Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team C Racing

Old 31-10-2013

Default TM2 slipper problem

Anyone having trouble with slipper clutch on the TM2, car has had only 2 meetings, 1st slipper was slipping all day in the end stripped the spur. Ordered Rw Durango spur and associated HD pads on the say so of somebody but you can spin the whole assembly in your hands quite easily, slipper obviously slips pretty bad, put my whole slipper ass. out of my T4 and ran ok all day. Then ordered RW TM2 spur that fits durango pads fitted the ass HD pads to the spur and found the whole ass. spins quite freely in your hand, 99% sure it would slip it's nuts off once in the car, any ideas?
Old 01-11-2013

I have now built 2 of these .
The first one i had that problem with the std slipper and did as you did and melted the spur.To cure this i fitted a std Durango spur with AE HD slipper pads and that was 2 months ago and no problems since.
The 2nd car was built 3 weeks ago for my son and it worked fine all stock gear and no problems.
Just make sure you take your time as i found it a bit puzzling at first as its quite different to anything else i have built.
Sorry i can`t be of more help !
Old 01-11-2013
Mad Member

You can quite easily miss one of the pins that goes in very close to the rear of the spur gear, just make sure all the pins are there...

Other than that not aware of any problems, contaminated slipper pad perhaps?

May be worth stripping down and cleaning the slipper plates etc with some contact cleaner to make sure there is no grease or oil on them, normally with anything metal thats been machined you will get traces of oil which will need to be removed...
Old 01-11-2013
oOple Advertiser

got to be a missing pin surely, none of mine or any of the TM2s I race against have ever had excessive slippage

--SMD--INSIDE LINE MODELS--PR RACING UK--

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79696