Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 03-08-2012

Exclamation DESC410 V2 issues

So i raised this issue to Team Durango support and yet to get any reply yet, my first email was replied but after sending in the Kit ID and some photos, never heard from them again... so might as well share this issue on here..

1. Missing ball cup tree.

2. Mod 1 spur hitting the plastic support

3. Mod 1 spur excessive burrs. have to remove the burs just to install the friction plate.

DOnt know if the Mod1 spur has issues thats why it was hitting the plastic support, it will spin freely if you remove portion of the plastic part, which i did not do till i was advise by support that it was intended by design, i do hope i installed it incorrectly and can be rectified ASAP but if not then i think TD should act on this one....

so any TD guys on here share to assist.

Thanks,.
Old 03-08-2012
Administrator

Not really sure what I'm looking at here? That spur gear looks like it's been chewed by someone's dog? Have you altered it or was it like that? If so it could be a moulding problem that wasn't spotted - I've got a new v2 kit here and it has both sets of ball cups and the spur gear is fine and doesn't touch anything.
Old 03-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
Not really sure what I'm looking at here? That spur gear looks like it's been chewed by someone's dog? Have you altered it or was it like that? If so it could be a moulding problem that wasn't spotted - I've got a new v2 kit here and it has both sets of ball cups and the spur gear is fine and doesn't touch anything.
the friction plate area was covered by burrs and i have to remove all of the excess just to install it, i have to leave it that way,. else i will be going to the doctor as it will be dangerours to remove the excess with a cutter blade. if TD will not replace the Spur then i will hack the hell out of it. Via dremel.... i think the spur is the issue coz if you spin it, it will sometimes hit the plastic support and will bind. so i guess in my neophyte analysis its not perfectly built.
Old 03-08-2012

Got a response from support..... thank god......