Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 24-08-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Got to say that this place has attracted a lot of interest on MSUK amongst their bashers. They have no real interest in organised racing (most of them can't drive beyond hitting a ramp with the throttle pegged!) but would happily pay a tenner for somewhere to bash. They aren't even that bothered about timing.
So I guess we should consider this the RC equivalent of a skate park - somewhere you can go and play without people hassling you......

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 25-08-2010

Default Bank holiday racing at Moto-Arena

I'm posting this on behalf of Moto-Arena and it's my understanding of what's happening at the venue this weekend...

FREE racing on the outdoor track all weekend. Both nitro and electric. The ideal opportunity to get loads of practice on the outdoor track! There will be sessions for Nitro, Electric TC, Bikes etc (probably 10 - 15 mins slots each, but will depend on numbers).

FREE racing on the indoor track on Saturday and Monday (electric only). So if you need setup time you know where to head on Saturday...

Sunday - On behalf of Moto-Arena, MKRCTC will be hosting "Moto-Arena Live". This is an all day meeting with either 4 qualifiers and 1 final or 3 qualifiers and 3 finals (depending on numbers) No need to pre-book. Doors open at 8:30am, racing starts at 10am. Entry fee is £10 + £2 for each additional class (SUBJECT TO CONFIRMATION)

For those who are looking for benchmarks or aiming to show us your stuff, here are the FTD's from last Sunday (and therefore current lap records!)

Mini - Silver Can
Alan Petts 11 / 311.71

Mini - Black Can
Darren Simpson 14 / 315.59

TC Stock 13.5
Tom Reynolds 18 / 304.42

TC Mod
Charlie Ware 18 / 306.13

World GT 10.5
Jason Butterfield 21 / 377.30

So, if up till now, you've been in two minds about the facility, why not pop along sometime over the weekend and experience it for yourself!

Dave Treacy - Chariman, MKRCTC
Old 25-08-2010

I don't think I have seen any mention of this yet, but I stumbled across www.motoarenadriversclub.com and thought it might be of interest to the thread as it is aimed toward the hobby/racer side of things with the main site being the corporate joe public market.
Old 25-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattybucks View Post
no, you sail a boat.

Depends on if it's a boat or not, last time I visited wicksteed park the pirate ship had wheels on it.

Moto-Arena are thinking of using the land they have opposite the carpark for a larger offroad track (1/8 etc) this will be a future project.
Old 25-08-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk2kompressor View Post
Depends on if it's a boat or not, last time I visited wicksteed park the pirate ship had wheels on it.

Moto-Arena are thinking of using the land they have opposite the carpark for a larger offroad track (1/8 etc) this will be a future project.
seems to be being developed currently, its 5th scale ( so i would think 8th will run on it too) confirmed 10 days ago on facebook?

Jason BattyI wonna come down and rip up some track with my baja 5T....

11 August at 22:41 · Comment ·LikeUnlike · View feedback (4)Hide feedback (4) · Flag
    • Mark Stiles some people call it a badger... 12 August at 18:17 · LikeUnlike ·

• Mark Christopher they dont have a 5th scale off road track? 12 August at 22:29 · LikeUnlike ·

• Mark Stiles That doesn't matter to badger owners... 12 August at 23:39 · LikeUnlike ·

• Michaela Collins We do! It is 300M away, next to Force India HQ, a one acre site being developed currently. 15 August at 18:44 · LikeUnlike ·

Old 28-08-2010
Mad Member

Just realised that we are going to visit some friends tomorrow who live about 20 miles from Silverstone.

If I was to turn up at Moto Arena tomorrow afternoon... what would await me? Is it open? Should I pack my own touring car or hope for an arrive and drive?
Old 28-08-2010

Think it will all be on thier website.
Old 28-08-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
Think it will all be on thier website.
If it was on the sodding website I wouldn't have made the post. You're not on RaceCrap now, so save the unhelpful remarks for over there!
Old 28-08-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosidge View Post
Just realised that we are going to visit some friends tomorrow who live about 20 miles from Silverstone.

If I was to turn up at Moto Arena tomorrow afternoon... what would await me? Is it open? Should I pack my own touring car or hope for an arrive and drive?
Think if you roll up to post 282 Dave Treacy has some info

(also http://www.silverstonercmcc.co.uk/ have the big weekend meet, if you want to watch buggys)
Old 28-08-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCJC View Post
Think if you roll up to post 282 Dave Treacy has some info
Thanks for that... might pop the car in the boot and see if I can get a run somewhere if we decide to pass by.

PS Quick question... had a look at the MKRCTC website, and they finish their meetings around 1pm apparently - when does the Arena close?

Last edited by sosidge; 28-08-2010 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Added question
Old 28-08-2010

Tomorrow (today- Sunday) MKRCTC will be hosting a meeting for/with MADC on the indoor TC track which runs in parralell to MA open day with free running on the outdoor TC and Grass off road track.

MKRCTC will either run another all day race (Like last week) or they're going to try to split it in to two separate half day meets, one AM and one PM. Either way, should finish racing around 5 or 6, with MA open until 6pm I think.

- Royal Racing Paint - <clicky>
Old 29-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosidge View Post
If it was on the sodding website I wouldn't have made the post. You're not on RaceCrap now, so save the unhelpful remarks for over there!
Ooooooooo ur a up tight guy arnt you......

Now all I did was suggest the UK,s premier Rc complex,s open day weekend all the info would be on thier site seeing as what the weekend is to them. Their pro should have it every where should they not ?
Old 29-08-2010

Maybe they don't feel the need to keep chucking plugs down every 5 seconds unlike some.
Old 30-08-2010

Send a message via MSN to Willashcroft
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Coe View Post
Got to say that this place has attracted a lot of interest on MSUK amongst their bashers. They have no real interest in organised racing (most of them can't drive beyond hitting a ramp with the throttle pegged!) but would happily pay a tenner for somewhere to bash. They aren't even that bothered about timing.
So I guess we should consider this the RC equivalent of a skate park - somewhere you can go and play without people hassling you......
Come on Si, There are people who are interested in racing too, And you can't speak for the whole of MSUK community, I doubt you have even met us "Hardcore Bashers", Which i dont think you can class us all as "unable to drive beyond hitting a ramp with the throttle pegged".

Who cares what we're more into be it bashing or racing, We all have the same hobby!?
Old 30-08-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Actually Will I have, or else I wouldn't have said it .

Well truth be told, some showed very good car control, but nobody seemed to care - big air was all that mattered and how the car landed was irrelevant. No - thats not true either, bad landings got whoops and laughter. So whether you could control the car or not, you hit the ramp as fast as possible and that was it.

Is that a problem? Not really. If thats what you want to do I'm not stopping you. Go have your fun.

But is it the same hobby? Well thats more tricky really. Would you class mountain biking and the Tour De France as the same thing? After all its all cycling. Or F1 and WRC, since its all cars? On some levels yes, on others no.

Whats this got to do with Silverstone? Well looking on MSUK its not the only 'pay to play' track opening up, so there is clearly a market. But that market is consists more of bashers than racers. Which means tracks are going to develop more to suit that market - big air and long straights, but not so technical. The Bristol one looks far too narrow to race on, but ideally suited for the guy shown playing on it with his Stampede.

It looks like the RC fun park idea may be about to become a big thing, but its despite the fact that means tracks getting built, it may not prove much benefit to racing, except in getting new people into the hobby.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 30-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard clarke View Post
Maybe they don't feel the need to keep chucking plugs down every 5 seconds unlike some.
If you don't you won't get the traffic, you have to grin and bear the flak (believe me last thing I want to do is spend my life typing stuff into forums, i'd rather be on the track racing, but take a look at this thread it's over 13 pages of which 70% are questions with not a single answer coming from the owners. Everything could be answered with a simple website but I actually think this is genius. Keep everyone in the dark and people will chat, speculate and before you know it everyone knows about it because there is no information on it. Brilliant. Notice I haven't posted anything for over a week now! and yesterday we had 124 drivers and I didn't have to spend time telling people about it. :-).

Genius!
Old 31-08-2010
Mad Member

Is this place open to the public now. I was going to go and have a look after work tonight. However no opening times or contact number on the website.
Old 31-08-2010

It is open to the public, but I'm not sure if it's open at night.... Except for Wednesdays!

Wednesday Night Warriors run by MKRCTC on Wednesday nights at Moto Arena. Free Pracice before hand, Booking in from 7:00pm, Racing at 7:30, should be done by 10pm. Normal classes are Tamiya Mini and TC 13.5, but any car is catered for and your own heat if 3 or more arrive. Cafe food and Drinks available on site.

- Royal Racing Paint - <clicky>
Old 31-08-2010

We are open from 10am-6pm to the public

Our contact number at the moment is 01327-855549 for any questions

cheers

Alan Leighton
Moto-Arena events manager
Old 31-08-2010
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgit View Post