Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 20-08-2013

Default After the sv2

Just wondering if anyones heard of a new 2wd buggy from schumacher?? There seem to be alot of SV2s for sale recently. They dont seem to be holding their value as much as only a few months ago either.

Hmmm just wondering, maybe im reading between the lines too much!!
Old 20-08-2013

don't know about a new car, I sold mine and two others sold theirs because we felt other cars seemed to be better at our track.

I would buy another one but only after having a good go with one, guess it is a personal choice but funny that three guys all have the same personal choice.

CARB
Old 20-08-2013

Send a message via MSN to ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARB View Post
don't know about a new car, I sold mine and two others sold theirs because we felt other cars seemed to be better at our track.

I would buy another one but only after having a good go with one, guess it is a personal choice but funny that three guys all have the same personal choice.

CARB
The car that also won there last week..
Old 21-08-2013

I did not say the car not good, I felt that it good and very precise to drive, if you want to meet up at mendip sometime I would be very interested to see your car and discuss the issues I had with mine, pm me if you want my number.
look foward to hearing from you soon

CARB
Old 22-08-2013
Mad Member

I love my SV2. Minute set-up changes make big differences which I have never really noticed on any other 2wd buggy I have owned.

My results are getting better with it each time I run it and in the time that I have had it I have only broken a ball end and pulled the thread out of a rose joint.

If there is a new car on the way I personally can't wait to get my hands on one. Personally though I think it's that time of year when everybody starts changing cars in preparation for winter.

Some people change chassis as soon as something new comes out thinking it is the best thing since sliced bread, and then you see a lot of them on sale on oople three weeks later.

Robert Jaques, Schumacher Racing KC, K2. Team Associated SC5M

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles
Old 22-08-2013

I know where you are coming from with the adjustments, but have found that on the mendip track the layout changes for each meeting, with this some of the layouts the we have had ,i found that the SV2 just could not cope with the off chamber turns and uneven surface.

I have looked at your track and it looks great but nothing like the mendip.

regards

carb
Old 22-08-2013

I run the setup Simon Moss posted on the Sv2 Setup thread.

The silverstone winter series from 2012. Works really well around worm, the only difference is I'm running the HD diaphrams, core springs (blue front green rear).

I usually run ballistic whites on the rear in the dry, not schuey yellows.
Old 22-08-2013

hi there
yes I have tried that set up any chance of meeting up at worm sometime
carb
Old 22-08-2013

I'm at most of the club series events at worm!

Do you attend the Sunday meetings?
Old 22-08-2013

hi
no, I missed this round which was just my luck as you were driving the SV2

I would like to set up the track to the way it was and see what you think so being at a meeting would not really work

Neale
Old 23-08-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
I know where you are coming from with the adjustments, but have found that on the mendip track the layout changes for each meeting, with this some of the layouts the we have had ,i found that the SV2 just could not cope with the off chamber turns and uneven surface.

I have looked at your track and it looks great but nothing like the mendip.

regards

carb
My comments aren't based on one track though, the car has been good at all the tracks I have raced on this year (Including the RHR dirt track). Set up changes between tracks have been minimal to. A wheel base change and maybe a stiffer or softer oils depending on grip levels are all I ever need to change between different tracks. Everything else pretty much has stayed the same.

We change the layout at A1 periodically. The current layout does have some off camber corners though and I haven't noticed my car struggling around them. Maybe they are not as extreme as the ones at mendip? ANy pictures of mendip track anywhere?

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles
Old 23-08-2013

did someone mention Worm and track photos
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122964
~Schumacher KF2~
~Schumacher Atom~
~BSR Basher-RallyX~
~Ascociated RC8.2e RallyX~
~TeamC T8EV3 RallyX~
phat bodies
worm-racing
http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk
Old 24-08-2013
Mad Member

Looks mint! Same it's too far away from me for a visit though.

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles
Old 24-08-2013

hi
it is a great track, the images do not show the undulations or the elevation change, I guess the highest point is almost 30 feet above the straight and from the rostrum you look up to the highest point which is to the far right of the photo.

regards

carb
Old 25-08-2013

Default this is a really odd thread

This is a really odd thread IMHO - and I do not say this as any criticism.

I have a DEX210 - whose chassis I have lengthened, and which I regrettably get little time to race.

I've seen all makes of car going really well - often Cougars. I personally like Schumacher cars - the problem is that I am jinxed with them - I like the idea of supporting British products too - which makes it a shame.

There is a real element of people buying flavour of the month continually, and a lack of patience in setting up and understanding a car. the top ten drivers at good clubs, regional, national and international level have a knack of getting the best out of there car, and their results tend to reflect driver and set up skills as opposed to car vis a vis - in other words the likes of Neil Cragg, Bloomfield, and MArtin will win with whatever car they use.

Your money is best spent on getting more tyres than anything else. I notice this trend an awful lot with TC cars in particular

Last edited by Loheswaran; 25-08-2013 at 10:33 PM. Reason: typos
Old 26-08-2013

I am pleased that you have added your comments, as we have the same two cars being a SV2 and a DEX210, and like the Schumacher for the very same reasons.

The car has trouble on fast undulations going in a straight line and landing jumps, I have even noticed on the Schumacher you tube video for the SV2 that you can hear the car hitting the ground and this what it does at my track.
Old 26-08-2013

Quote:

On layouts where it fails I have practiced and practiced trying all the set ups on the Schumacher site and the petit one as well but to no success.

The car has trouble on fast undulations going in a straight line and landing jumps, I have even noticed on the Schumacher you tube video for the SV2 that you can hear the car hitting the ground and this what it does at my track, where the DEX210 lands with out any noises so is not hitting the ground.
So its bottoming out.. Change to smaller/ less holed pistons, your lack of set up knowledge is no reason to moan that 1 car is better than another....sorry

Compositekit.co.uk
Trishbits
Old 26-08-2013

You will find any setup for silverstone to be very low as it is very flat and fast compared to most places thats why the decks hitting the floor alot my dex210 chassis has guages and that in it from running low you would be better with a setup from a place like stotfold
Old 26-08-2013

Is it a problem if the car bottoms out on jumps? Especially the bigger ones? Sorry if its a dumb question, I'm kinda new to rc. If u set up the car for jumps then wouldnt that compromise other areas like cornering etc?
Old 26-08-2013

On a flat track like silverstone you set it low and damage you chassis on bumpy tracks such as grass mud and outdoor astro you raise it up and go slower round corners