Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > Events Organiser > 10th Off Road Events

Old 29-10-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonRider View Post
RANT START

Just purchased 2 sets ready for this event (1 set for me and a set for the boy)

NUTS

Anybody want some NIP Turf Rippers.

RANT OVER

Looking forward to this event should be great. A lot happier that the tyre rule has been opened up.

See you all next month.
Me too

These new indoor dboots tyres are commercially available so outlaw them?
Old 29-10-2011

I think this is a shit decision . With everyone on the same tyres its all down to setup and skill and give the people with not a lot of money to spend a good days fun racing. And as for the people moaning about the tyres that supposedly don't work, tell them to go somewhere else because with 120+ booked in who knew the rules from the start there are plenty of people who want to race.
Old 29-10-2011

What are people running now then ???? Just the usual mini pins spikes etc

If u can't beat them join them
Old 29-10-2011
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudders View Post
Great for 2 rounds!, did you see my pink rears?
Pinks indoors Neil??? Are you mad??? LOL

Whites (or maybe Blue) all the way indoors if chosen from the Ballistic range, but not the softest compound designed to run on dirt (pink)..
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 30-10-2011

TURF RIPPERS are exactly that, they rip turf, not carpet or slippery bits

whoever chose these as an indoor control tyre needs some serious rethinking to do

Surely you didn't even have to test them locally to prove that.....Surely?
Old 30-10-2011
Mad Member

If there is anyone that doesn't want to go now I'm sure people on the reserve list will be happy to take your place. Just do the kind thing & cancel in time to let them make their arrangements
Old 30-10-2011

Glad i aint taken mine out of the packet, they will be going back
as for people moaning about the tyres (yes i was one) EVERYONE would have been in the same boat, i do belive it's called a level playing field
as for those that brought some to test, oh well, such is life, but really it aint the worst thing in the world, just about everyone who is booked in has either mini pins or D boots
Old 30-10-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
I think this is a xxx decision . With everyone on the same tyres its all down to setup and skill and give the people with not a lot of money to spend a good days fun racing. And as for the people moaning about the tyres that supposedly don't work, tell them to go somewhere else because with 120+ booked in who knew the rules from the start there are plenty of people who want to race.
It was the organisers that decided not to run the tyres, because they don't work indoors!!!! not because of people moaning!!!

The event was full so everyone had accepted the control tyres, but if it means a decent race by running the correct tyres its the best thing that could happen!
Old 30-10-2011

Angry

I would hope that someone organising a major indoor off road event would know if a certain tyre works or not from the start
Old 30-10-2011
Mad Member

TBH most people i've spoken to booked in for this despite there being a crappy control tyre stipulation. we all knew it would be a great meeting as we've been to them before. the 2008GP was Epic

yes it would have been the same for everyone (crap) but the top guys would still win! surely its better for everyone to be able to use tyres that work so you can concentrate on racing rather than just having to work hard just trying to get your car round! and yes when i saw some turd rippers being tested indoors a couple of weeks ago they did look THAT BAD!

i'm happy for a few quid to go to Help for Heroes & i hope everybody else feels the same. if it wasn't for the sacrifices these guys make then maybe none of us would even have the freedom to race toy cars! let alone worry about not getting a set of free tyres that wont even work at this meeting!
Old 30-10-2011
oOple Advertiser

These tyres would NOT have made it a level playing field they would have merely made the gap between the top drivers and the bottom drivers bigger. Control tyres are great, especially when they are included in the entry fee, but they do actually have to work or it becomes pointless.

Good decision by the organisers, just a few weeks later than it should have been though
Old 30-10-2011

Ok guys rant over. The gp will be awesome and of course I will not be requiring any money back ,as showtime says let's give to a good cause.
Old 30-10-2011

Can they really buy turf rippers at £3.00? that,s one hell of a mark up on the RRP!!
Perhaps Ballistic buggy or Schumacher racing would like to sponsor the event or offer a discounted tyre price.
Still attending though
Old 31-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by wylie View Post
Can they really buy turf rippers at £3.00? that,s one hell of a mark up on the RRP!!
Perhaps Ballistic buggy or Schumacher racing would like to sponsor the event or offer a discounted tyre price.
Still attending though

CML were providing the tyres at a discounted rate as part of there sponsorship of the MKGP.

I wish we could buy them for £1.50 a pair to sell in the shop but sadly they cost us a lot more than that....

Marc
Old 31-10-2011

Send a message via MSN to scorch
Thumbs up All about the tyres!

Yep cant have been an easy decision to make...really looking forward to this meet..wonda if Modelsport willallow tyre exchanges????
Old 31-10-2011

With it being open tyres now people who are going to another indoor race will be able to use the tyres as most tracks use yellows even if this is an open tyre event
Old 31-10-2011
LeeOtard

If anyone thinks £15 for a days racing is over price then I think your crazy....
How many other activities around the world are this cheap?

Many extremely well supported hobbies cost a lot more!

Support your hobby, stop trying to batten it down...what would you pay to race outdoor? £8? For a track that's already set up and needs minimal funds to run for the day...
I would pay another £7 to be warm and attending a meeting that's filled with a great depth of drivers....

Anyway, I think this choice is perfect. The tire may have made the event bad for more people than it would have pleased. You can still use your turf rippers outdoors? They will never wear out that's for sure!
It's going to be a pin or spike tire, which we all have anyway!!!!
Old 31-10-2011
oOple Advertiser

Lee Martin, good morning to you too!! LOL
I think you are right. £15 for a big indoor event is fine - Actually it's £12 now - LOL

I normally pay more than that to get to the event and at least the venue is not changing some 150 miles away
Old 31-10-2011

We raced out doors yesterday in the rain and paid £10.00 so in the dry and warm is well worth £15.00 and the fact we can now use tyres we have all raced on indoors is a bonus The top guys will be quick running on rims with out tyres on so will be good to watch them if nothing else...
Old 31-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeTony View Post
I think you are right. £15 for a big indoor event is fine - Actually it's £12 now - LOL
I agree £15, or even £12, is fine.

However it is also true that for those who purchase tyres at retail prices the cost of attending the event has actually just increased by approximately £12. (The cost of a set of tyres minus £3)

Just an observation.