain “Unrest” with clearly no race direction.
Old 12-04-2012

I am one of the team drivers, and run the x2c and the x4pro, one of the reasons i think people are having with so called unrest is the fact people didnt realise how much woody actualy did, and know he has moved on to diferent pastures their is a massive hole to fill as i know the new team leader will do his best to fill. i know i will be sticking with the cars as they suit my driving style,
if we think their should be somthing done to solve this why dont we have a team drivers meeting, and we all can discuss how we can promote the brand, why not look into a ansmann sponsord race series.
HB Racing D418
www.kandmacoustics.co.uk
Old 12-04-2012

Is there going to be another ansmann got talent??
--->Seller Feedback<---
Old 12-04-2012
oOple Advertiser

Just to put the existing team drivers minds at rest there are no plans at the moment for anything to change in the immediate future regarding the current race cars. Any of you with any concerns please feel free to pm me on here or email me direct at alecspringer63@hotmail.com and I will go through any concerns personally.

We currently have a very good team of club/regional standard drivers which I am very happy to have on board representing the AR UK products. We all know that the two F1 drivers that were taken on at the latter part of last year have left the team, it's old news and we are moving on and will continue to do so regardless.

I look forward to hearing from you all

Alec
Old 12-04-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpi_guy View Post
Is there going to be another ansmann got talent??
Hi there are no plans at the moment for another talent day, but that's not to say something similar won't happen at a later stage in the year
Old 12-04-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
I am one of the team drivers, and run the x2c and the x4pro, one of the reasons i think people are having with so called unrest is the fact people didnt realise how much woody actualy did, and know he has moved on to diferent pastures their is a massive hole to fill as i know the new team leader will do his best to fill. i know i will be sticking with the cars as they suit my driving style,
if we think their should be somthing done to solve this why dont we have a team drivers meeting, and we all can discuss how we can promote the brand, why not look into a ansmann sponsord race series.
There are various exciting things being planned for the coming season that will all be revealed throughout the year, all team drivers will be notified by email when necessary
Old 13-04-2012

You looking to have another club level driver?
--->Seller Feedback<---
Old 13-04-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
You looking to have another club level driver?
Hi, email me some details over and I'll take a look

alecspringer63@hotmail.com

Cheers
Alec
Old 13-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameo View Post
Ansmann may have a race team but NO ONE that can contend in the A mains. Great race teams need leadership and someone to aspire to be like. Massive FAIL Ansmann and most certain “Unrest” with clearly no race direction.
to clear a couple of issues up without dwelling on things any further, this has made me think a little & this is my own opinion, not that of the Ansmann team.

The race team HAS a leader.. his name is Alec, (you may of seen him posting above me here) & there is plenty of direction with the team - mostly forwards & upwards - with ALL the team drivers i know looking forwards to what they can do for Ansmann with regards getting to become a better standard of driver to make the brand proud & those same drivers looking forward to seeing what the next products Ansmann release onto the market.

As i said the other week in a reply, it's all well & good having a trophy cabinet full of shining trophies from drivers making A-mains, but it's the club racers who buy the cars & most base this on what they can afford & it's the club racing that will keep bringing in the business. It worked for Tamiya, despite the fact they are winning world championships etc with TRF cars & top drivers, it's the likes of selling the TT01's & fighter buggies that keep Tamiya in business & what the shops sell the most of when it comes to Tamiya cars & they sell those cars on the strength of the brand name & the club racers / beginners who use those cars, not on how many trophies Marc Rheinhard has won this year.. why aim your market at only the top 1% of the entire RC market?

Think about it.. an A-final has 10 drivers, there may be 7 or 8 finals below that, so that's probably another 80 drivers on the entry sheet to appeal to with your cars/products as well as those 10 drivers that will be in the A final... so where's the biggest market.
Old 13-04-2012

To add to wolfies comment, I can't afford CDs such as a Durango, trf or a vega, my budget only allows for cars such as a ansmann mad rat, but i don't buy a car based on what awards it has won and how fancy the promotional videos are, I choose a car on if it is in my price budget and how easy to get/cheap spares are, and similar to what wolfie said again, all the drivers who are in all the top finals are all team drivers who get the cars cheap. On another note, why don't nsmann make a aluminium front chassis plate themself?
--->Seller Feedback<---
Old 13-04-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
To add to wolfies comment, I can't afford CDs such as a Durango, trf or a vega, my budget only allows for cars such as a ansmann mad rat, but i don't buy a car based on what awards it has won and how fancy the promotional videos are, I choose a car on if it is in my price budget and how easy to get/cheap spares are, and similar to what wolfie said again, all the drivers who are in all the top finals are all team drivers who get the cars cheap. On another note, why don't nsmann make a aluminium front chassis plate themself?

I think you will see a aluminium chassis VERY soon!!! Perhaps not from Ansman though!!! But for the Ansman 2wd.
Old 13-04-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

The main issue that Ansmann has, is that they are only a box and packet shifter, so to get any development work done on the chassis takes either to long or never happens, so the team has to run whatever Team C produce. Ansmann could have alloy/brass/carbon parts, but they are mainly stuck with the layout. Moving the cars forward then becomes 'difficult'.

Just my thoughts on the matter.
Old 13-04-2012

Send a message via MSN to metalmickey0

I`m now confused as i just got myself a Mad Monkey as cant afford high price stuff, but now dont seem to be able to find Hop-Ups for it. And in my opinion its a well built impressive car and i like shiney stuff. Just waiting for the shell to come back from my sprayer and it`ll be running at my local outdoor club and close in door club. So any sites that sell spares would be usefull for me to add to my favs list for use later, as no doubt a tree will jump out at me.

Rych