Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 04-03-2012

Default DMS racing thursday nights

trying to find info on this club but cant find it on their website...dont state wether its indoors or outdoors and where about it is? any info would be great

Cheers

Xray XB2'17
Xray XT2'17

RcDisco
Spektrum
Hobbywing
Nvision
Kyosho UK
Old 04-03-2012

Default dms

hi im a member at dms we race micro off road 1/10 buggys 2wd & 4wd
with the possibility of short cource and stadium trucks (depending on numbers)
we race indoors on carpet we race at parmiters school high elms lane garston,watford herts dont know the postcode sorry if you go to the dms racing website and click the racing menu this should help you hope this helps i dare say that darren will see this and add any further info i may of missed. hope this helps regards craig
Old 04-03-2012

Wd25 ouu postcode

Last edited by ghostdogg; 04-03-2012 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Wrong postcode
Old 04-03-2012

Default dms

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostdogg View Post
And micros if there is enough! (the class you race in ;-) )
oli read my post properly m8 lol
Old 04-03-2012

Ooops
Old 04-03-2012
Mad Member

Handy map of Mid South Clubs includes DMS
Old 04-03-2012

Make sure you go along! Awesome club with great members who really get stuck in and run by people who really know what they're doing!!!
Old 05-03-2012
oOple Advertiser

Hi Graham,

As others have said already, we still race at Parmiters, every thursday night, off road classes ONLY now and we are about to swithch halls at the venue soon too which will be bigger (slightly), fractionly earlier start time and MUCH better pitting arrangement too.........

More detials on the club can be found here - http://www.modelcarclub.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1768

We also hope to have our own section here on oOple very soon, just waiting on Jimmy getting this done for us ;-)
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 05-03-2012

Cheers guys and thank you darren, has been a long time since ive visited you guys up there....deffo try and pop along soon...what tyres do you recommend to be used up there as only just making the switch from TC

Cheers

Xray XB2'17
Xray XT2'17

RcDisco
Spektrum
Hobbywing
Nvision
Kyosho UK
Old 05-03-2012

Schumacher yellow mini pins
Old 09-03-2012

Hi
I'm moving back home (been in Australia last 12 years) in April, lined up a SX3, looking to race at DMS, my question is about lipos, can you run any lipo as long as they are in a hardcase, as is the case in OZ,
at the moment I'm only going to run club events and I know I'll need BRCA approved lipos to run at BRCA sanctioned events
cheers
Steve
Old 09-03-2012

Like Ben Said, Schumie mini pins are the standard really. Pop up soon Graham!

Andy
Old 09-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnage View Post
Hi
I'm moving back home (been in Australia last 12 years) in April, lined up a SX3, looking to race at DMS, my question is about lipos, can you run any lipo as long as they are in a hardcase, as is the case in OZ,
at the moment I'm only going to run club events and I know I'll need BRCA approved lipos to run at BRCA sanctioned events
cheers
Steve

Will have to get Darren to comment on this one. They must be BRCA legal as you mentioned, and verified as safe to use by the club. They'll receive a Safe lipo sticker which certifies them as ok once they have been inspected. Darren can fill in with the official line though.
Old 10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxygen View Post
Will have to get Darren to comment on this one. They must be BRCA legal as you mentioned, and verified as safe to use by the club. They'll receive a Safe lipo sticker which certifies them as ok once they have been inspected. Darren can fill in with the official line though.
Thanks for the reply
seems to me that BRCA batteries are a bit expensive, looking at £150 for 2, just for club racing,
the ones I'm looking at are these
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ddle_Pack.html
these are great batteries, I've been using the stick pack version for a year now, great performance, no puffing,
and £58 for 2 of these delivered, is a bargain,
Old 12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnage View Post
Thanks for the reply
seems to me that BRCA batteries are a bit expensive, looking at £150 for 2, just for club racing,
I guess comparatively they are expensive, but you've got to remember that should do you for an evenings racing. Think it's worth spending on a decent set of packs if you budget allows. I ran 5 mins practice and two rounds of qualifying with the same pack last week (i dont normally do that, but it's good to know that i can) i'm about to go into my second season with some Vampire packs that are as good as the day I got them.

I cant really comment on the Hobbyking packs never having used them, but i think it's worth making sure that they are "ok to use" at the club (or indeed any club) before you invest.
Old 12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxygen View Post
I guess comparatively they are expensive, but you've got to remember that should do you for an evenings racing. Think it's worth spending on a decent set of packs if you budget allows. I ran 5 mins practice and two rounds of qualifying with the same pack last week (i dont normally do that, but it's good to know that i can) i'm about to go into my second season with some Vampire packs that are as good as the day I got them.

I cant really comment on the Hobbyking packs never having used them, but i think it's worth making sure that they are "ok to use" at the club (or indeed any club) before you invest.
exactly, that's why I'm waiting for Darren's reply before buying them, as for BRCA = decent pack, doesn't wash with me, I've had so many Intellect/ gens ace go "puffy" on me but I've never had a hobbyking lipo go bad on meO
thanks for your input, it's really appreciated as being in Astralia I need the best info on the ground
Steve
Old 12-03-2012
oOple Advertiser

Hi Guys,

Sorry I had missed that there were replies on this thread until today.

We do indeed run to the BRCA rules with regards LIPO's just to keep things simple really.

Not sure if your particular packs are on there or not since I am not familair with them but it is a HUGE comprehensive list nowadays......

Having said that there are some great value for money packs out there on the BRCA list that "wont" cost you a fortune, you dont have to spend £75+ on LIPOs if you dont want to....

HTH

Darren
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 12-03-2012

If you buy direct from hobbyking, i understand you are classed as the importer as you have short circuited the loop that is shop to distributor to manufacturer. This could have implications for you if said imported lipo goes wrong in terms of liability.

I believe there was an instance recently where an imported lipo went up in smoke at an indoor meeting and damaged the carpet :-(

Something to think about before buying !
Old 14-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Boyle View Post
Hi Guys,

Sorry I had missed that there were replies on this thread until today.

We do indeed run to the BRCA rules with regards LIPO's just to keep things simple really.

Not sure if your particular packs are on there or not since I am not familair with them but it is a HUGE comprehensive list nowadays......

Having said that there are some great value for money packs out there on the BRCA list that "wont" cost you a fortune, you dont have to spend £75+ on LIPOs if you dont want to....

HTH

Darren
Thanks Darren
can you point me in the direction of these "cheaper"lipos as all the ones I've seen are around £70+,
ATM I'm finding the price difference a little bit hard to come to terms with
cheers
Steve
Old 14-03-2012

Steve,

Brca list for 2012

http://www.brca.org/sites/default/fi...20v1%20pdf.pdf

Gens ace seem like a cheap option i dont know if these could get the saddles for you

http://www.giantcod.co.uk

Intellect dont seem to have a bad rep !! Check fleebay theres some on there i think

Or keep a eye out in for sale section and try pick up a set or 2 for the price of a new set. Most of the guys on here look after there gear !!!

Last edited by stew_zs; 14-03-2012 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Added bits