Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

View Poll Results: abandon the electric board homologation list?
yes 97 43.89%
no 115 52.04%
abstain 9 4.07%
Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-11-2014
Mad Member

List stays for 2015, but a new list not the 2014 list.
Still time (until Dec 1st) for new batteries to be submitted.
(unless I have misread the Battery Homologation Procedure)

http://www.brca.org/content/electric-board/1396

Last edited by JCJC; 09-11-2014 at 09:22 PM.
Old 11-11-2014

Yes, They have to submit the (2S) batteries with all the relevant documentation, etc. by 1st December.

I note from one of the FB Forums that one of the drivers asked Turnigy to submit the lipos for approval and they have declined to do so. Not the first time someone has asked them either.
Old 11-11-2014

Would imagine Turnigy sell plenty of lipos and don't really care about being homologated.
Old 11-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark View Post
Would imagine Turnigy sell plenty of lipos and don't really care about being homologated.
Hobbyking is the one who sells them and their name shows where their focus is - on the hobby side which is where they make their money.
Old 11-11-2014

Pretty sure this is a hobby for most people. And they have products which are roar approved, obviously a bigger market there and they see uk as not relevant.
Old 11-11-2014
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazp83 View Post
Pretty sure this is a hobby for most people. And they have products which are roar approved, obviously a bigger market there and they see uk as not relevant.
They care for their customers then....
Old 11-11-2014

Well yeah but it would be interesting to know how their products were roar approved, did roar themselves approve them? How many other governing bodies are there worldwide? Surely the uk and USA aren't the only ones playing with rc cars. And I wouldn't have got into 1/10 and 1/8 electric if it hadn't been for hobbyking, it's a good stepping stone.
Old 11-11-2014
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazp83 View Post
Well yeah but it would be interesting to know how their products were roar approved, did roar themselves approve them? How many other governing bodies are there worldwide? Surely the uk and USA aren't the only ones playing with rc cars. And I wouldn't have got into 1/10 and 1/8 electric if it hadn't been for hobbyking, it's a good stepping stone.
I think most don't care? Most countries I've been to, the number of racers needs everything encouraging.
Old 11-11-2014
Mad Member

If HobbyKing/Turnigy have ROAR approved lipo's can these be used at UK BRCA sanctioned meetings (regionals/nationals) ?

( I am assuming Regionals are BRCA sanctioned meetings, but I get the feeling the clubs/regions can/do pick)

Are there special rules for visiting international drivers ?

Sorry I don't know the nittygritty and cannot be bothered to try and look it up myself.
Old 11-11-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
I think most don't care? Most countries I've been to, the number of racers needs everything encouraging.
This is so true even in this country, if clubs don't have a hard core group of dedicated proactive people running them numbers drop until the club just cannot exist, if that group exists then the club prospers.
Old 11-11-2014

Surely it's one rule for all? And it has to be Brca approved, motor esc and battery.
Old 11-11-2014
Mad Member

Im guessing using BRCA legal lipos on the list is for health an saftey reason an insurance reasons also?
Old 11-11-2014
Mad Member

Are the ROAR and EFRA criteria very different then, I am assuming they have approved lists as well.
Old 11-11-2014
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Brewer View Post
Im guessing using BRCA legal lipos on the list is for health an saftey reason an insurance reasons also?
It's for fair competition is all, not insurance. Who says cells are safer just because a company paid £50 to have the size and voltage checked?
Old 11-11-2014

cheaper it is,the more people will try it.i use trunigy,lipos and esc.the lipo are good{65c to 130c}but put a orion 90c in and you can feel the difference{but there 3x the cost}the esc are good,but once you get a r10,your notice the difference.get the people into the hobby and there soon be buying the more expensive brands,plus trunigy should subbmit these motors,lipos and esc.some are free for approval and the lipo only cost £20,so it really trungiy fault.there make a lot more money if approved
Old 11-11-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Why is this thread still a thing?
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 11-11-2014

Well it doesn't seem they're interested as I messaged them and they replied with some sponsorship nonsense. They have stands at the big model shows so I'll ask someone at one of those if nothing before.
Old 11-11-2014

I voted NO but still choose to use Turnigy ESC/lipo/motor because that's what our club chooses.

We definitely need a EBHL otherwise cheating becomes the norm - just look at ROAR stock
Old 11-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origineelreclamebord View Post
As you might have noticed, I don't live in the UK...I don't consider scrutineers to be very critical about things, yet in my 3 years of racing I have seen only one LiPo fire because someone accidentally charged his battery pack at 3S - homologation wouldn't have prevented that, instead he would've just burnt away a more expensive battery Anyway, he noticed the case cracked during charging and he had time to carry it away from the pit area, where it had all the space to sizzle and smoke as hard as it could...
This is what happens when someone uses a cheapo charger that relies on the user guessing the right number of cells in a pack, any half decent charger would have warned the numpty he/she needs to re-guess and try again until he guessed right

Which begs the question, should the EBHL also include chargers?
Old 11-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCJC View Post
If HobbyKing/Turnigy have ROAR approved lipo's can these be used at UK BRCA sanctioned meetings (regionals/nationals) ?

( I am assuming Regionals are BRCA sanctioned meetings, but I get the feeling the clubs/regions can/do pick)

Are there special rules for visiting international drivers ?

Sorry I don't know the nittygritty and cannot be bothered to try and look it up myself.
Check them on the EBHL on BRCA website, do your due diligence, then you'll know the answer