Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > North East

Old 01-01-2007

Default York MCC Venue?

Hi all,

Just wonderd, is YORCC still running in the sports hall at Acomb?

Oh and don't forget its Vintage night at York on the 6th Jan , that's why i'm checking where to go

Later

JImarea51
Old 01-01-2007
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Jim, we're gonna be there for a few more months, I hear (except for the regional and finals - they will be back at Huntington as there is more room)

You coming down on the 6th? I've revived your old B4 and gonna give it a run out...
Old 02-01-2007

Thanks for the reply, I thourght that was the case but its best to chech first

It'll be good to see my old B4 back in action(I hope you got a new body though, other wise I'll be watching the wrong car )...

See you on Saturday night

Jimarea51
Old 02-01-2007
Super Moderator

Hello, is the address:

Dijon Avenue, Acomb, York YO24 3DD ??

Ta!
Old 02-01-2007
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to daz

certainly is!!!!!
Old 02-01-2007
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimarea51 View Post
It'll be good to see my old B4 back in action(I hope you got a new body though, other wise I'll be watching the wrong car )...
Jim, I've only been running this shell for about 1 year now...!

Old 03-01-2007

Hi, me and a couple of mates will hopefully be coming along to York on Saturday, but its our first ever meeting and we're pretty green being totally new to the scene. Col and a few others have been real helpful so far, can I ask a couple more quick questions -

Do we need to register before to enter? The stock section, is that for basic 27 turn motors or 19 turn unmodified as well, and is it any model car etc? How high is the standard in the other classes, as in will we be getting lapped every 2 minutes? We've not got an all singin charger yet so if we charge packs before we come, how many do you think we'll need to bring. Will we need more than a couple of sets of crystals each? (god I'm clueless)

Think thats it for now, I know it all seems basic but try cast your minds back guys.

Ta very much!!
Old 03-01-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Hi mate,

The standard class is for basic 540's, I'm not sure on the specifics of which one but I know Peter has them on the day at his shop.

I'm pretty sure on good cells it will be possible to do the entire nights racing on a couple of packs at most with a 540, 3 or so packs charged before you come should do you fine I would imagine. If you need some cells charging just ask around, someone will probably have a charger free you could use.

If you get stuck with anything just ask around, everyone will go out of their way to get you going
Old 03-01-2007
Super Moderator

Just come over and ask any of the idiots running the pre 1990 cars (its a vintage championship night too) if you need any help. We'll be the ones with big smiles on our faces in the corner

G
Old 03-01-2007

Thanks guys, all the advice is great and much appreciated. I've got a tamiya silver can I could use and my mate's got a stock 540 so we'll give it a go. If everyone's as helpful at the venue as they are here it should be a great night. I take it we'll be able to buy springs etc there too.

Cheers guys, its good to know there's help and advice given so readily.

See you Saturday, just look for the 'Team Cheapo' boys looking a bit bewildered but grinnin as much as the vintage boys hopefully!