Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 14-12-2014

Lightbulb Schumacher Cougar KF/M?

Looking at 2wd options at the moment and I do like the Cougar KF. Currently racing on high grip tracks indoor, but if as the outdoor season gets underway, I can see I will need to shell out for low grip conversion and a shorty conversion kit.

So, my question(s): do Schumacher plan to bring out a kit with both these additional packs as standard? Also, can I get a discount if Schumacher use the name KF/M?! 👍
Old 14-12-2014
Mad Member

I doubt the people that really know would post details on here...

If you buy the LG conversion you don't need the shorty conversion as it does both..
Old 15-12-2014

I'm also interested in a kf but wondering how they work on wet grass/ astro with the low grip chassis conversion I currently run a rb6 and wonder If it would be as good as that outdoors?
Callum
Old 15-12-2014

The KF is an amazing car on low grip and High grip,

However to get the car to work on Low Grip you have to spend quite a bit of money on the car,

Low grip conversion £80
Brass weights £??
Shorty Lipos' £100 for two shorties

Or just buy an SV2 which runs out the box on low and high grip very well.
Old 15-12-2014

was also interested in the KF but picked up a used SV2 and SVR pair for much less......
Old 15-12-2014

Callum,

I've just switched from RB6 to KF and can confirm the car is amazing in low grip conditions (with low grip kit fitted). I knew the car would be great on high grip but for sure I'm quicker with the KF in the wet than I was with the RB6 which did surprise me as I always thought the RB6 was the best low grip car on the market.

Regards,
James.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum View Post
I'm also interested in a kf but wondering how they work on wet grass/ astro with the low grip chassis conversion I currently run a rb6 and wonder If it would be as good as that outdoors?
Callum
Old 15-12-2014

I can also confirm that the KF with low grip chassis works very well in both low and high grip scenarios.

Some evidence of this was just last Thursday at Surrey & Hants - due to the numbers I got placed in the 4wd heat against 4 XRAY XB4s (2013, 2014 and 2 2015s) all set up for the wet.

One heat I was happily keeping them all at bay for the majority of the race until I messed up big time.

Now considering I was runing a 7.5 and some of those were running 5.5s I think it can handle itself
Every Thursday evening from 6:30pm and alternate Sundays.

Check out http://shrccc.co.uk
Follow us on:

Facebook - Surrey and Hants Radio Control Car Club
Twitter - @surreyhantsrc
Old 15-12-2014

Thanks for the help think i may have to keep my eye out for one! Got to sell the rb6 first!
Old 15-12-2014

So I'm looking at £260 for the car and £80 for the low grip kit. That's £340 to get a car that works on most tracks. Is it me or is that big bucks for a 2wd?

Maybe worth paying £260 for the full package of the KR/M. Fingers crossed Schumacher see sense and bring out an all surface kit.
Old 15-12-2014

Your forgetting the price of the extra weight you need to run under the lipo, Oh and don't forget if you do not own any shorties its time to put your hand in your pocket and buy some good shorties lol

So as a rough guess to get this car to work on low and high grip its going to cost you around £500. That's why I sold my KF and now run my SV2. in my opinion its an all round better car. (but not on high grip lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintinontour View Post
So I'm looking at £260 for the car and £80 for the low grip kit. That's £340 to get a car that works on most tracks. Is it me or is that big bucks for a 2wd?

Maybe worth paying £260 for the full package of the KR/M. Fingers crossed Schumacher see sense and bring out an all surface kit.
Old 15-12-2014
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmulc View Post
Your forgetting the price of the extra weight you need to run under the lipo, Oh and don't forget if you do not own any shorties its time to put your hand in your pocket and buy some good shorties lol

So as a rough guess to get this car to work on low and high grip its going to cost you around £500. That's why I sold my KF and now run my SV2. in my opinion its an all round better car. (but not on high grip lol)
Unless you get 2 sets of nanno tech shorties for £30 quid
Old 16-12-2014

Why would Schumacher bring out a all surface KF, the KF is supposed to be a high grip surface option to the SV2 and the KR, e.g a car that can be run with high grip tyres on a high grip surface with out turning over.

Especially as they sell a standard KF and then sell the the other bits if you want to run the car on a lower grip surface your choice to buy or not, I think they may bring out a long wheel base and wide track SV2 so it is the same as the KF.

This would improve the SV2 the extra wheel base would improve the the turning and the extra track would improve the handling over the bumps.

The surprise might be a two wheel drive short course truck, nothing has been heard about that for a while, so we will have to wait until the exhibition in Germany in 2015.

Food for thought over those long dark nights to come.
Old 17-12-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARB View Post
Why would Schumacher bring out a all surface KF, the KF is supposed to be a high grip surface option to the SV2 and the KR, e.g a car that can be run with high grip tyres on a high grip surface with out turning over.

Especially as they sell a standard KF and then sell the the other bits if you want to run the car on a lower grip surface your choice to buy or not, I think they may bring out a long wheel base and wide track SV2 so it is the same as the KF.

This would improve the SV2 the extra wheel base would improve the the turning and the extra track would improve the handling over the bumps.

The surprise might be a two wheel drive short course truck, nothing has been heard about that for a while, so we will have to wait until the exhibition in Germany in 2015.

Food for thought over those long dark nights to come.
Carb,

I believe most drivers are choosing to run their KF over their SV2 even when it's slippy as they're prooving to go THAT well even in the wet, even though it was originally designed as a high-grip car... which means a lot of peoples SV2 are staying on the shelf - so possibly not a lot of demand for an SV2 really.

Only time will tell and only Schumacher know the answers so this is all just speculation

Mendip R/C Raceway - Offroad Racing in South-West
WORM-Racing - GT12 Racing in the South-West
Old 17-12-2014

I found the KF to be a revelation over the SV2 in the wet, would never dream of going back.
Old 17-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danosborne6661 View Post
Carb,

I believe most drivers are choosing to run their KF over their SV2 even when it's slippy as they're prooving to go THAT well even in the wet, even though it was originally designed as a high-grip car... which means a lot of peoples SV2 are staying on the shelf - so possibly not a lot of demand for an SV2 really.

Only time will tell and only Schumacher know the answers so this is all just speculation
Well said Dan It was a little wet when I last raced mine at Mendip and it went ok lol ! ended up winning by about half a lap in the end against mid motor 2wd cars! and didnt a KF driven by Dan p or Dwp102 or whatever name he is hiding under next lol and it was just as wet.
Old 18-12-2014
Mad Member

Exactly that Martin, yours looked awesome in the wet

And same again on the Sunday we just had, Mendip was extremely greasy and slippy. There were a hand full KF's and also Yokomo B-max's which have a very planted back end. You got it.... even in these greasy conditions the KF came out on top

Mendip R/C Raceway - Offroad Racing in South-West
WORM-Racing - GT12 Racing in the South-West

Last edited by Danosborne6661; 18-12-2014 at 11:06 AM.
Old 18-12-2014

For me its not a case of which car is best as a car is only as good as its driver!

Just because somebody has won the nationals or worlds with a KF does not mean that when I race mine i will start becoming the best.....

For me its cost, plain and simple....

buy a KF and spend loads of money on it to run on low grip

OR

Buy a SV2 and its a great car all round and easy to set up.

The SV2 was just as succesful as the KF when it was released it just needs updating.

I have run my KF and my SV2 back to back and there was not much differance in time to warrent the extra cost, I did love my KF but I love having the extra money in my bank more....

I have now sold the KF and I have kept my SV2.

My personal opinion is if you have money to burn buy the KF, If you want to have fun racing and still be competetive then buy the SV2.
Old 18-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowen208fly View Post
Well said Dan It was a little wet when I last raced mine at Mendip and it went ok lol ! ended up winning by about half a lap in the end against mid motor 2wd cars! and didnt a KF driven by Dan p or Dwp102 or whatever name he is hiding under next lol and it was just as wet.
lol Ive got many different aliases martin
Old 18-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintinontour View Post
Looking at 2wd options at the moment and I do like the Cougar KF. Currently racing on high grip tracks indoor, but if as the outdoor season gets underway, I can see I will need to shell out for low grip conversion and a shorty conversion kit.

So, my question(s): do Schumacher plan to bring out a kit with both these additional packs as standard? Also, can I get a discount if Schumacher use the name KF/M?! ��
There is an answer, the KM.

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150887

Last edited by rdr; 18-12-2014 at 02:44 PM.
Old 19-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdr View Post
Looks like a fun project. Given that I would have to buy an sx3 and an sv2, and some a few hours with the dremel, I don't think I'd consider this as an option. I'm edging towards an sv2 👍