Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 26-02-2010

Default 2010 BRCA approved battery availability

Just reading through the BRCA rules on approved batteries and wanted to clarify a few things on availability. It is fairly clear that any of the batteries on the 2010 list must be £95 or less and available thourgh UK retail.

What is not clear is when they should be readily available and what happens if they are not available given this was a requirement of the BRCA approval. I guess they have until the 1st April?

James
Old 26-02-2010

Hi James.
There has been a clarification on this subject (Commercial Availability) on the BRCA website in the Electric Board section. Unfortunately, it has been posted, in error, under a 1S Lipo Battery heading (this will be corrected shortly).
In short although manufacturers tend to use BRCA/EFRA submission dates for their "new product realeases" we can not guarantee that claimed availability by any manufacturer will actualy materialise.
Regards
Charlie Fraser
Sec. BRCA 1/10th off-Road Section.
Old 26-02-2010
Mad Member

I have bought some lipo`s which are on the list in part number but the sticker on them looks different to the one posted on the list.
Question, as long as the part number is correct, is it still legal if the sticker (not case) is different?
Thanks.

It was once said to me, if you light the blue touch paper you need to stand well back[/CENTER]