Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 23-05-2011
Banned

Quick question but is the thread for the nuts imperial or metric?
Old 23-05-2011

M4 metric... Want to buy some, I have a thousand... But only ever used 4!
Old 23-05-2011
Banned

Gonna try some serrated lock washers to to see if it helps, worth trying I guess
Old 23-05-2011

I think northy's suggestion that the wheels are rotating / moving on the hexes is a good call, as realistically, this is the only reason why they would come loose. Have you looked closely at the hexes in the wheels? You could also Try holding the two rear wheels, and say the front right, then try to rotate the front left anti clockwise and see if it does try to slip on the hex... Don't go mad and damage anything though.. Your looking at forces similar to braking.
Old 23-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainlip View Post
Gonna try some serrated lock washers to to see if it helps, worth trying I guess

try these pal,
http://www.orbitalfasteners.co.uk/de...-Nut-6949.html

you can buy 1 or 100000 and try the serrated washers with them

these nuts are used on aircraft but remember once the on the aircraft they dont come on and off like wheel nuts but these are expensive for a reason THERE GOOD AND DO THE JOB

there £0.16p a nut where if you buy a normal nut from these ppl there £0.3p

let me know what you think there is only 14 in stock i bought 100 and change them now and then to be sure

i just use m4 flat washers
Old 23-05-2011

I think that your car will become too wide for it to comply with brca regulations if you use those, as the serrated nuts with drive shafts dressed flush with the face is about the limit. ok for club or bashing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeboy44 View Post
try these pal,
http://www.orbitalfasteners.co.uk/de...-Nut-6949.html

you can buy 1 or 100000 and try the serrated washers with them

these nuts are used on aircraft but remember once the on the aircraft they dont come on and off like wheel nuts but these are expensive for a reason THERE GOOD AND DO THE JOB

there £0.16p a nut where if you buy a normal nut from these ppl there £0.3p

let me know what you think there is only 14 in stock i bought 100 and change them now and then to be sure

i just use m4 flat washers
Old 23-05-2011

This thread is still going?!!
I figured the wheels would have fallen off by now.
Old 23-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzler View Post
I think that your car will become too wide for it to comply with brca regulations if you use those, as the serrated nuts with drive shafts dressed flush with the face is about the limit. ok for club or bashing...

these fit on my car and thred of the drive shaft is still showing, so that being a standard size shaft should be ok??

got me worried now
Old 23-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeboy44 View Post
these fit on my car and thred of the drive shaft is still showing, so that being a standard size shaft should be ok??

got me worried now
The nuts I am using are 4.5mm wide and with both drive shafts ground flush with the face of these, it makes a pass in the BRCA box.. Camber adjustments can also help or hinder the width, but you want to be able to adjust this to suit the car, not the box. Measure up, you might be ok.
Old 24-05-2011

Send a message via AIM to Adam Skelding Send a message via MSN to Adam Skelding Send a message via Yahoo to Adam Skelding Send a message via Skype™ to Adam Skelding

Captainlip
Question 1.
The crunch spacer in your wheel. Is is a yellow alloy one or a black one?

Question 2.
Have you checked the bearings in the front wheel? If any is seized then your wheel will always come undone. This is the most likely cause.

Might be worth giving your car a once over.

All the team use stock parts.

If the wheel is coming off and you have the steel crunch spacer in. There lies another issue which is almost 100% bearing related.

Might be time to give your car a once over.

Quote:
I'll post what I wat about something I spend my hard earned money on, and if it's not upto scratch I want to know why, I'm entitled to raise points about poor manufacturing when it's costing me race wins, I bought a Durango for it's "well machined" engineering! What a load of cock that is!

Yes I'm using Durango serrated wheel nuts.

Out of interest when I'm going round high speed corners rather than the wheel being smooth there is a wobble in the steering like the wheels are coming of this must exaggerate the nuts coming loose?

Powered by OptiPower

Do, or do not, there is no try!
Old 24-05-2011

Send a message via AIM to Adam Skelding Send a message via MSN to Adam Skelding Send a message via Yahoo to Adam Skelding Send a message via Skype™ to Adam Skelding

Having been the one that 'stripped' and rebuilt your diffs. Are you calling me a liar? Your bearings were completely shot.

Hmmm. Not exactly your most well thought out comment.

We took plenty of pictures and info regarding your diffs and could post them on here. Wonder if you might see the sarcasm in that?

However. As a professional company, we do our level best to help people who contact us directly. I'm pretty sure that everyone that has contacted us direct has been satisfied. I'm guessing your diffs work fine now as ther has been no posts.

Forum's are a great place for getting tips and also banter. But for slagging off and slander. I'm not so sure. If you have an issue contact us we have 'social skills' and about 100 years of RC experience in the office.

As much as I'm a fan of free speech, there is a limit.

Be thoughtful of what you write, it might just come back and haunt you.

Quote:
Posting these threads will get you somewhere as can share any problems or tips to stop wheels coming off, clearly others have the same problem.

And as for ringing Durango, that call cost me £60 as I sent the diffs for Durango to look at, when I called again they said they had located the issue and diffs are on the way back to me, next thing I get an email asking for £60, they had rebuilt the diffs and replaced parts regardless of cost and without informing the customer, so I wa left with the choice of £60 bill suprise or my original diffs returned to me free but in bits and still a mess, and in true fashion was given a load of bull of how it was user error regarding diff cases and bearings, what pissed me off was it was clear bull as the bearings were fine when sent off and the diff cases are moulded at Durango, not my fault they can't hold the bearings in place like they should have done, so again cases weren't even fit for purpose, and again I'm not the only one with this issue as everyone is sticking tape inside the cases to support the bearings

So less of the "must be you" nonsense, I'm sure I've the brains to at least screw a wheel nut on.