Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > North East

Old 26-05-2009
Super Moderator

Default The OFFICIAL RHR/YORCC NE Regional Thread

Link to venue website:

http://www.robinhoodraceway.com/

York Off-Road Car Club
BRCA North East 1/10 Off-Road Regional
at
Robin Hood Raceway (Blyth)
4wd on Saturday 13th June
and
2wd on Sunday 14th June 2009

Post Code S81 8EU – Sat Nav:- N53.36861 W1.03162 – 1 mile from Blyth on A634, just off A1. If arriving via the A1 turn off at junction 34 towards Blyth – in Blyth at first junction turn left - go under A1 and bear right at next junction (follow road) about half a mile on turn left into Robin Hood Raceway. When leaving the site take great care when turning onto highway.

THE VENUE:-
A 4 acre site just off the public road (B634). The site is flat , level, free draining and regularly mown. Gents and Ladies toilets are available as is a chemical toilet disposal point. This is just the beginning of the development of the much loved original Worksop Club venue. Much work (and financial investment) has gone into the venue over the last 12 months (only about 10 metres of the original track remain), and it is intended to continue this track and facility development.

CATERING:-
Will be available on site from Sandy’s Griddle from early Saturday onwards.

CAMPING/CARAVANNING (Friday/Saturday night):-
Is available at a small charge of £1.00 per unit per night.

PARKING:- Please park where directed. No caravans, motorhomes or large vans to be parked in the area facing the rostrum. Parking arrangements will be more defined on the weekend.

LOCAL ACCOMMODATION:-
2 miles from track . . . . . . . . BLYTH TRAVELODGE: 08719 846123 and services, fuel and Burger King available
7.5 miles from track . . . . . . WORKSOP TRAVELODGE: 08719 846184
7 miles from track . . . . . . . . RETFORD TRAVELODGE: 08719 846098
1 mile from track . . . . . . . . . ANGEL INN, High Street, Blyth S81 8EN: 01909 591213
FOURWAYS INN, High Street, Blyth S81 8EW: 01909 591235
2 miles from track . . . . . . . . CHARNWOOD HOTEL: Sheffield Rd, Worksop S81 8HF 0109 591610
1.5 miles from track . . . . . . GEORGE & DRAGON (B & B), 01302 711840

LOCAL INFORMATION
When staying in the area of
ROBIN HOOD RACEWAY

www.robinhoodraceway.com / www.helliwells.com

Local Amenities
The nearest small grocery shop is the Co-op in Blyth, turn right (A634) out of the site entrance, follow the main road under the A1 for approx. 1 mile into the village of Blyth to the T-junction, turn left and the shop is 400yds on your right. This also accommodates the Post Office and has a Post Box outside.

There are several pubs and eating places in Blyth, the White Swan across the village green diagonally opposite the shop is popular. Right turn from the T-junction are the Fourways Inn (which also has accommodation - 01909591213), the Red Hart and the Angel Inns (has accommodation - 01909591235). Further up this road is the A1 junction 34 (Blyth) roundabout, with Moto services, petrol, Travelodge, café etc.

Torworth (directions in emergency section) is so small, if you blink, you’ll have missed it, there is a good pub in the village though – The Huntsman. One mile north along the A638 mentioned above is Ranskill - there is an excellent fish and chip shop here, right at the traffic lights and village shop with Post Office and cash point machine.

Incidently, if you or your guests like country walks, turn left from the single track lane as before onto the A638, then immediate right down to Daneshill Lakes, one mile from this junction just over the railway crossing and to the right where there is free parking and a 100 acre lake that you can walk around. Fishing tickets with licence are available when the warden is in residence. The 9 mile circular Millennium footpath also passes RHR camping ground.

Back on the A638, beyond Ranskill, driving for 1 mile is Scrooby, birthplace of William Brewster, one of the Pilgrim Fathers, there is a pub/eating place on the main road of the same name which is also very popular and a B&B - The Old George & Dragon (01302 711840).

Another 2 miles and you are in the 12th century port of Bawtry, a lively, bustling tiny town which has diverse shops, all sorts of cafes, banks, pubs, petrol station, chemist, a Co-op, Phoenix theatre, library, Cooplands bakery (excellent bread, cakes, hot steak pies etc), a butcher, a greengrocery stall at its centre, hairdressers, fish and chip shop, and all in one mile of main street around a rectangular square. It is so easy to park, although parking charges apply.

10 miles further north on the A638 is Doncaster with famous Dome sports centre – swimming, ice skating, gymnasium etc., a VUE 10 screen cinema, just off the main road and signposted, 10 pin bowling alley, McDonalds, Lakeside Shopping Centre and of course, Doncaster Racecourse, home of the St. Leger. You will also have passed the newly opened Robin Hood Doncaster/ Sheffield airport turning on the way, and Yorkshire Caravans of Bawtry too. (for spares, etc.)

1 mile South of Torworth on the A638 is Barnby Moor, the Old Bell Hotel is here, a very pleasant watering hole, lovely log fires in the winter in elegant surroundings. And Olivers restaurant at the White Horse pub 150m round the corner.

4 miles further south on the A638 is Retford, a local market town, (open markets with local produce in the town centre on Thursdays and Saturdays). Take the 2nd exit at the roundabout and park in Morrisons car park £1 for 3 hours, easy stroll over the River Idle bridge into the town centre.

Also in the area:-
Clumber park 5 miles south on the A1, then left onto new slip road following A614 sign round two roundabouts; 1/2mile to 4,000acres of National Trust parkland, café and shop.
Rufford country park and lakes, with mill, ford, craft and outdoorwear shops and café, 14 miles south, also on the A614.
Lincoln cathedral and castle, approx 24 miles east.
Chatsworth House and gardens 32 miles west.
The Lincolnshire seaside coast is 42 miles distant.
Fishing – Scrooby Top 2 miles + breakfast café from 7am, & Hallcroft 4 miles.
Styrrup – Golf Driving range 3 miles.
Retford Sports Centre – swimming, squash, badminton,.etc.
Clay pigeon shooting lessons – Henry Helliwell British/European Champion and Coach.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those that don't know the track, here's a vid of us trying it a couple of weeks ago:

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24197

This will be a good chance for non NE drivers to get some practise in for the National later in the year. There will be guest heats running if the demand is big enough.

You are not allowed to race and score points in two regional series. If you do try and score points in both you will be removed from both championships. If anyone wants to race in the guest heats please let me know and I'll put you on the list - I'll need all the usual details - Name, BRCA number, Formula, Xtals, PT number.

Hopefully we'll also get enough people to run a truck heat on the Saturday!

Anyway, I think I've covered everything, if not just ask questions here Sorry for the long thread.

G
Old 03-06-2009
Super Moderator

Any more entries for the guest heats on Saturday Sunday pm me with your details

G
Old 04-06-2009
Legendary dude

is trucks on both days.
Old 08-06-2009
Super Moderator

John, Truck is only on 2wd day, Sunday.

G
Old 08-06-2009
Super Moderator

Just a word of warning, online booking in for this event will close on Wednesday! So be quick if you want to enter.

G
Old 08-06-2009
Mad Member

are there any pictures for this venue knocking about please?? i jsut had a quick look at the website but i couldnt really see much. just curious
Old 08-06-2009
RHR RACING

Send a message via MSN to James

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceMike View Post
are there any pictures for this venue knocking about please?? i jsut had a quick look at the website but i couldnt really see much. just curious
Theres a video on the video page ofthe clubs website that shows the track etc so far..

We wanted to make it a bit prettier and finish things off more before we put any photos up really....
Old 08-06-2009
Smirnoff Ice dancer

Send a message via MSN to ben

Looks much better in the sun

Have you seen the video James helliwell did?

Ben
Old 08-06-2009
Mad Member

WOW!! thats gunna be interestin, good to get some practice though with the car. cant wait!!
Old 08-06-2009
Legendary dude

i cant make sunday is there no chance i can race in the non reg heat with my truck on saturday
Old 08-06-2009
Mad Member

anyone got a rough setup for a b44 that they can pm me. jsut so i know where to start from for my car before i get there thanks
Old 08-06-2009
Lee-Mag

I would go with the generic b44 setup, this is the tracks first meeting, so nobody should have a setup in theory

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 08-06-2009
Mad Member

yer but every type of astro is different, it could be like southport astro for all i know with miles of grip so the standard setup wouldnt be good at all for me. sure someone with a b44 will have run on the track already.
Old 08-06-2009
Mad Member

Hi guys, may have missed it somewhere so apologies if I have but what time will booking in be from and do you guys have practise in heat order??

How many heats are you looking at for the day as well?? Been invited to a leaving 'do' on the Saturday so trying to estimate timings etc.....

I know I don't ask for much!!
Old 08-06-2009
Smirnoff Ice dancer

Send a message via MSN to ben

Quote:
yer but every type of astro is different, it could be like southport astro for all i know with miles of grip so the standard setup wouldnt be good at all for me. sure someone with a b44 will have run on the track already.
Ive had a couple of laps round with my B44.. grip levels are perfect with the standard setup
You'll be fine!!

Oh and you guy's will love the track! Well i hope so anyway
Old 08-06-2009
Mad Member

yer im lookin forward to it :P gunna be a laugh :P
Old 08-06-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
yer im lookin forward to it :P gunna be a laugh :P

Glad you decided to come mate!! 2 early starts for us in 2 days!
Old 08-06-2009
Mad Member

jonesy im enjoyin my racing again so much more wit ya there mate i wouldnt miss it. just relax an have fun ant it like. an its comedy when the green monster comes out.
Old 08-06-2009
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
Hi guys, may have missed it somewhere so apologies if I have but what time will booking in be from and do you guys have practise in heat order??

How many heats are you looking at for the day as well?? Been invited to a leaving 'do' on the Saturday so trying to estimate timings etc.....

I know I don't ask for much!!

Booking in from 8-ish Jonesy, not in heat order as there are usually still some people that book in on the morning. But it will probably be just one 5 minute run ticketed.

Looks like we'll have at least 7 heats at the moment, maybe 8.

G
Old 08-06-2009
Mad Member

guessin there is just gunna be one guest heat?? so i get to fight that team orange again!!