Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Mid South

Old 22-06-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

just wanted to say a big thanks to Graham, his Dad, Lloyd and anyone else who has been involved in the track work. A serious amount of work has been done in a short time with limited resources. Think everyone excepted it had a few bits that need tidying up which is to be expected. The basics are in place and with a little bit of fine tuning on the jump profiles and finishing the infield it could be a really good track for next year.
I know a few people struggled all day with breakages but it's the same track for all and you just had to drive with a bit more caution in places. It was no more unforgiving than CML or Eden park if you get things wrong!

And anyway, i can't complain about a track where i just had my best ever finish!!
good work lads

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 22-06-2008
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim76 View Post
just wanted to say a big thanks to Graham, his Dad, Lloyd and anyone else who has been involved in the track work. A serious amount of work has been done in a short time with limited resources. Think everyone excepted it had a few bits that need tidying up which is to be expected. The basics are in place and with a little bit of fine tuning on the jump profiles and finishing the infield it could be a really good track for next year.
I know a few people struggled all day with breakages but it's the same track for all and you just had to drive with a bit more caution in places. It was no more unforgiving than CML or Eden park if you get things wrong!

And anyway, i can't complain about a track where i just had my best ever finish!!
good work lads
Well said Jim.

I don't think many will disagree that it was a challenging track! but its early days and the ideas that are in there will make the track very cool. know that the features to need to be refined to make them more consistent but there has already been a serious amount of work done and with some time i think it will be an awesome venue. From speaking to Graeme and Geoff they are keen to keep the work going and you have to give them, and everyone else who has helped some big appreciation (Lloyd, Richard, John to name a few that i know). There aren't many people willing to give up their time to take on something like this!

AND Well done to Greg Spicer for the win today! (and Paul T for making the B final with one finish!)
Old 22-06-2008

THANK YOU JIM76 for your understanding of the "serious amount of work that has been done in such a short time" and accepting the fact that certain things weren't quite right. Thanks to talks I had during the day with the likes of Kev Lee who has made Stotfold one of the best tracks around, and other constructive criticisms, we are aware of the areas which need urgent attention before the 2wd regional next month, and we will do our best to make improvements to the existing track by then rather than extend into the infield. Before next year's regionals we hope to have created an infield section and moved the rostrum to improve visability.

Grateful thanks to Lloyd Storey, Richard Ralph, Mark Paice, John Spencer, Graeme Smith (his bl***y fault I got involved, and I don't even race!!!) and of course the committee members and sons for all the extreemly hard work put in over the last month to get us this far with the track. Without their help ther would not have been a meeting at all today. This track is "WORK UNDER PROGRESS" and will continue to improve.

The track itself is one thing, but the running of the meeting did not go smoothly due to inexperience, for which I appologise. The computer did crash once, but you all crashed more times yourselves!!!, and mistakes were made. Thanks to John for helping us out. Anyone out there who could help, or even run the 2wd next month, we would love to hear from you.

I will let you know when the next work part is so you can come and help us improve the track.
Old 23-06-2008

Default Silverstone

Here are some pictures from yesterdays event.

Many thanks to all who made it possible.

http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh2/mmbaba_78/Silverstone%204WD/?albumview=slideshow
Old 23-06-2008

Red face

Nice pictues Martin.... (Who's is that sexy orange one ) Yep, although my worst regional event for a couple of years, thanks to all who made it possible Graham, his Dad, Lloyd, Richard, John etc.... Looking like it has excellent potential. Well done to Greg, who broke it first two rounds and still pulled out the win.

Paul T

Schumacher Racing - Team Tekin - Spektrum - Inside Line Racing - TrishBits
Old 23-06-2008

Unfortunatley me and my dad were unable to attend this weekends meeting due to racing else where. With some tidying up of the track and with us hopefully there next time to help run the next 2wd regional it should an even better day.

Sean0
Old 23-06-2008

Default silverstone track

Hey Guys,

I hope u had a good meeting at the weekend, as a racer myself i found the track very challenging, because i normally race on a flat track lol, but still i enjoyed the expereince, You probly dont no me cause i am mostly in the back ground, but silverstone buggy club wouldnt be were it is, if it wasnt for me and my dad, 2 years ago my dad became the race director of silverstone model car club indoor, then a year after, we decided to use the facilties and the feild to start up a buggy club, so then the stress started, we had two regional rounds and the end of season Nationals on the grass track which was ok but not good enough, so we knew we had to change, so graham and geoff smith approached us to make a change a Big Change!!, and we are glad we did, with a lot of money and hard work, we held our first meeting on the astro, yes there is minor problems but guys they will be fixed, and i hope the future meetings will get better and better!!

Me and My Dad are very thankful to those who helped with the track, Graham,and geoff smith, Bruce,and sean oliver, Greg williams who ran the event, and the racers, john spencer, lyod, richard, mark pace, and many others,
and another thank you to the SRA for supplying the facilailties to run the track, and Andy kictchen (Shaks barn farm) for supplying the Containers and the track, and everything else

Many thanks Guys!!!
Marcus trofimov, and Mark Trofimov

Any ideas for the track are very helpful so dont be affraid to say something!
Old 23-06-2008
Mad Member

Rome wasn't built in a day!!!!!

The potential is there and it will get better, the good thing is the club has a decent number of people that will offer a hand.

Keep us all posted on work parties etc... although i won't be around for the next month!!!
Old 31-07-2008

Send a message via MSN to ianplimmer

is there a club meeting on this weekend ?,if so what are the opening times ?
Old 01-08-2008
Mad Member

I dont think the club is holding outside buggy meetings this weekend, still adding astro to the infield etc. Also a MidSouth 2WD regional at CML in Newbury will/should pull the local drivers (Sunday 3rd)
Old 01-08-2008

Yeah, No meeting this weekend as we're all off to CML for round 3 of the 2WD Mid South Regionals!!
As jcjc said we are about to take delivery on Monday of 7 tonnes of sand & another 20 tonne of astro turf to complete the in-field of the track!
We (the club) are looking into perhaps running either an end of season race or depending on time and other events being held, some sort of curtain raiser race to the 2009 season!!