Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > North East

Old 10-06-2012

BIG thanks to all at Batley for a great day.........
Old 10-06-2012

I know that the drivers briefing said not to post about the meeting on the forum, but I just wanted to say a big thank you to Batley Buggy Club and inparticular Dianne for running such a great meeting today. Perfectly organised, and a really enjoyable track.
Old 10-06-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin A View Post
I know that the drivers briefing said not to post about the meeting on the forum,
by this
CFR RCTV Channel
Glenn Atterton

BRCA 2005 1/10th Off-Road Veterans Champion
LMP12 National Champion 2003/2004 / F3 class
Old 10-06-2012

I think the request not to use the forum was more directed at any negative feedback - the positive feedback is always welcome - especially to those at the club that put in the hard work - it does make you feel that the effort is worthwhile.

We were very fortunate with the weather today, and the rain came a little later than forecast, but I am pleased that it did not affect the meeting - it came as a real downpour and looks as though it is here to stay for a while.

Let's hope we are as fortunate for the 4wd meeting in August.
Old 11-06-2012

My wife and I would just like to thank the Batley crew (I'm down with the kids) for putting up such a amazing event. I think the trying to finish by 3pm was a massive success. I think that the rules that were put into place for the marshalls to wait untill the next marshall releaved you was an amazing change but it really worked well and should be looked into adding for future events.

I could not complete in my final due to a massive crash the heat before which killed my steering. But other then this it was a great day out.

I would also like to give a massive shout out to who ever was allowing me to use there plugs to charge my cars... a BIG THANKS from me to you.
Old 12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentVisser View Post
I think that the rules that were put into place for the marshalls to wait untill the next marshall releaved you was an amazing change but it really worked well and should be looked into adding for future events.
The rule is not new Vincent, it is used at National events and some clubs use it at Regionals and other events.

There should always be a marshal at the point even if it is the same marshal from the previous heat so there is no disadvantage to the drivers racing. At a National meeting, if a driver is late to replace the marshal they are given a penalty and if a marshal leaves their point before being replaced by the next marshal then they incur a penalty.

You will have also noticed that we use the same rule as at Nationals for drivers on the rostrum - once up there, you stay until the end of the race - again this is to avoid lots of movement on the rostrum from drivers going up and down the stairs during a race - which can affect the concentration of the other drivers. This is also why the next heat of drivers have to stay at the bottom of the stairs until the previous heat have finished.

We incorporate these rules as we feel that it helps to bring organisation and consistency to the bigger meetings.