Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 28-12-2013

Default Dest210 spur/gearing?

Evening all

Being the proud owner of a dest210 rtr ( thanks Santa ) I did the usual and took it out for a bit of street racing on Boxing Day, great fun but on inspection when finished it would seem that something had caused the kit spur to seemingly fall apart/melt, opening the gear cover most if the disintegrated spur fell out as dust and what remained was chomped to bits.

Anyone else have issues with their rtr spur? Had a few shunts so motor may have jump out of position I guess but seemed ok when checked!

Also while I've got it apart and ordering some new spurs etc, what sort of gearing are people using?

Any help greatly appreciated
Old 28-12-2013
Mad Member

I think the RTR spur is the same as of the 210 kits. Anyway, it shouldn't happen. My guess is one of the following things happened:
- The spur gear stripped because the slipper was too tight out of the box (happened to me on a RTR Kyosho once: the slipper was completely tightened and the gear stripped after a few small jumps).
- The spur gear melted because the slipper was too loose (and the slipper system became too hot).
- The spur gear stripped because of a bad(ish) mesh (out of the box...?)

3D Printing Upgrade Parts - FF210 Buggy
Old 28-12-2013

Thanks,

Yeah sounds about right, I checked the mesh before I ran it and it was fine but to be honest I didn't think twice about slipper so probably that's the culprit!