Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Titchfield Off Road Club Hants

Old 15-03-2013

Default New to off road and torch

Hello I am looking at racing at torch next weekend after a few years racing 1/10th touring and just have a few questions.

Tire advice- I'm on quit a tight budget and need allot of practice and was wondering what the best tire is to provide a good amount of grip but also allow me to get the practice in without costing me loads in tires.

What times does the track open as i would like to pop down a bit early and get sum practice in.

Just waiting for my car to turn up witch is a tamiya 201 vega gen1 and was wondering if anyone had a good base setting they would be willing too share with me.
many thanks Dave
Old 16-03-2013

Hi Dave

We have practice from 8 to 9 am, turn up anytime after 7am.

Tyres are usually Balistic Green damp/wet or White dry/damp mini spike, in dry conditions Schumacher mini spike yellows work as well, Schumacher yellow staggers will work for front in all conditions.

Lots of racers will be there tomz to offer advice,

Thanks Steve
Old 17-03-2013

Thanks for the advice, ordered some bb white's and yellow cut staggers in the end. Hopefully the weather next sun will be a bit less wet.
Still need some setup advice as i want to get it somewhere near before i race, so i can concentrate on learning to jump or land as the case my be .