Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 04-01-2013

Default Exotek Alloy Rear Hubs for DEX210

Hi,

I've fitted the Exotek hubs and found there's a small issue with mine. I found the bearing spacing is out slightly causing the bearing to get pitched together when the wheel is fully tightened so it feels tight. To resolve it I had put shims on the axle where the outer bearing (nearest the wheel) sits, its now nice and free.

Other than this small issue I'd recommend them to anyone as outdoor the standard hubs can get grass caught in them due to the clearance between the hub and inner wheel which is annoying.
Old 04-01-2013
Mad Member

does this mean you'll be running an almost completely different car on sunday?
plastic longer chassis, alloy rear hubs, cab forward body, the works?
Old 04-01-2013

I also run the Exotek rear hubs but im using the Tresrey Alloy hexes. They come with a spacer set that i have used also and found there to be little drift in the drive shaft, but it certainly doesn't pinch.

Are you running the Durango Hexes ?
Old 04-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo90 View Post
I also run the Exotek rear hubs but im using the Tresrey Alloy hexes. They come with a spacer set that i have used also and found there to be little drift in the drive shaft, but it certainly doesn't pinch.

Yep, they're old wheels so when you are tightening them up pin keepers getting squashed into the wheel more and more until it starts pushing the hex into the bearings. That's going to happen over time woth all the wheels but even then the bearings shouldnt be getting pinched together as the crush tube to stop it is machined as part of the axle. They must have got the tolerances out slightly as I only needed 2 Associated shims each side. Now I can tighten them as much as I want, also there's virtually no end float.
Old 04-01-2013

As long as you have taken out 99% of the slack then the jobs a good'un

Last edited by jo90; 04-01-2013 at 01:24 PM. Reason: stupid shift key
Old 04-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo90 View Post

Yep, they're old wheels so when you are tightening them up pin keepers getting squashed into the wheel more and more until it starts pushing the hex into the bearings. That's going to happen over time woth all the wheels but even then the bearings shouldnt be getting pinched together as the crush tube to stop it is machined as part of the axle. They must have got the tolerances out slightly as I only needed 2 Associated shims each side. Now I can tighten them as much as I want, also there's virtually no end float.
Old 04-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroP View Post
does this mean you'll be running an almost completely different car on sunday?
plastic longer chassis, alloy rear hubs, cab forward body, the works?
Yup, still waiting for TD to get their arse on gear and get the proper shell in stock. I've had to use my old one until then.