Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/10th OFF ROAD

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29-05-2017

Default How stop slipper pads from slipping/glazing?

Hi all

Well, short story is, I have a BSR BZ444 (What the hell is that you may ask!) which is essentially a Team C T4/TC04, so basically the same backend/slipper as the TM2.

These were known for having pretty crappy slipper pads and it totally did, unless it was set to locked out without any slip they would give up after a few races and even when locked out they would give up after a few months.

Thats why RW Racing released a spur gear for the TM2 that allowed you to use slipper pads from Schumacher/Durango/AE etc. So I got one of these with some fresh Schumacher slipper pads...

4 races later the pads have glazed over and slipping like mad. I've not been racing for forever but in my 3 years I've never had issues with slipper pads & never even needed to replace any on my previous cars, so not sure whats the best way of fixing this issue?

I did notice the metal slipper hub was very smooth & shiny (I didnt touch this when fitting the new pads) so I have roughed this up slightly with some scotch pad.

Should I be attacking the slipper hub with some fine wet/dry paper? If so, what grade?