Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 14-04-2016

Default Apex

I have always found Apex and Richard really helpful. I think for every bad experience there are far more good and we don't generally tend to post about that.

JE has live stock so if you need something quickly go to the JE site. Apex has good prices but can take longer.

At the end of the day these small independent model shops are ALL really important to us so lets back em instead of slagging them.
Old 14-04-2016
Mad Member

I ordered a part last week, they told me that there were some issues at their end and that is should be posted by this Tuesday and I got an ebay notification that it is on the way. So not problem with communication for me. (It was all via ebay messages).

I normally use Demon or MB but these guys had parts that the others do not stock.
Old 14-04-2016

seems a bit of to and fro here.i rang them on thursday last week to check a part in stock.answered immed and had item.i paid over phone and had item next morning.i dont normally use them but could not get stock in my usual shop.so....maybe there running a tight ship and cannot fulfil there orders in time.

http://www.westernvalleymodels.co.uk/

• TLR 22-4
  • TEAM C TM4
  • LOSI MINI 8 FULLY HOPPED UP
  • GT12 S1
  • HPI FIRE STORM
  • TRAXXAS KEN BLOCK GYMKANHA
  • Carisma Nissan Skyline GT
  • DJI P3
  • FIRDBIRD STRATOS
Old 14-04-2016

Always had great service from Apex but when they changed the website I could either not find what I was after or was not in stock. Used MB, Demon and Fusion ever since
Old 16-04-2016

I have brought a few bits from them over the past couple of months, and been OK overall. I did struggle getting them on the phone one time, but absolutely fine on email
Old 17-04-2016

Default stock

maybe because they sell in such high volume the 2 websites don't keep the stock levels bang on.
because if you buy off there website or ebay might take a day for the stock level to update.
think overall they give very good service and i never had a problem ordering from them
Old 18-04-2016

Default Great Service

I had brilliant service from them and drove over 70 miles as that is the nearest stockist of Schumacher parts for me. Had great contact throughout email and not ebay.
Old 19-04-2016

stock errors can and do happen, I know from personal experience that its not easy to run ebay site, website and commercial premises such as shop,

its sods law that you have 1 of something left and within miutes of each other someone will buy it in the shop, on the site and on ebay LOL

its very sad that I have to buy everything online, I hate not being able to drive to a model shop and browse, to buy things that I didnt know I needed/wanted or could afford LOL

while I do understand that its important to lots of people to save some money, if you have a local shop then please do all you can to support it, because once its gone you will realise just how much you miss it, and how frustrating it is to have to wait days fora simple part thats stopping you enjoying your hobby

I was about to order some bits from apex via Ebay, now Im considering going direct to schumacher, slightly more expensive but Im in a hurry LOL
RC10B74 Maclan powered

#rcoctane
#teamrcoctane
Old 19-04-2016
Mad Member

Default Service

Once again had a good service from Apex, ordered on thursday 3pm, full order arrived on saturday via Apex website. This is simply by checking stock levels on JE website before ordering.

I think the main thing that everyone should remember is if you are in a hurry use JE Models website as it is LIVE stock and does take priority over Apex dispatch.

Apex IS NOT LIVE stock

Just echoing what others have already said 'Support your model shops'
As it will be a lot harder to enjoy the hobby if they go, we will be waiting for parts to arrive from abroad which will definately take longer than Apex LMAO!

From the seing first hand the staff working behind the counter at Apex i'm very sure that Apex provides MANY more perfect transactions than the few bad ones we hear about here as I have never been into the shop and seen any of the staff stand still, they are always running around picking orders.

I think it comes down more to personal checking when ordering which will eliminate any issues.

Keep up the hard work Apex
Old 19-04-2016

I agree with Zippy above. I remember one customer service course saying that if you have good service you'll tell between 1 and 3 people. If you have bad you'll tell 10+

Well I think supporting these small, independent retailers is something we must continue to do. All places make mistakes in logistics. I've had those from other shops but I don't feel the need to blast them. Yes you may need those parts in a hurry for the weekend but that isn't anyone's fault. There will be errors made by all retailers.

Have you never made an error at work?
Every Thursday evening from 6:30pm and alternate Sundays.

Check out http://shrccc.co.uk
Follow us on:

Facebook - Surrey and Hants Radio Control Car Club
Twitter - @surreyhantsrc
Old 19-04-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

So - are items listed on eBay not live stock?

Small shops live and die buy their service - if there wasn't something wrong people would not be commenting. I don't see any threads about waiting over a week for parts from MB for example?

Custom Painted Bodyshells by me ! www.shillyshells.co.uk

http://www.shillyshells.co.uk
Old 19-04-2016
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andys View Post
So - are items listed on eBay not live stock?

Small shops live and die buy their service - if there wasn't something wrong people would not be commenting. I don't see any threads about waiting over a week for parts from MB for example?

Yes that's correct, the Apex eBay shop is not live stock, however if you look at the estimated delivery time on ebay from Apex it gives them enough time to order the goods and get them to you within the given time, I have posted the following comment fairly recently 'why order from eBay when we know ordering directly from the shop will be cheaper'

Don't get me wrong MB & Inside line have always provided an awsome service, Ross & Micheal do take some beating as a team for customer service.

It's toy cars, personally when I returned to the sport after 23 years I was shocked to find that most spares were back order and normally took the good part of 2 weeks unless you were lucky, I decide to have enough spares to make sure I can get through with both of my sons racing, if they break something it's replaced from my spares straight away, when I get home from the meeting I order a replacement, I am rarely caught out without a spare to get them back out on the track not to mention helping out others at meetings.

This is my way of keeping them racing and I appreciate not all would see my way to be the correct way but I don't get stressed that my sons can't race due to missing parts or waiting for parts.

As I said in my earlier posts it's each to their own approach to how they stock for their hobby, a little thought goes a long way and more laps.
Old 19-04-2016

Used to use apex years ago for buggy spares ie Schumacher 2000
And losi xx
Never had problem used to phone order pay get next day
Ordered of eBay had in two days
Old 19-04-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Zippy.

Don't like to bat on about something so trivial - but you are wrong. The items I ordered from e-bay were listed as 'economy delivery' which was stated as Royal Mail 2nd class.

I ordered the parts on Sunday night (from eBay as it's easier to pay / checkout etc and find what you need) - never occurred to me to look on Apex site - or even less to check JE!

Almost 2 weeks laster - my parts arrived. I did get a 'sorry it's delayed response when I chased up the parts - but still it's not ideal.

Also - I (as most racers I know) carry plenty of spares - I have just started racing a different class (TC Cars at MB Raceway) and needed the parts. Irony was the next time I went to MB - they were back in stock - but i'd already paid Apex.... and had to just wait.

I shop at MB almost all of the time and it was just an eye opener to see what happens when I tried to get parts elsewhere - many lessons learned

Old 19-04-2016
Mad Member

Hi
I agree the second class postage but that's not what I was pointing out. If you look at their given despatch time it says

'Will usually dispatch within 4 working days'

This is where they get their time and still meet the ebay delivery time.

I posted something by 2nd class recorded mail on the 11th april, it only got delivered today, after talking to royal mail they told me that they allow upto 15days for this service, I was always under the impression that its 3-5 days

Potentially that means your order can take upto 19 days from order date.

Im not saying anyone is right or wrong im just trying to help out to make your next experience better than this unfortunate one wether it be Apex, JE, MB or anyone else.

Wish you all the best with your racing
Old 19-04-2016

I ordered some bits off apex on ebay a while ago, they took forever, turns out they didn't even stock them, I emailed them and they said as soon as it's in they'll upgrade postage to first class. That was me successfully fobbed off because it eventually arrived second class. Not being funny but when order something I kinda want it either for the weekend or the next weekend, not 2 weeks later

Compositekit.co.uk
Trishbits
Old 19-04-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Sounds like my experience - when I chased up my order I was told 'sorry' we have had some problems and my order would be 'upgraded' to 1st class postage.

Guess what - it was posted 2nd class...

Old 03-05-2016
Mad Member

i think the amount of negative feedback on ebay says it all, 46 in a month, plus 41 neutral, amazed they are allowed to trade on there
Old 21-07-2016

On the contrary I buy a tonne of stuff from Apex and have no problems whatsoever with them *touch wood* .......

there was once I had a problem with the delivery but they answered my email within a couple of hours ......

Apex gets my thumbs up as a supplier for my racing needs .......

RC Blogger and Enthusiast
Mad about Orb Racing and FWD RCs