Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 09-02-2013

Default New to racing

I have been racing for a few weeks and have just built my own car a Team Associated TC6.1. I am not very quick at moment but I am trying to get steady first before looking for speed. I am looking for any help on set up of the car and also any set ups for an Xtreme Stock brushless ECS. I dont need quick acceleration or too much top speed. When I raced the other night and the car was sliding on acceleration.
Old 10-02-2013

Hi,

It's it at rear end you are loosing it ?mif it is You could try a couple of things but only do one at a time so you no what made the diffrence

Harder springs at front or softer at the back
Same with shock oil go up one at front and down at back
Try front roll bar
And your rear shock in more
Stand your front shocks up more ?
Tighten fron diff
Loosen rear diff

Any of the above should help rear grip
Old 10-02-2013
Mad Member

The two most important things are tyres and building the car well. Fine tuning the setup should be a long way down the list, the TC6.1 will be good enough to compete with the kit settings, it's a case of getting your thumbs into the groove first.

Make sure you are in the right tyres for the track (the fast local racers should help) and the right tyre additive routine (they should be able to help with that too).

Build the car well to kit settings. Make sure everything that should move moves freely, and everything that shouldn't move stays still. Make sure you set your ride height, cambers and droop according to the kit setup sheet.

With the ESC and motor, just make sure everything is calibrated to the radio for full throttle and full brake and neutral in the right places. You should be able to get a gear ratio to suit the track from the fast racers too. Same with the servo, make sure it is set up to get full lock evenly.

The most important part of racing is track time.
Old 10-02-2013

Thanks for the info
Old 10-02-2013

Sorry just noticed half the words were missing in my post !! Bloody iPhone keyboard

Any way good luck and enjoy your racing :-)