Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround > REAL 1:1 Cars

Old 28-11-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default Ferrari May protest Vettal win

It may not be all over yet. Apparently Vettal overtook in yellow caution zone. He could be demoted and Alonso wins by 1 point. The video at the top of link def shows him overtaking.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/20531638
Old 28-11-2012

At first I thought this was going to be what was mentioned on the Sky coverage at great depth but when looked at closely was the red and yellow slippery track condition lights.

Then I watched the video; he's a silly boy isn't he! He was deffo past before he got to the green light so did overtake in the caution zone.

Alonso world champion by 1 point. Bernie has worked wonders with the championship this year hasn't he! He truly is a puppet master......
Old 28-11-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

I think the protest would be bad for the sport and I don't think even Alonso would want to win because of that. I am no fan of Vettel, but he had the better car and won.
Old 28-11-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
I think the protest would be bad for the sport and I don't think even Alonso would want to win because of that. I am no fan of Vettel, but he had the better car and won.
Alonso has stated on twitter he believes in miracles and at the end of the day Vettal cheated. nobody is allowed to overtake under yellows including him.
Old 28-11-2012
Mad Member

The Vettel overtake was legal. He had passed the marshal point at the end of the pit lane and they were waving green flags. The trackside and dashboard lights are there as an assistance to the marshals, but the flags take priority.

Spot the marshal post on the left just before the overtake, and notice the flag being waved.
Old 29-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
He CHEATED !!!!!!!!
Old 29-11-2012
Mad Member

Well, this has been happening more and more in the last few races with Vettel... strange overtakes over the edges of the track.

I'm not a fan of either team or driver, and yes, he did violate the rules. However, if Alonso wins by making complaints about this, it's an anti-climax to the season!

If they are going to look at the 'incident,' then I think the FIA is better off not giving the prize to any of the teams.
Old 29-11-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry.sc View Post
The Vettel overtake was legal. He had passed the marshal point at the end of the pit lane and they were waving green flags. The trackside and dashboard lights are there as an assistance to the marshals, but the flags take priority.

Spot the marshal post on the left just before the overtake, and notice the flag being waved.
Argument over, waved green flag.

To be honest, this would put so many people off the sport if everything had been announced for it only to be overturned away from the race. I really do like F1, but this kind of thing, dragging on for a week after the event really does spoil the event.
Old 29-11-2012

I don't think it would put many people of at all, the fact is if he did overtake under yellow flags then that's against the rules pure an simple an he should get punished irrespective if its for the championship or not an Ferrari have every right to say something as it would mean Vettel won by cheating which is even WORSE then just letting him get away with. Not a Vettel or Alonso fan at all but if it was wrong it should of been changed
Old 29-11-2012

He should have been punished for crashing Senna out of the race.... ruined two people's races.

Nick Priest

http://www.midlandsraceway.co.uk/

http://model-car-racer.co.uk

For the best PERMANENT Indoor Off Road circuit in the West Midlands.
Old 29-11-2012

Vettel was he went to the back, I'm sorry everyone seems to hate him! I think he is an amazing driver, how many times can a person take the knocks and he still lifts he's head high.
The amount of times he has started from the back and done so well.
Instead of criticism why not say well done, I enjoyed this year's f1 great action lots of drama.
Yes ok he cut in for the apex but and a big but it is a risky manoeuvre going up the inside when u are all grouped we know this we race little cars the difference is we see what's all around us as we are not in a cockpit, he was concentrating on many things in front outside inside lines. He may not have come off worse but he did get punished damaged car and back of the field he done amazing.

Regarding the flag he went through the section of slippery surface he went through a green light and the next corner he made the move. He could not have given the place back as kobiyashi (not sure how its spelt) pitted either way he was going past him that's what the fia probably saw it as.
Otherwise the back markers unlapped them selves on a safety car regardless of rules that is still over taking under caution!
I felt for Hamilton although I can't stand him, I'm glad button won hopefully the title will be he's next year. Alonso is a c0ck and webber I hope has better luck next year.
Old 29-11-2012

That is what stewards are for, they would of investigated it on the day if it was deemed outside of the rules.
It wouldn't bother me if they did change something now but if we were to inspect every race this year and punish people accordingly we would all come up with different end results. Best leave it to the stewards and teams.
Old 29-11-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jampot View Post
Vettel was he went to the back, I'm sorry everyone seems to hate him! I think he is an amazing driver, how many times can a person take the knocks and he still lifts he's head high.
I don't like him because when he is knocked back he doesn't hold his head high or just get on with it, he whines and complains. Listen to the radio feed when Hamilton passed him at Austin, he blamed the HRT for holding him up even though there were a couple of corners between the HRT and the DRS zone. He whined at Abu Dhabi when he nearly ran into the Torro Rosso behind the safety car when he should have been watching what it was doing. He blamed the first lap accident at Brazil entirely on Senna when really he turned into Senna. He even followed this up by saying "I would go to Ayrton's grave to tell him what his nephew did". Nice. Of course after seeing video of the incident Vettel is saying it's a racing accident but I've yet to see any apology for his remarks about Ayrton Senna.

The overtake that is being discussed was on Vergne, not Kobayashi. The Vergne overtake was never shown on the main TV feed. The protests about the Kobayashi overtake was down to people not understanding the difference between a solid yellow light (slippery surface) and flashing yellow light (no overtaking).
Old 29-11-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jampot View Post
I felt for Hamilton although I can't stand him, I'm glad button won hopefully the title will be he's next year. Alonso is a c0ck and webber I hope has better luck next year.
I have no idea why some people choose to disklike Hamilton, such a level headed down to earth driver. What's to dislike!

Mendip R/C Raceway - Offroad Racing in South-West
WORM-Racing - GT12 Racing in the South-West
Old 29-11-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry.sc View Post
The protests about the Kobayashi overtake was down to people not understanding the difference between a solid yellow light (slippery surface) and flashing yellow light (no overtaking).
Erm - slippery surface flag is red and yellow stripes mate. Solid yellow and waved yellow essentially mean the same thing.

Solid yellow - caution - incident on track - slow down, no overtaking.

Waved yellow - extreme caution - incident on track - slow down, no overtaking.

Some governing bodies stipulate no overtaking until you're past the incident, some say no overtaking until you're past the next marshals post waving a green flag. Some will have a solid yellow after a waved one and prior to a green.

Being a flag marshal myself you've got to be on the ball!!
Old 29-11-2012

Send a message via MSN to metalmickey0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danosborne6661 View Post
I have no idea why some people choose to disklike Hamilton, such a level headed down to earth driver. What's to dislike!
Right on Dan.Hamiliton is The Overtake Master.
Even my mrs hates Vettel. She wants to break his first finger off, as it winds her up somewhat cronic when he waves it at the camera man.
Old 29-11-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog View Post
Erm - slippery surface flag is red and yellow stripes mate. Solid yellow and waved yellow essentially mean the same thing.

Solid yellow - caution - incident on track - slow down, no overtaking.

Waved yellow - extreme caution - incident on track - slow down, no overtaking.
You can't wave a trackside light display.

The red/yellow striped trackside lights are just seen as being solid yellow on TV screens, which is what caused most of the fuss during the race about the Kobayashi overtake as it looked like Vettel overtook under yellow. To help differentiate the red/yellow and yellow lights, they use a solid light to indicate a slippery surface and the lights flashwhen a solid yellow flag is supposed to be shown, and they flash faster for a waved yellow flag.
Old 29-11-2012

Just heard on the radio that they've looked into it and no action is to be taken. Vettel is the champion.

I guess the marshal was waving a green flag in that post then (I couldn't tell what colour it was).

And as for not liking drivers, I think both him and Hami moan like little children when they think they've been done wrong (see Vettel nearly going up the chuff of Riciardo the other week when he did the same thing to Jenson a few weeks before).

Last edited by i4n; 30-11-2012 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Added "done" that I forgot originally, makes sense now!
Old 29-11-2012
Mad Member

Waved flags take precedence over lights - waved green = get on with it! It can't drag on, the rules state that any decisions about a season must be made before 30th November, this Friday. FIA is empowered to determine any infringement not spotted by the Stewards on the day, and issue penalties. As it turns out FIA seem to know the rules and state they will not investigate further.

Non-event whipped up by an ignorant media who spend more time monitoring Twatter and F*cebook than doing their homework. Ho hum...
Old 29-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by i4n View Post
Just heard on the radio that they've looked into it and no action is to be taken. Vettel is the champion.

Looks like they, shat out on that one then.

2002, 3 , 4
B.R.C.A Scottish indoor TC champion.
2005......... B.R.C.A Open modified Scottish TC champion.
2011....... Scottish Indoor OFF-ROAD champion.
2012 ......... Scottish SORC Off-Road Runner up.

My oOple Trader feedback http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84630