Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > NEAM Seaham Sunderland

Old 03-06-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobby View Post
sorry neil but that is a very poor excuse for not pulling your weight pal
I don't really think you can comment about anyone pulling their weight mind Chris. After all you've barely raced at our club over the last 2 years to see who or what has gone on.

So on that note I think you'll find that over the last 2 years you have been classed as one of the biggest slackers at our club and I always laugh when I see sly comments like yours...
Old 03-06-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Church View Post
You are right!!! Countless hours go into preparing a track and the running of the meetings.
It's the EPR National this weekend and I would guesstimate that some 2000 man hours have gone into preparing the track, it may not look like that much time was spent, but believe it has!!!
I myself am taking another day off work, self employed so I won't get paid, to go to the track and finish the painting!!!
I think a way forward may be to make it mandatory that everyone puts in time at the track doing maintainence, or I do like the idea of a buy out clause!!!
Remember without these people that freely give up their time, we would all be bashing round a carpark.
Couldn't agree more with the above statement. We are working on our club at the moment and the hours easily disappear.
Old 03-06-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by N7ELA View Post
I don't really think you can comment about anyone pulling their weight mind Chris. After all you've barely raced at our club over the last 2 years to see who or what has gone on.

So on that note I think you'll find that over the last 2 years you have been classed as one of the biggest slackers at our club and I always laugh when I see sly comments like yours...
i find it quite tricky racing at the club when i work away sunday to thursday or monday to friday so when i'm on monday to friday i'm up at 5am monday, and if i'm working sunday to thursday.........well i'm sure you can work that one out
so when i make it to the club i like to think i do my fair share.
i think the reason some people arn't to chuffed with some is people turning up racing then going home just as the track has to be put away.
the last time i raced at the club i was told we had to empty the room and move everything out to the garage outside.
that night i got home at 11:45pm even though i was up at 5am the next morning so please don't try and tell me i don't do my bit when need be.
but if anyone at the club thinks that please come and tell me face to face.
just bare in mind guys i'v helped organise club nights through to world championship meetings over the last 25 years without any complaints from people all over the world.
you all need to sit down and discuss any problems at the club.
i'll keep out of it from now on guys enjoy yourselves, and i'll see you all at the club when it's possible and work permitting if that's ok?
Old 04-06-2010
Mad Member

The way i see it is if a member or anyone wants to help then its a great bonus to the club. The only dissapointing thing here is mainly we are talking about Jarrow club, here we are blaming people for not helping, which i find quite hard to believe, there wasnt a shortage of help from wot i know because everything got done and the event ran very well. I wasnt even asked to help, i offered on the assumption that help would be needed, as i do every year.

Now to go forward i think better communication is needed to every member, e.g. we would like 5 people to help out friday afternoon, and 5 sunday nite with 3 or 4 going back to the club to put things away.

Its just a shame we couldnt disscuss this at agm instead of putting it on here, who wants to race in the NE region any more??? No wonder the numbers are dwindling, and the region in my view has taken a big hit on this forum. Either we stop this and do it properly at the next agm or club meeting, or give up completely otherwise there aint going to be any NE regionals next year.

Regionals should be FUN not a chore!

And just to add, this was Mr Pack's First regional event as organiser, yes there were a few hiccups but is'nt there allways??? Has anyone accually said Thank you to him?? He didnt have to do it............

Well i'll start, David Pack Thank YOU !!! I apologize if i p*ss** you off.

Yokomo - Nemoracing
Sb Designs
http://www.fairfueluk.com/

Last edited by cmgreen; 04-06-2010 at 07:31 AM. Reason: sp
Old 04-06-2010

Default Ask

Having been involved in running many, many events at Teesside there are some things that stands out about clubs.
There will always be a core of people who will help, come what may.
There will also be a group of members who only want to turn up and race.
But in between there are a large number of people who will be delighted to help but are just waiting to be asked
Any big meeting needs a lot of preparation. It is up to the committee to decide what needs doing and then ask people to do the jobs. If they say no then move on, don't complain, they will have their own reasons.
This will encourage a good feeling throughout the club and maybe, some of those who havn't helped before will want to get involved.
See you all at Preston Park. Anyone who wants to help is welcome.
Old 04-06-2010

been there done that stewart ie tesside /peterlee/ belmont/
gateshead /darlington/ all had prodlems which you are not going to solve thats why had it selling up
Old 04-06-2010

Send a message via MSN to baD Send a message via Skype™ to baD

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewcc View Post
But in between there are a large number of people who will be delighted to help but are just waiting to be asked
.......See you all at Preston Park. Anyone who wants to help is welcome.
Great advice Stew, and brilliant opportunistic advertising !

I felt there was a boil on the bum of JORCR which needed lancing and I hope airing of views, although not universally popular, has gone a little way to this end. Sometimes you have to take the pain to make things better. JORCR can prosper and grow only if any discontent is dealt with and not allowed to fester. (Another reason why I asked folks to leave their personal grievences at the forum door)

And JORCR can prosper, there are enough positive people around to do so, with a little extra help here and there from the less active ones.

I admire the apology made on here - - and the thank you to DP. I don't admire the "I have done more than you" bits"

So ...... we have a clear message to improve communication, improve organisation and ask clearly.
Do we go further with the 'don't punish the non-helpers, but reward the helpers'? I read the comment that getting 'helper' members as opposed to an inactive ones is a 'bonus'. Agreed, it is a bonus, but if there are so very few bonus members then the future of the club is at risk and no club means clearly no racing locally for anyone. No-one in this thread will advocate turning drivers away. Hang on, let me reconsider that! No, not even them, they wouldn't ( ) So for the usual physical graft at club nights/days and meetings, what's wrong with rewarding those that put the graft in?
Old 04-06-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewcc View Post
Having been involved in running many, many events at Teesside there are some things that stands out about clubs.
There will always be a core of people who will help, come what may.
There will also be a group of members who only want to turn up and race.
Any big meeting needs a lot of preparation. It is up to the committee to decide what needs doing and then ask people to do the jobs. If they say no then move on, don't complain, they will have their own reasons.
This will encourage a good feeling throughout the club and maybe, some of those who havn't helped before will want to get involved.
See you all at Preston Park. Anyone who wants to help is welcome.
And thats the main point I've been trying to make.

Big meetings need lots of organisation and all the jobs should be allocated pre meeting to committee and club members. Like Chris Green said any additional help is appreciated and welcomed and is a bonus.

99% of people are always willing to help if asked. Yet 99% of people don't want to ask as they don't want to step on peoples toes or offend anyone or end up being disliked for being too pushy.

The other 1% of people moan and groan and whinge on public forums because what they really want is eveyone else to tell them what a great job they've done in organising previous nationals and to tell them how smoothly things ran when they were in charge and what a great driver they are and generally make them feel good because their lives are so boring and pathetic.

Old 04-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgreen View Post
The way i see it is if a member or anyone wants to help then its a great bonus to the club. The only dissapointing thing here is mainly we are talking about Jarrow club, here we are blaming people for not helping, which i find quite hard to believe, there wasnt a shortage of help from wot i know because everything got done and the event ran very well. I wasnt even asked to help, i offered on the assumption that help would be needed, as i do every year.

Now to go forward i think better communication is needed to every member, e.g. we would like 5 people to help out friday afternoon, and 5 sunday nite with 3 or 4 going back to the club to put things away.

Its just a shame we couldnt disscuss this at agm instead of putting it on here, who wants to race in the NE region any more??? No wonder the numbers are dwindling, and the region in my view has taken a big hit on this forum. Either we stop this and do it properly at the next agm or club meeting, or give up completely otherwise there aint going to be any NE regionals next year.

Regionals should be FUN not a chore!

And just to add, this was Mr Pack's First regional event as organiser, yes there were a few hiccups but is'nt there allways??? Has anyone accually said Thank you to him?? He didnt have to do it............

Well i'll start, David Pack Thank YOU !!! I apologize if i p*ss** you off.

Well said Chris..

I cant see the point of finger pointing... I think most members put in the graft when they can, Everything got done and the event was good so whats the problem?
Think everyone needs to calm down a bit
KF
SV2
SVR
www.racing-cars.com
Old 04-06-2010

We need another agm to get this sorted because quite clearly people weren't listening at the previous one.

I said I would run race control for 1 day and I did. Everyone else obviously had head up their Arse and in some cases on the meeting day expected me to run 2 days.

For the next meeting we should have a loud speaker because some people didn't get that point through their thick skulls and expected me to run both days!

Not only was I apparently expected to do it some people were trying make me feel like a c@;t for not doing it.

To be honest I did what I was meant to do and for those members that didn't help could have put themselves forward to help run race control for the other day.

It's that simple (Obviously for some it isn't).

Look at that no finger pointing this time!
Old 04-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgreen View Post

Yep CM this is the kind of sh*t that made me sell up ! I think you guys need to have a group hug
Old 04-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayxwalker View Post
Yep CM this is the kind of sh*t that made me sell up ! I think you guys need to have a group hug
I bet you would come back Tim if we all promised to give you a hug.....

I'am thinking about giving DP one....how bad is that?
Old 04-06-2010

Pugs no need for a hug I'm wearing a lager jacket.

I want another AGM to get this sorted.

I want to write up a mandate to be included with all jarrow memberships and current members must sign it too.

Basically telling everyone what is expected from them as a member.

The bottom line this mess doesn't happen in future.

With Bents Park being booked next and the rubbish numbers we won't be having a regional it will still influence on the club.

I will write one up and see what everyone thinks.

I will draft one up but basically anyone that doesn't seem to be pulling their weight will change their
mind.
Old 04-06-2010

DP I was looking forward to it
Old 04-06-2010

OK boys and girls let's have a group hug starting this sunday...

Please sign up here...

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?p=383550#post383550"]http://www.oople.com/forums/showthre...550#post383550[/URL]

North East Amateur Motorsport
(formerly Jarrow & Oxclose RC Racing)
http://www.neamRC.co.uk

Racing Sundays 6pm-10pm @ Seaham Youth Centre, SR7 8QE

Old 04-06-2010

I want an AGM and I want a mandate so we're not going on circles.

Also if anyone feels that they have been victismised by my posts they can vote to ban me from the club.

Name the meeting date.

In the mean time club racing is nearing, I just hope the baby is worth the hassle.

I'm not joking we need this sorted we can't go on the way we are.

Unfortunately it's come to me posting what I did which makes me look like a c@!t to make us think about things.

I will forward the drafted mandate and get everyones email.

Like I said I will put myself up for vote if people want me out.
Old 04-06-2010

Been there done that got the t-shirt the baseball cap, cup, socks and novelty toothbrush...........

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 04-06-2010

A few willing volunteers is better than an army of pressganaged helpers, and the sooner people realise it, the better, been through it with my own club. Now we don't have someone barking orders, stuff gets done.

Lets not forget, this is a hobby, not a business, it relies on volunteers, and it is their selfless acts that go unrewarded that is the problem, not the people buggering off early. Since I started racing in 1989, I have seen this discussion happen every year, and no matter what you do, you can't force people to help, as they just go elsewhere, you just make sure that the people who do, gets looked after.
Old 05-06-2010
Grammarator

Send a message via Skype™ to emzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpackster1980 View Post
Unfortunately it's come to me posting what I did which makes me look like a c@!t to make us think about things.
Just so you know David, I don't think it made you look like a c@!t.

And no group hug guys, some of you smell funny.
Old 05-06-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpackster1980 View Post
I want an AGM and I want a mandate so we're not going on circles.

Also if anyone feels that they have been victismised by my posts they can vote to ban me from the club.

Name the meeting date.

In the mean time club racing is nearing, I just hope the baby is worth the hassle.

I'm not joking we need this sorted we can't go on the way we are.

I will forward the drafted mandate and get everyones email.

Like I said I will put myself up for vote if people want me out.
David its worth the agro to get you to do some graft...