Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround > oOple Talk

Old 23-07-2009

Default Anyone noticed the 'NitroTek' user?

I think that the user 'nitrotek' are kind of taking advantage of the For Sale sections. They are a shop after all, and the account has only ever posted in the for sale section. If they've donated to oOple, then fair enough, but I think they are abusing a priviledge personally.

Considering that most people think that the stuff Nitrotek sells is hardly top notch (because it really isn't), I think that they are wasting their time anyway.
Old 24-07-2009

i totally agree! there should be a rule of say 20 "relevant" posts before you can sell or something..............it would be like DMS coming on and putting their listings up. (which they dont) i would however not mind at all if say I was looking for a certain part or new toy for the shops to get in touch with what the have to offer
Diementia would like to invite you to vote for us on Total Biker FM here : http://lnk.ms/TPsV9 and share this link. Please also share this link.Thankyou for your support \m/ www.reverbnation.com/diementia
Old 24-07-2009
Administrator

Yeah thanks for spotting this - not had chance to look at all the posts but nitrotek should be aware that these commercial for-sale's aren't appropriate. I'll sort it out soon.
Old 24-07-2009
oOple Contributor

Send a message via MSN to rcracer

mmm sorry, i missed that one
Old 24-07-2009
oOple Advertiser

Whilst we are very active on the forum, as has already been said, we dont list all our products up for sale in "adverts". I also like to think we "contribute" to the forum in large with help and advice to anyone we think we can be of use to. We have over 1500 posts now yet I bet we have less than 20 of these in the "For Sale" section

We have also helped out Jimmy in the past with some "race goodies" to help with his costs (and would "alwasy" be preparred to in the future too) and we are just awaiting the right "oppurtunity" (space) to come along and will be advertising on this great forum soon too (hopefully) to show our full support to Jimmy and Vicky and the huge effort they put into this site.

For a trader (who shows no support for the forum) to come on and list items (that have little or no relevance to our "end" of the R/C scale) is not really on. Even if people are advertising on here, if it helps the "users" it would be almost OK, but when it is stuff no-one is interested in...

Charge them £50 per ad Jimmy !!! That way they would surely be "welcome" to post up stuff no-one on here is interested in......
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 24-07-2009

No, I totally agree with you at DMS. Your posts are helpful, and you never appear or try to sell yourselves (though really, due to the good help you provide you draw customers to yourselves that way). You help contribute to the oOple community as a whole.

Nitrotek on the other hand...

What makes their posts worse is that oOple is a respected site. I (as an employee of a model shop too) often refer people to oOple for advice/help in choosing a car, and if Nitrotek are advertising here, they may think that 'that brand' are good.

I really don't like moaning, but when it comes to this one I had to say something.
Old 25-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
I think that the user 'nitrotek' are kind of taking advantage of the For Sale sections. They are a shop after all, and the account has only ever posted in the for sale section. If they've donated to oOple, then fair enough, but I think they are abusing a priviledge personally.

Considering that most people think that the stuff Nitrotek sells is hardly top notch (because it really isn't), I think that they are wasting their time anyway.
Totally agree, ban them from the site Jimmy
Old 25-07-2009
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

There are several people who treat this site as a shop front.
Whilst I have no idea if this person works for or is a shop, he/she seems to have an awefull lot of stuff to sell...
clickety click
Old 25-07-2009

I don't think they are, because of the wanted posts.

Even so - blimey!
Old 25-07-2009

why do nitrotec advertise in dollars when they say on there website that they are in macclesfield
Old 04-08-2009
Lee-Mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col View Post
Whilst I have no idea if this person works for or is a shop, he/she seems to have an awefull lot of stuff to sell...
clickety click

I think they are swingers trying to pay to feed the habit

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 04-08-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col View Post
clickety click
although they haven't contributed a lot to the site if anything at all, they are selling a lot of kit due to moving to Canada before the end of the year
CFR RCTV Channel
Glenn Atterton

BRCA 2005 1/10th Off-Road Veterans Champion
LMP12 National Champion 2003/2004 / F3 class
Old 04-08-2009
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Bollox.
Quote:
well got another car last week and went racing last week and found out that my hauler bag is too big for my car
from a forsale thread.

Personally not bothered who sells what and where, but...
Oh, hang on, it does bother me. If I had 10245 garages full of stuff to sell, I'd be using eBay. But then I'd have to pay for that
Old 05-08-2009

Looks like he's re-registered and is posting again! http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28371
Old 05-08-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chequered Flag Racing View Post
although they haven't contributed a lot to the site if anything at all, they are selling a lot of kit due to moving to Canada before the end of the year
I bought a B4 off them that wasn't very good. So not touching them again