Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Ansmann Racing

Old 10-11-2010

Ordered mine :!) they have sold 5 already in the last few hours, someones keen . I should have it a few days 4 or 5 at the most if EMS is doing it's usual goodness
Old 10-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearo View Post
Don't forget that you'll need some saddle packs .
Thats why I need it because both cars I have use saddle packs now so I wont have any stick packs (well apart from the Stadium truck but I don't know if they are making a longer mid chasis for it since people in the UK with carpet dont race Stadium trucks anyway?)
Old 10-11-2010

6 sold 24 left :P I thought I'd put the link in incase any of you want some of that first batch. Even though tcmodels seems to be joined to the factory warehouse so I doubt they will be out of stock for long

http://www.tcmodels.net/index.php?pa...hk=1&Itemid=71
Old 10-11-2010

Quick question though. Will this mid motor car now not have a gear cover anymore? I know the spur/pinion are inside of the shell now, but I drive a lot in some very loose, sticky dirt, and I can't imagine some of that wouldn't find it's way too the spur/pinion without a gear cover.

Also, I have my doubts with that motor plate. It seems as flimsy as the originial one from the madrat/x-pro. I guess they'll be making another aluminum one a little later on...
Old 10-11-2010

I never broke the original motor plate and we had three of them running for a few months. Positronics 2wd has never broken a single part other then the diff and it must have done 50 packs with a 9 turn in it. My Madrat never broke anything either. I did break a few parts on the Stadium truck but with the bigger tyres that's under more load than the buggies. Neither of them have probably been over jumps where they flew more than 5 feet in high in the air, but they have done the 5 foot jump 100s if not 1000s of times and I think that's high enough for a 10th scale track. I have a huge sheet of 4mm alloy I could make an invincible motor plate from any time but I have just never had the need yet.

But this new one the motor plate seems thicker than the rear drive one? might be an illusion but it looks thicker to me. Does any mid motor car run a cover? I think the body just becomes gear cover. Anyway we will see what happens. I wont be driving mine for ages anyway
Old 10-11-2010

Send a message via MSN to colmo Send a message via Skype™ to colmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris56 View Post
hmmmmmmm
$55 ~ £37 plus an X-pro at £80 means a decent mid motor 2wd for less than £120.
Delivery from the Far East will bump it over £120, but you have the right idea!

Photos:
Oople Invernational 2010 - Sodden Sunday
Muchmore N. Irish GP 2010 (Touring cars)
BADMCC 1/8th Nitro buggies

Current cars:
X6^2 | JC BJ4WE | TM E4 & E4JS | HPI E-Firestorm | Losi Crawler | + many F1s, super crawlers, scalers, drifters in the works...
Old 10-11-2010

Quote:
Also, I have my doubts with that motor plate. It seems as flimsy as the originial one from the madrat/x-pro. I guess they'll be making another aluminum one a little later on...
I really like the option plate for the rear motor car as it is stronger and better than the original one. I replace the stock one after 8 months but was still good enough.

The motor plate should be better inside as you wont land on it like the rear motor. There is also a brace that mount it to the chassis so it should be good. As for the dirt well I race on a loamy track with many xFactory and they don't seems to have issues an there body is even more open in the back.
Old 10-11-2010

Yeah I don't think other mid motor buggies have gear covers, but I just don't think the gears will be protected that well without a sealed gear cover.

About the motor plate, I think you misunderstood me nicefrog. I've never broken one, in fact I've hardly broken anything on this stealth buggy . By flimsy, I meant that it warps when the buggy is under torque, which causes the spur and pinion gear to go a little of axis sometimes, which wears them out a lot faster.
Old 10-11-2010

Jaune, do those Xfactory cars at your track run as quick as a rear motor B4? what I'm trying to ask is, do you think the mid motor TC02/Xpro/TQ will be as quick as the rear motor car on dirt?. Obviously for the UK carpet racers this is the best thing since sliced bread and should be much quicker. On hard clay here in Australia the Xfactory cars still seem to be quicker than the B4's when driven by the average driver despite being mid motored
Old 10-11-2010

Just ordered mine (needed some bits from them anyway, so the price was very right!). Conversion set works out about 65 dollars with postage, so 50 quid ish.

Need to sort some saddle packs out now, but probably won't run it till the summer now anyway.
Old 10-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicefrog View Post
Jaune, do those Xfactory cars at your track run as quick as a rear motor B4? what I'm trying to ask is, do you think the mid motor TC02/Xpro/TQ will be as quick as the rear motor car on dirt?. Obviously for the UK carpet racers this is the best thing since sliced bread and should be much quicker. On hard clay here in Australia the Xfactory cars still seem to be quicker than the B4's when driven by the average driver despite being mid motored
I race on loose dirt were traction is more on the low side. At first I though that mid motor cars wouldn't have enough traction in our condition but it ended up the oposite. They transfer so much weight that they traction like crazy. They are also so stable in the air! We saw people jumping in the A as soon as they converted their B4.

I can still compete with my rear motor as I won against them two weeks ago but I now beleive that the TC02c will be as good and maybe better on our loose track. We will know soon I'm sure.
Old 10-11-2010

Cool, do you have a test kit or three on the way in the air to test before you get a big crate full shipped over on the slow boat?
Old 10-11-2010

Do you know if this conversion kit could fit a Kyosho RB5?
I mean, the rear-motor 2wd really looks like a RB5, at least for the front and rear ends.

Rusti Design - Awesome custom stickers and cool stuff

My trader feedback
Old 10-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayo View Post
Do you know if this conversion kit could fit a Kyosho RB5?
I mean, the rear-motor 2wd really looks like a RB5, at least for the front and rear ends.
mmm I looked at buying that tree from the RB5 that has the gearbox cases and T piece so see how close it was and if it could be made to fit just out of interest but never got around to it. From what I can remember not all the gears in the box have the same amount of teeth as the RB5, I know the diff does and the bearings are the same size, I wasn't confidant it would fit without a fair bit of grinding cutting drilling and modification.

If you want to run the experiment you can order the kit and see what fits inside the gearbox case and what doesn't and see if you can join the RB5 front end onto this chassis but surely in the end for all the stuffing around it would be cheaper and better just to get the whole car kit if you want a cheap RB5 similar mid motored car
Old 10-11-2010

Nicefrog, I'm actually just part of the team so I'm waiting for them to get their big shipment.

Gayo, I looked at the kyosho car closely and the parts arn't the same at all. The rear t-plate is really different in size and the front isn't close either so nothing on that kit would work on the kyosho.
Old 10-11-2010

Hi there. Do you know when will be available the whole car kit? And price aprox?
Thank you
Old 10-11-2010

nosequehacer, the car is for sale wholesale right now and has been for a week? but no shops or Ansmann or TQ or the international distributors will have it for a while, few weeks I guess? I'd guess the full kit price to be maybe $20 more than the rear motor car if that? might even end up the same price, there's no actual manufacturing reason for it to be much more expensive, it has about the same amount of parts etc. Just the t piece is a bit more solid, the extra idler gear and the carbon battery holder so I guess $20 would cover those things, the conversion kit is only $55 and would be probably $30 something if someone like rcmart stocked it and once you take out the rear motor parts from the kit and replace them well you aren't going to have much different in price
Old 11-11-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Yeah I don't think other mid motor buggies have gear covers, but I just don't think the gears will be protected that well without a sealed gear cover.

About the motor plate, I think you misunderstood me nicefrog. I've never broken one, in fact I've hardly broken anything on this stealth buggy . By flimsy, I meant that it warps when the buggy is under torque, which causes the spur and pinion gear to go a little of axis sometimes, which wears them out a lot faster.
Looking at the pictures the motorplate looks loads thicker than the standard one. Looks about the same thickness as the upgrade one.

I have only done one spur gear and that was due to motor moving after an accident. I am still on my original plate and I haven't seen any signs of bending yet.

With regards to dirt ingress in the gears I have never had that problem on my X6 in three years of racing ti both indoors and out.

Robert Jaques, Schumacher Racing KC, K2. Team Associated SC5M

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles

Last edited by Robbiejuk; 11-11-2010 at 01:18 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 11-11-2010

Ok that's good to hear .

Another question I have, though. Are there any differences in driving a rear or mid motor buggy other than weight transfer and traction?

The reason I ask is because I come from a motocross background and I love to be aggressive on the throttle and have the front wheels clawing for traction, especially in loose dirt. I would hate to have a more 'easy going' car if you know what I mean. And since I've never driven a mid motor car, I wonder if those cars are more 'easy going', or if every 2WD is the same in that aspect.
Old 12-11-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to Tom3012

Fearo, you sound like you have a similar driving style to me, bit of understeer? If so you'll love a mid motored car! You can be very aggressive without losing the back end

Atomic Carbon S2, S44, Vega B4.1

Trader feedback: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19374