Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 21-04-2011

Default Hello

Hi, i can't seem to find a Newbie shction of the forum (maybe i'm not looking hard enough) so seeing as I am mainly interested in 1/10 touring car, I figured I'd say hi in here

I have just bought a Mi1 with the intention of starting racing again after 12 years of not racing.

Trying to get my head round the lipo and brushless setups are a steep curve. . .
Old 21-04-2011
Mad Member

alright buddy nice to see people getting back in to the hobby, i got back in a couple of years ago and had the same problems didnt know what was what,

what class are you looking to run in stock or modified?theres so much choice these days it can be hard to choose especially if you have a large budget.
if your just looking to get started (budget kit) the ezrun systems are worth a look there really good value for money theres the odd person who has not used 1 right n broken it n blamed poo work man ship on them but there basicly the same esc as the speed passion inspire.if you do look at these go on ebay

as for lipos have a shop around dont go second hand on these as they are easy to ruin and people will sell them that way.
also with the lipos you want 1 with a 20c rating or higher the better.you will also need a lipo compatible charger i use a imax b6 there about £20 but do the job never had any problems.
Old 21-04-2011

Hi,

Whoops,
I bought a trakpower 3200 lipo off ebay second hand. . .
i'll see if its poop when it gets here, I have also ordered a B6 charger from HK.
I only shelled out 20 each for those 2 so if the pack is no good its not the end of the world.

I'm going to be running stock class on carpet, 27t brushed motor, cirrus esc, control tyres (sorex). the car is almost ready, all i have left is to paint the shell
Old 21-04-2011
Mad Member

when the battery comes discharge it with the b6 down to 3v per cell then charge it on a balance charge and that will give you a rough value on the mah it will take,also if there is no shrink wrap on it pop the case open and check the cells to make sure they arnt bubbling it should be flat n smooth to the contents.

if you want to try brushless 13.5t is equivalent to 27turn stock but its more economical so better run times + its faster too
Old 21-04-2011

I'll do that when it all turns up. I think i'm going to hold off from going brushless for a little while till i get my thumbs back in and the wallet filled. . .
This is how my car is looking at the mo.