Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bedfordshire RC Model Car Club

Old 07-03-2010

Default 1/18th gearing

looking for some advice on gearing for the ftx changed to a pro motor last week and started out with a 12/45 but had mesh problems so went back to 16/45 and burnt the new motor clean out you can probably still smell it in the hall also what gearing should be used on a 6000 brushless system
cheers guys

anybody got any views on 1/8th schumacher swifts and how old they are please
Old 07-03-2010
oOple Advertiser

Craig, i'm not sure how "wild" the motor is that you are using but I can tell you that on my Mongoose 10.5 I run 10/49. If I ran a 12 pinion on a 45 spur i'd fry it inside of 2 minutes.

I think you can only buy the spurs in packets of 3, which include a 41, kit 45 and a 49 but i'm not 100 per cent sure on that one. The pinions I use are RW Racing and can be bought from Microtech Racing but you'll have to check the size of the shaft on your motor as I think it's a different size to the Mongoose pinions.

I can remember the Swift from at least 4 years ago so they are quite old, a friend of mine ran one for a year and then swapped to the Hong Nor.
Old 07-03-2010

thank you very much for your advice ill get some parts on order