Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bedfordshire RC Model Car Club

Old 25-04-2010

Default What shall we race outdoors?

With the planning process moving forward, we need to start thinking about what we could be running on the off-road track if we get the go ahead...

What would current club members like to race?

Are you interesting in running off-road with us but are not yet a member of our club - if so what would attract you to us if we run it?

Here are some ideas (remember everything would be electric, NO NITRO).

1:10 buggies - 2WD & 4WD
1:10 Trucks - Short Course or Racing Trucks or Monster Trucks
1:8 buggies - 4WD
What about bikes maybe?

Let us know and let's see what we can offer you all...
Old 26-04-2010

Scott, i'd be up for trucks,maybe an open truck class unless we get enough of one class. 2WD and 4WD buggies goes without saying as this will be the popular classes.
Bikes is an interesting one. I've never seen one in action but i bet they're good fun.
We could also look at 1/18th scale with maybe running a slightly shorter course for them.
1/8th scale would be a good option if the track is big enough. My attract quite a few drivers with not many local venues for them.
There's a few ideas to ponder. Cheers Andy
Old 27-04-2010

As you said in another thread Scott, too many classes in the venues infancy would water down what you could potentially have.

I would stick to:
1/10th 2WD
1/10th 4WD
Trucks (seperate the SC from the tradtional racing trucks if numbers allow)
1/8th electric if the track is large enough.

I know you mentioned th emicros which i think will be ok if the surface is flat enough but in order to make a track thats exciting for 10th and 1/8th work on a 1/18th is going to be hard work even if you shorten the track some how.

I think the staple is going to be 10th buggy and truck so I would say build it around them and then see who comes and then accomodate what turns up. It's always worth having an "open" heat in club level to allow anything that doesn't fall into its own category run with everything else. Obviously you can't have a E-Savage running along side a blaze though...
Old 27-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashiriya View Post
As you said in another thread Scott, too many classes in the venues infancy would water down what you could potentially have.

I would stick to:
1/10th 2WD
1/10th 4WD
Trucks (seperate the SC from the tradtional racing trucks if numbers allow)
1/8th electric if the track is large enough.

I know you mentioned th emicros which i think will be ok if the surface is flat enough but in order to make a track thats exciting for 10th and 1/8th work on a 1/18th is going to be hard work even if you shorten the track some how.

I think the staple is going to be 10th buggy and truck so I would say build it around them and then see who comes and then accomodate what turns up. It's always worth having an "open" heat in club level to allow anything that doesn't fall into its own category run with everything else. Obviously you can't have a E-Savage running along side a blaze though...
I agree with you Maz regarding my other comments, I just wanted to open the doors to see what people thought. Personally I think we should keep to 1:10th 2/4WD and trucks as you say. We can arrange the track to enable a shorter version for micros.
Old 27-04-2010

Default Manage peoples expectations...

One thing I think we need to address will be members expectations about the track itself. We must all remember that we are starting from nothing. It's not a club who is moving and taking all its materials with it, or a club taking over an old clubs location.

We start with a fantastic location (if the planners say yes) it's a great canvas to build on. I would envisage at least 12 months at the earliest before we have something that resembles a great track and facilities.

Just like the indoor racing, it will be the support of the members that will make it work.
Old 27-04-2010
oOple Advertiser

Any news on the offroad track?
Old 27-04-2010

do we have a rough date to start work on the track?
Old 27-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartalec View Post
Any news on the offroad track?
The planning application was due to be submitted last week, there was a slight delay due to one of the people involved being ill. We are now submitting this week and then we have been told that there is a 2-4 week wait to find out if we get the planning passed.

I can assure you all, as soon as we hear anything all members will be first to know about it