Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 09-02-2013

Post Tyre wear only on edges

Hi

This is my first time threading, I was wondering if anyone could help? I'm running a corally phi 1/10th touring car at my local indoor race track. Surface is
A rubberised indoor running track. The problem I'm having is only the edges of the tyre seem to be wearing and not in the middle of the tyre at all, this is seriously reducing my contact patch! I have a2degree caster c hub on front and 2 degree at the rear would this be causing the problem should I be running 0 degrees? Please help!
Old 09-02-2013
Mad Member

Tyres with low-profile (or very soft) inserts tend to roll over on themselves when cornering, giving the heavy wear on the outside shoulder and the "ring of death" on the inside. It's fairly typical of modern TC tyres.

Big inserts stop that kind of wear, but don't grip as well.

I wouldn't worry about it too much - the tyres will still work well even with the shoulders worn.
Old 09-02-2013

Sorry, so I need harder inserts in the future? The problem being they are complete tyres/wheels. My mate is using same combination and he is getting wear over complete tyre. I just feel I'm not getting the full grip of the tyre.
Old 09-02-2013
Mad Member

If you are using pre-mounts you can't change the inserts. You can try tweaking the setup but fundamentally the tyres will always want to wear in that way. Set the car up for balance and performance, not the way the tyres look.
Old 09-02-2013

Will do thanks for your replies