Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bedfordshire RC Model Car Club

Old 14-09-2009

Thumbs down diff problems

its getting anoying now i will tighten my diffs up tight and every time i use it they losen by them self and i do not know why ??? ......the front diff stays tight but after every race on friday the rear diff losens it self wich was good luck as my time got alot faster but i dont want it to losen any more does anybody have any help
thx joe
LOSI 13.5/6.5T BRUSHLESS

Old 14-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLONE-JOE View Post

its getting anoying now i will tighten my diffs up tight and every time i use it they losen by them self and i do not know why ??? ......the front diff stays tight but after every race on friday the rear diff losens it self wich was good luck as my time got alot faster but i dont want it to losen any more does anybody have any help
thx joe
Joe, if your diff is loosening after every race night, I would think there is a possibility that there is a thread worn somewhere in that diff. It might be that you need a new diff, or the parts that are threaded replaced, plus a new hex head screw if that's used to tighten it.

I don't run your car so it's hard to tell without knowledge of it. I would be happy to take the diff off you this Friday, strip it down and give it a full inspection before putting back together and dropping off at the model shop for you to pick up on say the following Sunday morning.

I'll have a good look to see if there is any visible signs of where, if not, I'll re-grease it with diff-lube and see if it works the following week.